Football related...kind of suspicious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Football related...kind of suspicious

Former D-II National Champion QB Cullen Finnerty Missing After Fishing Trip

Hi-res-81980561_crop_north

Getty Images/Getty Images

Cullen Finnerty, a quarterback who led Grand Valley State to the Division II national championship in three of his four seasons as a starter (2003, 2005 and 2006), has been missing since late Sunday night after a fishing trip on the Baldwin River.

Northern Michigan's 9&10 News initially reported the unfortunate development on Monday and updated the story on Tuesday to document that Finnerty still hadn't been found.

According to the Lake County Sheriff's Department, family members dropped Finnerty off at the river, which is near the Bray Creek State Forest Campground.

When Finnerty finished fishing, he called his wife and said he was scared. He then abandoned his equipment and ran into the woods.

No contact has been established with the 30-year-old Finnerty since that phone call. Searchers discovered his pontoon boat at the scene, but it was empty. Search crews around the river and a helicopter view of the woods have not been successful in finding him.

There is no evidence available for investigators to deem Finnerty's disappearance suspicious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Football related...kind of suspicious

wow....Lockness monster?!?

(Ive been watching "river monsters" lately)  and thats why I dont fool with mother nature. Amazing how much sh*t is in the water. There are even alien type looking mermaids in the ocean apparently. Saw him for the 1st time last week. Scary sh*t indeed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ssf/2013/05/cullen_finnerty_scared_and_had.html

I read about that ... but what I saw was that it wasn't so suspicious and that foul play wasn't suspected at all.

Apparently the guy was having some kind of an episode, told his family, and wandered/ran off. Also, apprently his family knew he had a propensity to have these episodes and it was concussion related.

It's really a shame, but head trauma can completely change a person. 

One of my old colleagues/professors was upended on his bicycle by a car door opening on him. He had a rather severe head injury. Before the injury he was happy and productive. But afterward he became wthdrawn, unproductive, suicidal, and eventually took his own life.

It was a literal sea change ... you could even tell by the way he would dess/groom himself that something wasn't right afterward.

The doctors told the family (who discussed with the faculty) that some part of his brain was injured, and it made him become suicudal and terminally depressed.

I can imagine the kind of concussions Finnerty's family is talking about could produce derealization, anxiety, dimensia as well. I hope they find him really. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ssf/2013/05/cullen_finnerty_scared_and_had.html

I read about that ... but what I saw was that it wasn't so suspicious and that foul play wasn't suspected at all.

Apparently the guy was having some kind of an episode, told his family, and wandered/ran off. Also, apprently his family knew he had a propensity to have these episodes and it was concussion related.

It's really a shame, but head trauma can completely change a person. 

One of my old colleagues/professors was upended on his bicycle by a car door opening on him. He had a rather severe head injury. Before the injury he was happy and productive. But afterward he became wthdrawn, unproductive, suicidal, and eventually took his own life.

It was a literal sea change ... you could even tell by the way he would dess/groom himself that something wasn't right afterward.

The doctors told the family (who discussed with the faculty) that some part of his brain was injured, and it made him become suicudal and terminally depressed.

I can imagine the kind of concussions Finnerty's family is talking about could produce derealization, anxiety, dimensia as well. I hope they find him really. 

Wow, thanks for the info. I feel bad for joking about it now. Those concussions are a doozy! Its sad and crazy at the same time that with all the stuff going on in your brain, that an inury mostly exposes the suicidal/depression part of it. Its almost like a subliminal message to shut down because it knows it has been damages. Kind of like fighting for your right to live after your brain has given up. I could never imagine, must be horrible and its the ONE reason I considered taking my son out of pop warner,despite how good he was. He is a better basketball player though. :). Not worth your life if you ask me so no football for him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

scary to think that the one body part you rely on for your thinking abilities ...can be altered completely like that to the point you have those types of episodes..kind of a disconnect from reality...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sad ending, they found his body in the woods. I love football, but I'm not sure I would ever want anyone I know and love playing this game (or hockey) past high school and risking the issues that come from the concussions brought on by the hitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

sad it is........couldn't find any article on whether he really had a concussion injury.....that they weren't ruling it foul play before he was found must have meant he had some sort of history. Prayers go out to his wife and kids...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Did they find him dead? Suicide???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He was found dead.  Really sad story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to soups' comment:

He was found dead.  Really sad story.

TRAGIC....and worse so young with a wife and kids

it might be concussion related or some encroaching mental/emotional problems not related to head trauma but either way he was obviously troubled...very sad

For those who have never heard the story google "PHINEAS GAGE"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Sounds fishy to me!