Football Scoring Contest - Week 11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Week 11

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK Coolade, here I go.. it's a brave pick by you!

Picture # 1 - New car

Picture # 2 - That is Denny Laine.  He is an English musician and songwriter

Picture # 3 - That is a ski resort in Vermont.  The name of the resort is is Mad River Glen

Picture # 4 - Good ol Jerry Pate

Picture # 5 - Freaky looking tree octopus

Picture # 6 - I have no idea.  Maybe they are called "its"

So we have.. NEW EN GLEN PA TREE ITS = New England Patriots

Well done Coolade!  I was a little flustered at the start but a little time away raking up some leaves in the yard and another try then it all came together.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it might be TOO brave... lol.  I am considering changing my pick after all that...lol.  It might be low scoring based on the Carolina defense...  Not sure at the moment but will post again before  1PM...    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Picture # 1 - New car

Picture # 3 - That is a ski resort in Vermont.  The name of the resort is is Mad River Glen

Well done Coolade!  I was a little flustered at the start but a little time away raking up some leaves in the yard and another try then it all came together.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it might be TOO brave... lol.  I am considering changing my pick after all that...lol.  It might be low scoring based on the Carolina defense...  Not sure at the moment but will post again before  1PM...    

[/QUOTE]

You know once you change your pick the Pats will end up scoring 50.  So yeah, please change your pick.. I want to see the Pats score/win big.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what tfb what!!!

[/QUOTE]

What? What? NEGAME!  What?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Wow.  Came back and saw some great puzzles ... and quick solutions from TFB12. 

I may have to come up with one of my own next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Brianne

Thank You.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cyberknot has added another layer of fun here and coolade has also added to it making it almost, almost as good as the girl pictures.  I have mine for next week already.  It will probably be super easy for you guys though, hahaha!!

Who started the girl picture to this last year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cyberknot has added another layer of fun here and coolade has also added to it making it almost, almost as good as the girl pictures.  I have mine for next week already.  It will probably be super easy for you guys though, hahaha!!

Who started the girl picture to this last year?

[/QUOTE]

Hey TFB12:   Outstanding work by you on the puzzles.   I will make it a personal challenge to stump you this week.

As for the Pic of the Week:  In the interest of clarity ... the Commish never claimed it was a contest for cutest girl.   Someone got it started and others followed suit.  But really, I'll give equal consideration to wildlife, something funny, anything original ... the list is endless.

My own avatar is a picture from the Hubble.   Recently it was announced that as many as 40 billion Earth-like planets may exist in the galaxy.  This is the most mind-blowing thing I've ever heard.  I wish people took as much interest in this as they do in what their favorite celebrity is doing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/cosmic-census-finds-billions-of-planets-that-could-be-like-earth.html?_r=0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

redskins

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey TFB12:   Outstanding work by you on the puzzles.   I will make it a personal challenge to stump you this week.

As for the Pic of the Week:  In the interest of clarity ... the Commish never claimed it was a contest for cutest girl.   Someone got it started and others followed suit.  But really, I'll give equal consideration to wildlife, something funny, anything original ... the list is endless.

My own avatar is a picture from the Hubble.   Recently it was announced that as many as 40 billion Earth-like planets may exist in the galaxy.  This is the most mind-blowing thing I've ever heard.  I wish people took as much interest in this as they do in what their favorite celebrity is doing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/cosmic-census-finds-billions-of-planets-that-could-be-like-earth.html?_r=0

[/QUOTE]

Thanks nyjoseph.  Sorry I took the fun away from you by solving them before you had a chance to see them, but I'm hooked on them now, lol!  We have 3 things going on in this one contest, awesome!

Interesting info about your avatar and cool link.  Thanks for sharing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pic Winner for Weekdigger0862 wins for a 2nd consecutive week.  Gotta love the All-American girl who gets mud-splattered and still has a smile on her face.
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm not beating this week's pics by TFB12 and tcal, though.

Also, you picked the right team this week.

http://prod.images.eagles.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/EAGLES/assets/images/imported/PHI/photos/clubimages/2013/11-November/temp111413_06--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

[/QUOTE]

yum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Warning to the rest of the players:  Stay away from my pick this week unless you want to suffer along with me ...

We can't say you didn't warn us. Lesson learned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Picture # 1 - New car

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know once you change your pick the Pats will end up scoring 50.  So yeah, please change your pick.. I want to see the Pats score/win big.

[/QUOTE]

THanks , tfb,  I too was concerned about the murphy's law jinx so I changed my pick at the last 1:03 pm minute to the redskins who sputtered to merely 16 points...   However, I was concerned since I thought gametimes were 1:05 and that this pick might be disqualified since the gametime was actually started at 1:00, meaning I missed it by 3 minutes.

I think we need a ruling from NYJoseph...  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

THanks , tfb,  I too was concerned about the murphy's law jinx so I changed my pick at the last 1:03 pm minute to the redskins who sputtered to merely 16 points...   However, I was concerned since I thought gametimes were 1:05 and that this pick might be disqualified since the gametime was actually started at 1:00, meaning I missed it by 3 minutes.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry for making you change your pick but it is probably in our best interest as Patriot fans that you don't jinx them for tomorrow night.  Take one for the team!!  Smile

In all seriousness, I think you are stuck with the Pats pick.  You made the change too late!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry for making you change your pick but it is probably in our best interest as Patriot fans that you don't jinx them for tomorrow night.  Take one for the team!!  Smile

In all seriousness, I think you are stuck with the Pats pick.  You made the change too late!

[/QUOTE]

Commish needs to make a ruling lol....  I'll accept it either way.   Preferrably before the game tonight.