Football Scoring Contest - Playoff Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Playoff Thread

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

this is abit confusing...   NYjoseph we need a ruling from the commish.

based on the coin flip....   7-8  looks like bengals,  niners,  or  chiefs....?

6 teams have been taken by the time 56redsox and irishfanatic get a chance to pick.

I then put their lists side by side.

I go down both lists until I find a team that hasn't been chosen.

56redsox had the Bengals (unchosen) at #2.  If irishfanatic had the Bengals at #2 I would have flipped a coin.  He didn't so I continued down his list until I found the first unchosen team - the 49ers.

Does that make sense?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Good Luck Everyone....

Wink............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

You crack me up 12.

LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good luck contestants! Go Packers!

http://minnesotavikingschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/NFC-North-Intimidation-Factor.jpg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

Having trouble with my other name. This is JimmyTantric's Picks

1 Seattle

2 Broncos

3 San Fran

4 Pats

5 Green Bay

6 Cinci

7 New Orleans

8 Carolina

9 Indy

how many names do you have....?

Only have two --  used bradysgirls for real last Sept due to problems with jimmytantric---I am not very computer litirate so I had to reassign myself another name-recently I am not able to post on jimmytantric due to some glitch --- a  "br"   thing enclosed on the outsides with what looks like this---- (^)only sideways), sits in the posting area - me and the wife tried to get rid of it and couldn't  - every time I post nothing gets posted-- so Im stuck with bradysgirl for real I have no idea why this br thing popped up in the posting box all of a sudden? I'v e had Jimmytantric for a about 3 years--I was in on Phils knockout contest last year and am not happy I to change names I just don't know how to fix it-sorry?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Good luck contestants! Go Packers!

http://minnesotavikingschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/NFC-North-Intimidation-Factor.jpg

LOL @ packers picture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

pats,broncs, shawks,49ers,pack, saints,panthers, colts,chiefs, eagles.

Looking like you'll wind up with the Colts not a bad choice as they play WC game and will face the Donkeys who they've beat already this year could be Indy/Pats in AFC game?

Looks like it depends on who 56redsox takes .    

quoting jr37's avatar....  "WELL..................?   WE'RE WAITING............"

lol...

If you follow the progression of picks it was going to be the Colts due to RS56 and Quagmires picks? In hindsight I'd rather have the Colts than the Panthers--extra game and have just a good a chance to go as far as the Panthers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

6 teams have been taken by the time 56redsox and irishfanatic get a chance to pick.

56redsox had the Bengals (unchosen) at #2.  If irishfanatic had the Bengals at #2 I would have flipped a coin.  He didn't so I continued down his list until I found the first unchosen team - the 49ers.

Does that make sense?

Wow that is a beautiful pic--man nature is something!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Is there an official list yet???? Whoever has KC is off to a fast start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Does that make sense?

Not really since the position matters.  the tie if decided by a coin flip ...  plays out 2 different ways.    7 position is differnt than 8 position.

if 56 is 7 then it goes bengals for 56redsox.....  and 49ers for Irish

If Irish is 7 theen it goes Irish gets Bengals and  56redsox -chiefs.

that changes the following teams as well. Just saying that it was a little confusing.  No big deal.    Maybe tweak it next year if you think it might clarify things...  Thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yes.   See the updated first post of the thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yes.   See the updated first post of the thread.

Ok Thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Does that make sense?

Not really since the position matters.  the tie if decided by a coin flip ...  plays out 2 different ways.    7 position is differnt than 8 position.

that changes the following teams as well. Just saying that it was a little confusing.  No big deal.    Maybe tweak it next year if you think it might clarify things...  Thanks.

There was no coin flip.   I explained it the best I could.  Try reading it again.  Maybe someone else can explain it better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Does that make sense?

There was no coin flip.   I explained it the best I could.  Try reading it again.  Maybe someone else can explain it better.

It makes total sense--I tried to explain to coolade BEFORE 56RedSox picked that he'd wind up with the Colts due to the order of both Quagmires and 56RS picks?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's a shame to get 44 from the Chiefs and be eliminated.

44 points is like half a season for the Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

It makes total sense--I tried to explain to coolade BEFORE 56RedSox picked that he'd wind up with the Colts due to the order of both Quagmires and 56RS picks?

Um ... how can you explain BEFORE 56RedSox picked ....? 

That was the confusing part...  if 7-8 go  bengals-chiefs  then you would get 49ers and I would have gotten panthers...  right? 

Britneyg_crop_650 Image via colts.com

butt,  ^^^

The commish has ruled and I get the way it was done ....  like I said no big deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Well that was short lived. What was I thinking picking these guys to play football...

Good luck to everyone remaining!

Joseph, I can't thank you enough for running the game. It was the most fun I had all season!

Go Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If irishfanatic had picked 7th he would have gotten the Bengals. If 56redsox had picked 7th he would have gotten the Bengals. I see coolade's contention. I guess if 56redsox and irishfanatic don't have an issue with it then it's not an issue.

Edit: Disregard this post, I failed to read the rules. nyjoseph had his bases covered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I guess I should apologize if there is/was confusion about the tie between irishfanatic and 56redsox.  It seems there is.

In my defense (if this comes to trial) let me recap some things:

(A) Here's what I said in the first post:

Some more rules:

1) I will assign teams to gameplayers by looking at their list in order from top to bottom.  So, even if you are ranked #5, for example, you may get assigned a team that you ranked higher if no one above you took them.
    2) The tie between 56redsox and irishfanatic will probably resolve itself under Rule 1, above.  If all else fails I will flip a coin and 1 guy will get #7 and the other will get #8.

So, I didn't say that there would automatically be a coin flip between the two.  I said the flip would only take place if Rule 1 did not resolve the tie.  I don't get how anyone thinks either player's list would be used before the other's without a flip.  How?  

(B) Both of the players actually received teams that they ranked higher than they would have received at position 7 and 8 if everyone had the same lists.  That was what I suggested might happen.   Irishfanatic received a team that he ranked #6.   56redsox received a team that he ranked #2.

(C) As I mentioned, I put these players lists side-by-side.   By the time they picked 6 teams were already off the board.

irishfanatic's #1 pick was the Packers.   They were already off the board.

56redsox's #1 pick was the Saints.  They were already off the board.

irishfanatic's #2 pick was the Eagles.  They were already off the board.

56redsox's #2 pick was the Bengals.  He got the Bengals.  As I mentioned earlier, if BOTH players had taken the Bengals at the same position that would have resulted in a coin flip.

If either irishfanatic or 56redsox are disappointed with how this went down I really am sorry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

Well that was short lived. What was I thinking picking these guys to play football...

Good luck to everyone remaining!

Joseph, I can't thank you enough for running the game. It was the most fun I had all season!

Go Pats!

Wow.  They look pretty dejected.  I wonder if they put money up too?

It was a pleasure to have you on board Cyberknot.  Those puzzles were great entertainment!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Sorry nyjoseph. I missed that when reading the rules.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

NY Joseph,

There is no need for any apologies, none required. As I have said before now, it is us who are thankful to you for running this comp.

I am rooting for a Patriots v 49's S/B. 

BTW, best of luck 2nite Digger.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Having fun following along to see who wins this.

Thank you again nyjoseph for putting this on again this season.  I had fun playing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

nyjoseph, to echo the last 4 or 5 posters... thanks for running a tremendously entertaining contest! hope we get to do this again next year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks irish. Same to you.

Sections
Shortcuts