Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance...

Giants bursting with confidence in Indy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance...:
    There is little respect and much hate for the PATS across the entire nation.  Wear it proudly PATS fans, we are better than all their teams.  They all know it and cannot get over it.  Its been a decade of win, win, win, win, wn and they cannot figure it out.  Tune out the negativity and enjoy the ride.
    Posted by Dessalines

I believe that it isn't just the Pats success, but the overall success of Boston teams over the last decade.  Many fans of other cities don't want to see the city of Boston win another championship. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Re: Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance...:
    In Response to Re: Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance... : I believe that it isn't just the Pats success, but the overall success of Boston teams over the last decade.  Many fans of other cities don't want to see the city of Boston win another championship. 
    Posted by susan250

I couldn't agree more!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Fodder for thought after reading ALL the Giant players arrogance...:
    After reading the other posts about all the mouthing off & arrogance the Giants players are spewing...I had this thought... Are the Giants players so blind to understand that the Patriots players have 1 goal and focus in mind...WIN the Superbowl for 2 people...Myra & Bob Kraft!!!  ESPECIALLY as a dedication to the memory of this great woman!!! As all the players are starting to say...it's just all noise to them! GO PATS!!!
    Posted by mrtm70

I posted this elsewhere but I didn't want any rational Giant fan---hmmm??? is that an oxymoron---to miss it. I am a Patriot fan as roots are in Maine but I've lived in SF past 45 years so I'm a 49er fan too. Let me say that had SF won and played New England, I would have been in a win-win situation favoring the Patriots but not really unhappy with any outcome. 

IF A GIANT FAN IS A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN AND DOES NOT   SAY “WHEW, WE WERE LUCKY TO WIN THAT GAME VS SF”, then they are irrational.  

And regarding beating Green Bay,  who can possibly know what the complete effect of the death of the coach’s son had on the team.  Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said  this week's death of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's son had a deep effect on him so I wonder how many others it had an effect on.

Mention has only been made about the bonehead play of Kyle Williams resulting in 2 fumbles. Yup, on the 2nd in OT I’d have used even Frank Gore or anyone not to risk a fumble. Read below & see the other breaks the Giants got that without them there might not have been an OT.

The 49ers outplayed the Giants. San Francisco’s defense brutalized Eli Manning , hitting him 21 times and sacking him six times. It was a marvelous defensive effort that should’ve combined with two big plays from tight end Vernon Davis to put San Francisco back in the Super Bowl.  Believe me, the better team did not win.  The Giants were lucky !!!  With the score tied with about 2 minutes to go there was an uncalled fumble by Giants’ Ahmad Bradshaw as he was artfully stripped of the ball while still upright.   The officials declined to review the play and refused to let coach Jim Harbaugh challenge the call because a forward progress judgment cannot be overturned by replay.  SF would have had the ball on the NY 20 yard line and could have milked the clock to score a TD or kick a field goal and even if there was time left, NY would have used all its timeouts.

But prior to this,  a near interception knocked out a 49ers by his own team mate.  Either player could have had the ball but they didn’t see each other. SF was so good they had 2 defenders on a Giant receiver. Alas, just one would have intercepted. This also happened on another play when 2 SF players bumped each other preventing an interception.  Uncanny that the 49ers led the NFL in turnover ratio and their special teams did not give up the ball once in any of their 17 other games and the bad luck that SF needed to use a Kyle Williams because of a knee injury to our premier return man, Ted Ginn.  And on the first turnover to have the ball take a bounce that nicks his knee by 1/2 inch.  On this turnover, the Giants got a TD and on the turnover in OT they got a field goal…these were the only points they scored in 2nd half accentuating the fact that 49er defense was terrific.  And, they were given the ball on SF’s 20 yard line both times !!!    

COME ON PATRIOTS, GET REVENGE FOR THE SUPER BOWL PRIOR UNDEFEATED SEASON A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND ALSO GET REVENGE FOR THIS 49ER FAN TOO!!!  

The best rivalry in sports between 2 cities is Boston vs NY(Red Sox/Yankees, Patriots/Jets etc)., I think ,  so, I agree, let’s get it on …Giants vs. Patriots--- 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

I'd rather have all of this attention focussed on the Giants and their confidence.  It puts that much more pressure on them to back it up...and we all know how that scenario usually plays out.  The verbage reminds me of a certain LT and the teams he played for, and I expect the same result this time.

SB42 and the lead up was completely different than this go-around and counterproductive to the Pats.  The Giants were underdogs. They could play the no respect card. 18-0.  And then the Herald broke all those garbage Pats taped the Rams walk-through myths.  This all put much pressure on the Pats and they let the Giant's D beat them (with a lot of luck).  I see a completely different mindset leading up to SB46, and a welcomed one.

Of course no one can predict who will win, but I will always favor the team that is quiet and flies under the radar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Stange how a bizarre set of plays and events has determined that the Giants won SB 42 and now get to 46. No in the grasp and a two inch from touching the ground catch, a death in the family to the one person a QB depends on, a fumbled punt return followed by another fumbled punt return. Nobody believes in luck.......... until it runs out. Arrogance with a basis in luck is the beginning of a fools demise.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Giants' Canty: 'Ready for a parade'

INDIANAPOLIS -- Instead of "All In," the New York Giants should adopt Charlie Sheen's mantra. 

"Winning." 

For the third consecutive day, a Giant expressed the team's supreme confidence that New York will win Super Bowl XLVI. 

"Get ready for a great game on Super Bowl Sunday," Chris Canty said on WNBC-TV when asked to give Giants fans a message on camera. "And get ready for a parade on Tuesday." 

While there haven't been any guarantees from the Giants, some of Tom Coughlin's players aren't shy about telling the world how confident they feel going into the Super Bowl. 

The Giants respect the Patriots but are showing no fear. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul says Tom Brady is a "great quarterback" but one that is human and can be rattled. 

"Anybody can be rattled," Pierre-Paul said. "Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but at the end of the day, he is just a quarterback. It is not like he is God. 

"We've just got to get to him," Pierre-Paul continued. "We know what's at stake and we've got to get there fast enough. I know our secondary is going to do a great job covering wide receivers and tight ends and we've just got to get to him. It all starts up front no matter what." 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Different version

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wilfork asked about  talking. "game is never won through papers or media. We'll do our talking on Sunday."

Sections
Shortcuts