Football Conversation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Football Conversation

Just thought it would be nice.....  does anyone want to fight, troll, and belittle eachother?  This forum is great for that apparently.

Or I thought it was interesting how someone like Felix Jones may be washed up, even though just 26 years old.  Crazy what this league can do to people.  He was explosive back there.  His career may have been salvaged if he was used more in third down back role and not pressed into a feature back...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Football Conversation

Especially at the RB position the NFL life expectancy is very short indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Just thought it would be nice.....  does anyone want to fight, troll, and belittle eachother?  This forum is great for that apparently.

Or I thought it was interesting how someone like Felix Jones may be washed up, even though just 26 years old.  Crazy what this league can do to people.  He was explosive back there.  His career may have been salvaged if he was used more in third down back role and not pressed into a feature back...

what happened, did he retire?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

what happened, did he retire?

The Philadelphia Inquirer doesn't project Felix Jones to make the Eagles' 53-man roster. The Inquirer goes so far as to say Jones' "career might be over." The former first-rounder just turned 26 years old, but his explosion has been sapped. He's no higher than No. 4 on the depth chart, and the Eagles may keep just three backs. Jones rushed for 31 yards on eight carries in the preseason opener. Aug 15 - 1:10 PM Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea, not a long shelf life for backs. Best you can hope for it to be used like a K.faulk and enjoy a 10 plus year career. I think its amazing that anyone could take that pounding past 5 years personally. I wouldnt do it. I would be on defense dishing out the punishment.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yea, not a long shelf life for backs. Best you can hope for it to be used like a K.faulk and enjoy a 10 plus year career. I think its amazing that anyone could take that pounding past 5 years personally. I wouldnt do it. I would be on defense dishing out the punishment.

I hear ya.  But while defensive players knock out players from time to time, they are the ones take more and more self inflicted shots throughtout a longer period of time.  Glass joe gets knocked out cold and stays out, while Ali gets beat to a pulp - did that even make sense? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I hear ya.  But while defensive players knock out players from time to time, they are the ones take more and more self inflicted shots throughtout a longer period of time.  Glass joe gets knocked out cold and stays out, while Ali gets beat to a pulp - did that even make sense? 

yea it does, but I wouldnt be out there hitting with my head. When I played, I wasnt a try and knock you out guy. I was a hit you low if you are big, grab your jersey and swing you to the ground if you are smaller type of defender, but a sure tackler none the less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sorry I'm so late. I had to sift through 5 threads and  73 posts by rusty and bustcheese talking about millenials and queens?

Felix Jones was probably never the same after multiple injuries. Guys like that really need there wheels as opposed to mauler backs.

Really interested to see how big a jump Vareen makes this year. Getting Woodheads looks I'd like to see 5-700 yards rushing and 6-800 yards receiving!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

yea it does, but I wouldnt be out there hitting with my head. When I played, I wasnt a try and knock you out guy. I was a hit you low if you are big, grab your jersey and swing you to the ground if you are smaller type of defender, but a sure tackler none the less.

[/QUOTE]

I did the same... being smaller than almost all TEs I ended up covering I had to use ever trick I could if there was no chance to break up the pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Running backs in this league that are truly productive for longer than 4 years are rare.  They get nailed when they carry the ball and get nailed when they don't.  Truly a shame that a talent like F. Jones has taken such a beating that he is done at this point.  On the other hand, perhaps he's leaving with his brain still essentially in tact.  That's where LBs take the biggest beating IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Badger the mods to ban them and/or do their job. 

I assumed people already have but you keep showing up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All it takes is losing just a tick off your speed and quickness at that position and you're cooked. I remember Jerry Glanville calling a preseason game for us (we had just signed a former 1000 yard rusher from the Bears) and I thought he looked pretty good...he was 29. Glanville kept saying, "ahh he's lost a little burst, once these guys lose a burst they can't get it back". Belichick cut him the next day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry I'm so late. I had to sift through 5 threads and  73 posts by rusty and bustcheese talking about millenials and queens?

Felix Jones was probably never the same after multiple injuries. Guys like that really need there wheels as opposed to mauler backs.

Really interested to see how big a jump Vareen makes this year. Getting Woodheads looks I'd like to see 5-700 yards rushing and 6-800 yards receiving!

[/QUOTE]

Great way to start your post, lol.  

Sections
Shortcuts