Football Scoring Contest - Week 8

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Week 8

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

You guys are great!   I don't feel quite so bad knowing that it isn't so obvious. 

TFB12, T.S. Eliot looks like Pic 3 for sure.   Nice going!   How on earth did you know that?  I kinda wish his name was "Bill" though because in some wild configuration I was going with "Buff" for Pic1 and "Bill" for Pic3, leading to the Buffalo Bills.  And, now I can't seem to make T.S. Eliot fit either.  Is he saying we should only take the "TS"?  That could mean only the Saints or Jets (the only teams not on BYE that he hasn't already chosen).   Pic1 and Pic3 would fit the Saints.  Pic1 = New Orleans;  Pic3 = TS.   Pic2 = "sain"?  I dunno.

NEGAME, I like your thinking.  We'll wait for others or Cyberknot to confirm this puzzle.

Some good thinking going on here with you and NEGAME.  I don't want this one to end just yet, it's a good one.

Picture # 1 - I will be disappointed if it is New Orleans because clearly it is RIO Carnival.

Picture # 2 - Could be Fishing net, deep sea fishing net, deep water fishing net or even casting net.

Picture # 3 and to answer your question - I remember reading T.S. Eliot "Waste Land" in school and had to do a report on it.  The interesting thing is that when you do an image search for T.S. Eliot  that picture cyberknot posted does not come up right away, you really have to search for it.  But when you do an image search for Thomas Stearns Eliot the picture comes up as one of the first choices.   So is Cyberknot using that picture as a clue for one of his writings or for TS?  If he typed in T.S. Eliot in an image search he would have used a different picture, maybe.  Get what I am saying?

I know, we are reading way to much into this one.  Hahaha, I'm starting to thing NEGAME has it nailed.  The only thing that is stopping me is why on earth would anyone pick the Cardinals, especially since he is in the running for the top spot.

I wasn't trying to be misleading with the photo. I was looking for Mardi Gras and saw this one and liked it. After I posted it I was sorry, it looked more like Vegas. Didn't even think of Carnival.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Well Done nyjoseph.

Ok, Cyberknot that was a good one.

Cyberknot was throwing us off with the RIO Carnival photo, but that is also a mardi gras celebration, he was getting a little tricky with that.  Better start thinking about next weeks now, I expect a even harder one after this.  You have upped the standards now.

TFB12, like I said when I first asked for help, I figured if we could determine who the guy was in Pic 3 the rest would fall in place.  You were the one that came up with T.S. Eliot.  That really narrowed it down to just 2 teams with names ending with "TS".  So, you deserve 95% of the credit.

Oh, and great dig through the archives to bring up the back and forth on the Wooden Toothed Babe.   She's still gorgeous.  And you are still the best!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well Done nyjoseph.

Ok, Cyberknot that was a good one.

Cyberknot was throwing us off with the RIO Carnival photo, but that is also a mardi gras celebration, he was getting a little tricky with that.  Better start thinking about next weeks now, I expect a even harder one after this.  You have upped the standards now.

TFB12, like I said when I first asked for help, I figured if we could determine who the guy was in Pic 3 the rest would fall in place.  You were the one that came up with T.S. Eliot.  That really narrowed it down to just 2 teams with names ending with "TS".  So, you deserve 95% of the credit.

Oh, and great dig through the archives to bring up the back and forth on the Wooden Toothed Babe.   She's still gorgeous.  And you are still the best!

LOL, thanks man but it was all you!   The key was you coming up with this...

"There is a fishing net called the "seine" net.  From my French in school the pronounciation  would roughly fit the equivalent of "sain"."

Brilliant!! 

As far as wooden teeth, I will try and get you some better proof.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

I wasn't trying to be misleading with the photo. I was looking for Mardi Gras and saw this one and liked it. After I posted it I was sorry, it looked more like Vegas. Didn't even think of Carnival.

Sure you weren't.   You were probably sitting back getting a kick out of watching us try and figure this one out.  If not for nyjoseph I would still be trying.  How did you like NEGAMES guess?  It wasn't correct but she sure had a good guess and ideas about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Sure you weren't.   You were probably sitting back getting a kick out of watching us try and figure this one out.  If not for nyjoseph I would still be trying.  How did you like NEGAMES guess?  It wasn't correct but she sure had a good guess and ideas about it.

Game's answer was more creative than mine, that's for sure. I'm glad it's not her pool, I'd have Arizona this week!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Game's answer was more creative than mine, that's for sure. I'm glad it's not her pool, I'd have Arizona this week!

LOL!  She was very creative in trying to figure this out. She is one of the good ones around here, that's for sure. 

Looking forward to your next weeks pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You guys like puzzles...apparently.    So Ill see if I can come up with one...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

You guys like puzzles...apparently.    So Ill see if I can come up with one...

Awesome!  I  Look forward to it.  It better be a tough one, nyjoseph and NEGAME are pretty good! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Detroit Lions  please

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I will take Seattle --thanks

Sorry for the extra work but can I change my pick to the San Fran 49rs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

49ers for me!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

49ers for me!

Copy cat!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, he has to stick with Seattle!

I'm trying to win here guys, don't be taking who I am taking!!

Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/60/files/2010/10/bears-bye.jpg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Broncos please!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

No problem.   Any post made before game time will be honored.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Smile

I should mention that anyone can send me a Private Msg if they don't want their pick revealed until KO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/60/files/2010/10/bears-bye.jpg

OK.  NORAD is picking up conflicting signals here.   BYE or Chicago?   Since you've already picked the Bears I'm putting you down for BYE.   Let me know if I'm mistaken.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

OK.  NORAD is picking up conflicting signals here.   BYE or Chicago?   Since you've already picked the Bears I'm putting you down for BYE.   Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Lol, it is conflicting. The Bears are on their bye week and yes I already picked them so BYE it is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

washington redskins please

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Give me the Chiefs.  LTP

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Smile

I should mention that anyone can send me a Private Msg if they don't want their pick revealed until KO.

I'm just messing around with freediro and jimmytantric.  I'm beating them anyway, LOL!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW nyjoseph, you are running this contest (thank you very much!) how the heck did you miss picking some games??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Saints

Sections
Shortcuts