Football Outsiders: Pats have the edge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Football Outsiders: Pats have the edge

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2014/2014-afc-championship-preview

Without Chris Harris and Von Miller the Denver passing defense is there for the taking. It would scare me as a theoretical Broncos fan that I'd be relying on the worst third-down pass defense in the NFL against Tom Brady. I don't think the Denver pass offense has been truly awe-inspiring since the first few weeks of the season, and, as odd as it is to say about a team that seems to have lost half its defensive stars, New England just looks to have more horses to ride on that side of the ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Football Outsiders: Pats have the edge

i like our defrense too. we beat the broncos and and beat the turds out of the seabirds two weeks after that

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Football Outsiders: Pats have the edge

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Yep. Worst 3rd down D.  I harken back to the 2007 divisionals when Brady went 25/27 or whatever it was vs Del Rio's blitz and zone D.

Pats to come out loose and ready.

The raw point numbers favor Denver, but all the indicators are pointing straight Patriots.  I'm a biased fan, but lately I wonder if we're not going to see a Patriots blowout against Denver, no contest at all.  I doubt that I'd say the same about either San Francisco or Seattle in NYC. 

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts