F'n Dallas

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: F'n Dallas

It's the chance  you take when you try to "hide" guys.

And, no . . .  I don't think there is any "moral code" in the NFL . . .   not that I've ever seen, anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I believe it was moore decision to leave, he saw a better chance of becoming a starter with the Dallas Cowboys than here...Can't fault him for that, nor can we be mad at Dallas for signing him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I hope the best for the kid, was hard not to like him. Without his 2 huge plays against the Ravens we would not have played in the SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A code for taking other teams's players when they stash them on practice squads? You got to be kidding me? Belichick has got to be the worst when it comes to doing that (and I'm glad he is). Bottom line this will give Dallas and Moore a litttle time to get to know eachother before Moore makes it to the last line of cuts in August. At that point he will be signed to their practice squad, where he then will be stolen by Bill to play 7 minutes against Miami where he will bat a ball away from Reggie Bush. You then will tell the world the warnings were out people, before Belichick cuts him and we never hear from him again. You know, business as usual:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the cowboys are still in the playoff hunt, so this move isnt too surprising.....i also think BB did a similar thing during the off season when he took ballard away from the giants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just one of the risks of placing guys on the practice squad.  The Cowboys third corner fractured his hand in the last game and needs surgery and one of their safeties is also unlikely to play because of injury.  They just need a guy who can step in and Moore fits that bill.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well, Pats did snag Ballard...  It's the risks teams have to make in order to make room.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

With 6 losses, they still have a chance to sneak in, and no team worth its salt just gives up with five games left. Pulling an experienced corner from a practice squad is actually a smart move by Jones.  I'm no Jones fan--and don't think he's been particularly effective as GM in years--but this particular move would not be an example of stupidity.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Sterling Moore gone.   Crappy move by that turd Jones.  Isn't their a code in this league that you just don't poach from coaches' practice squads?

What good is it to remove Moore from this team now for Dallas?  Dallas is done.  You literally never see teams do this this late in the year in particular unless out of desperation.  

I'm guessing its payback for the dez Bryant pick lol. .

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Saw that coming...  Moore has a lot of good tape of plays made on his resume. I would have kept him over Chung and saved a bunch of money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm not gonna comment on any so called "moral code" issue but I'll agree with Rusty.

The Cowgirls are done.

They couldn't beat Cleveland in a must win game.

Then couldn't beat Wash. in another must win.

From that Cleveland game on, all their games are pretty much "must wins".  

Dallas stinks and they're done.

And yes, Jerry Jones is a moron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

God luck to Sterling, He made some key plays.  I wish the NFL would increase roster numbers so teams could protect some of their players.  But on the flip side it's good for the players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Saw that coming...  Moore has a lot of good tape of plays made on his resume. I would have kept him over Chung and saved a bunch of money.

I'd have to say Chung provides better value right now. He has a fair bit of starting experience and provides a potentially viable SS or at least in combination with Gregory.

Moore was on the PS because he had dropped below Cole, who didn't even dress last game and the immortal Derrick Martin. Barring injuries you'd have to think Moore wasn't gonna see the field again this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the cowboys are still in the playoff hunt, so this move isnt too surprising.....i also think BB did a similar thing during the off season when he took ballard away from the giants.

You seriously think they're in the playoff hunt?  Again, I don't.  I think this is another delusional organization that you can add to the delusional thread.

Jerry Jones is an utter moron.  Did you see where some Dallas fan seriously started a petition to have him removed as GM?  lmao

No joke.

do i think they will make the playoffs? no.....but mathematically they are still in the race, which is all i was really saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

And now we brought in 5 D backs for workouts today

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

I'd have to say Chung provides better value right now. He has a fair bit of starting experience and provides a potentially viable SS or at least in combination with Gregory.

Moore was on the PS because he had dropped below Cole, who didn't even dress last game and the immortal Derrick Martin. Barring injuries you'd have to think Moore wasn't gonna see the field again this year.

Strange how he slid down... He always looked to me like a good tackler who was heads up knocking balls out.  He goes from quasi starter against rams, making numerous plays, tackles etc, some minor mistakes, 45-7 win,  to practice squad?  Meanwhile cole gets up slow checking his knee, chung cant get on the field, and dowling on ir ...  Defies explanation.

There was something wierd behind the scenes that must have happened, like he mouthed off or something.

I think he also played safety as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Good for Moore to get a chance to play, that's why the system is set up the way it is.  I don't know about any "code" among teams regarding this sort of thing. I know there was talk of such a code when BB claimed Ballard, but that isn't really analogous to this situation. Ballard was let go and apparently the Giants were hoping he'd clear waivers and they could re-sign him at some future point, because he was injured and unlikely to play this year.  He wasn't on or eligible for the PS.

Moore is ready to play and will presumably benefit from this. I think he could have refused to go if he wanted to stay on the PS?

That said, maybe there is a code, because it doesn't happen that often.  If there is, I believe that would be collusion?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great play saving the Baltimore game last year.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Prolate,

You sound like his lawyer. I think any rational Cowboys fan realizes not only are they not winning a SB with Romo and what Jones has built there, but they aren't making the playoffs in a congested NFC.

If you look at the divisions like the NFCN or NFCS or even the NFCW with Seattle in 2nd place, all those teams have better chances than Dallas.

I get your point, but Sterling Moore isn't changing the chances of Dallas's playoff hopes.

vs Philly

@ Cincy

vs Pitt

vs Saints

@ Skins

They're done. At best, they'll finish 8-8. 

I agree it's extremely unlikely they'll make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean they should just give up with five games left.  Besides, they really are short bodies because of injuries so why not take an available player who has shown he can play before and who could possibly make your team next year?  That's all sensible to me . . . and the practice squad rules are designed to allow that to happen.  I'd expect Belichick to do absolutely the same if the Pats were in the same situation. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts