Football Scoring Contest - Week 9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Football Scoring Contest - Week 9

Rules:

(1) Pick one NFL team each week
    (2) You can not pick the same team twice (similar to survivor/knockout)
    (3) You receive the number of points equal to what your team scored
    (4) Your selection must be logged before kickoff of the game you choose
    (5) The Regular Season winner is the person with the most points at the end of the 16-game season
     6) Every participant will select one BYE week.  You can choose any week you want.  You don't need to select that week in advance. If you fail to make a selection by Kickoff time and you have not used your BYE week, then you will automatically get a BYE for that week.
     7) Playoffs:  The top 12 participants by points at the end of the regular season will make the playoffs. Then, those 12 people will pick the one real playoff team whose playoff points they want.  The regular season winner picks first, the second place finisher picks second and so on. The 12th place finisher is stuck with the last team not chosen.  Regular season points do not count toward playoff totals. In case of a tie, the playoff champion will be the team that advances the furthest.
    8) Know the rules well so you can break them effectively.

Games for Week 9: (note there is a Thursday game this week - Bengals @ Dolphins)

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG9

Registered Players, Standings and Used Picks:  (be sure to check here for teams you have already used)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApTac4mgdC6ldHJMYUZ0eUdlbnA1b01DRHE1WEdROGc&usp=sharing

The Bengals, that's right, the Bengals offered the most points for the week (49).   Nobody had them, but AyyyBoston (45) did fine with the Broncos, and Iceman4 (44) was next best with the Packers.  Coolade2 is on top for the 2nd consecutive week.  The lead is slim (6 points), and only 11 points separate 1st and 5th place.  And let's be honest, everyone is nervous about nyjoseph, only 120 points off the pace.  Cyberknot is the leader of game players who have taken a BYE and is only 7 points off the overall lead.

Pic Winner for WeekTFB12 ends tcal2-'s reign.  Quality all the way.

Here are the top 12 right now (top 12 at the end of the season make the playoffs):

Player Name           Point Total
    coolade2           261
    56redsox           255
    Cyberknot          254
    PatsEng            254
    TFB12              250
    AyyyBoston         248
    NEGAME2            248
    PHILZONE686        241
    ghostofjri37       238
    LuvsThosePats      231
    Quagmire3          231
    jimmytantric       228

Top 12 who have used BYES

Cyberknot          254
    AyyyBoston         248
    jimmytantric       228
    freediro           223
    tcal2-             208
    digger0862         201
    thehub             185
    mrmojo1120         175
    aytee              160
    Muzwell            151
    nyjoseph           141
    PATSchampsSB       121

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Football Scoring Contest - Week 9

well who would have thought the Bengals would put up that many points against the mighty Jests defense.

BENGALS   for me I need a big push

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How in the heck can Cyberknot and Ayyyboston have that many points with using their bye?  They have to be cheating somehow!!

At least I knocked off tcal with the hot pic for the week and moved ahead of NEGAME in the standings!! Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

How in the heck can Cyberknot and Ayyyboston have that many points with using their bye?  They have to be cheating somehow!!

At least I knocked off tcal with the hot pic for the week and moved ahead of NEGAME in the standings!! Wink

Lol I had a couple really good weeks...picked Seattle and Denver when they both got 45 and picked Dallas when they dropped 48 on Denver. 

I'll post mine later...got to think about this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

speaking of pulling ahead--didn't you feel guilty about your week 8 win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

speaking of pulling ahead--didn't you feel guilty about your week 8 win.

[/QUOTE]

WHY?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'll take the Patriots this week please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

One last question NYJ - if 4 teams have a BYE for the playoffs how can their be 12 players since those 4 teams picked will not play the Wild Card week giving them no points? Wouldn't it have to be 8 players AFTER the WC weekend?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One last question NYJ - if 4 teams have a BYE for the playoffs how can their be 12 players since those 4 teams picked will not play the Wild Card week giving them no points? Wouldn't it have to be 8 players AFTER the WC weekend?

[/QUOTE]

No, 12 players.  Part of the challenge will be to decide whether it's best to pick a team with a first-round bye, getting no point in that round, or to take a team playing in the wild-card round.  Theoretically, the teams with first-round byes are "better" teams and more likely to win and advance.  On the other hand we've seen recently that the Giants and Ravens have played the wild-card round and gone all the way.

Let's say the Broncos get a first-round bye.  I'm pretty sure there will still be players who would want to take them even knowing that they'd get no points in the first round.

If you still have questions let me know.  I want to make sure everyone understands the rules completely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Carolina for me please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't even know who the QB is for the Vikings so ...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/23/c6/00/23c60072f24fbff17d0acac8fcee9cd9.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'M sure that I have no idea what you are speaking of....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'll take the Panthers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good one Cyberknot.

Chargers for me please.
    http://www.sandiegovips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/san-diego-chargers-cheerleader.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Cowboys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I'll take the Panthers this week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cool, cyberknot has a new puzzle to figure out, nice one!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gotta join in with taking the........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

Cool, cyberknot has a new puzzle to figure out, nice one!!

[/QUOTE]

Another splendid contribution!

I think I got it!    I don't want to spoil it for those that want to play along.  I'll give my guess tomorrow.   Here's a hint if you want it ...  I'm making it hard to read on purpose ...

team has never won a superbowl

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Cowboys

You picked the Cowboys week 6.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:

[QUOTE]Cowboys
    [/QUOTE]
    You picked the Cowboys week 6.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the extra set of eyes Digger!   Hope you see this in time freediro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Boys

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, 12 players.  Part of the challenge will be to decide whether it's best to pick a team with a first-round bye, getting no point in that round, or to take a team playing in the wild-card round.  Theoretically, the teams with first-round byes are "better" teams and more likely to win and advance.  On the other hand we've seen recently that the Giants and Ravens have played the wild-card round and gone all the way.

Let's say the Broncos get a first-round bye.  I'm pretty sure there will still be players who would want to take them even knowing that they'd get no points in the first round.

If you still have questions let me know.  I want to make sure everyone understands the rules completely.

[/QUOTE]

OK I get it -wow this makes it very interesting-IMO-lot's of stategy and Luck involved-wow - give up points the first week to stay around for awhile--so anyone picking a BYE team and  losing  in the secound round will be skrewed!  Awesome--thanks for the clarification-hope I make to the top 5?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I cant make my mind up between the Seahawks or Panthers? Tampa suks and has to fly cross country yet the Seahawks are without both Tackles the past two weeks? And Carolina plays horrible against Atlanta,(kind of a bragging rights thing they are so close), yet the Falcons are riddled with injuries--tough call? To be determined -- just not yet--mind games you say? let them begin--- this awesome contest could use it!

Sections
Shortcuts