1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Football Squares game

Hey everybody,

We're running our Football Squares game online again. This year, the prizes are stays at the Mount Washington Hotel and ski lift passes to Bretton Woods. About 3,000 people have signed up so far.

You pick one square, and it's good for three games: the divisional Pats v. Texans playoff, the AFC Conference Championship, and the Super Bowl.

You get different numbers for every quarter so that nobody is stuck with bad numbers for a whole game. We'll generate new numbers for each game.

Here's the link:

http://www.footballsquares.net/group/boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Football Squares game

Dottie

Why did you not announce who won last year as you promised?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie.  We've missed you.  Your thread had over 400 posts.   Bravo little puppy.  How have you been?  Where ever you've been did you find the ignore key and the ability for dummy's like me a simple way to post pics?   looks like 2013 might be a great forum year now your back!   Don't listen to the celts or Red Sox forum people we need you here more.  Nice seeing you again! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

dancer smiley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well Dottie that glitch was amazing.   We missed you    I hope you can talk to your friends and fix this.   Remember the technoweenies and human resources are gonna rule the world soon.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

So Dottie whatcha say thou pick a couple mods to police his place.  Not me though I'd ban too many. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

trying to get a squares game out here with some people.  We would only have 25 squares.  How do I do that?  Is it 0/9, 2/8, 3/6, 4/5 across?  Or do I group the numbers differently.

Thanks for any help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:

trying to get a squares game out here with some people.  We would only have 25 squares.  How do I do that?  Is it 0/9, 2/8, 3/6, 4/5 across?  Or do I group the numbers differently.

Thanks for any help.

Go 0-9 and everyone picks 4 squares.  You can have the same numbers for the whole game or re shuffle the numbers for every quarter like BDC does. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

got it thanks

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ok Dottie now the heat is off and a lot of pink hats will go away. Fix this thing please.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Talking to Dottie is like talking to a brick wall, one of the most useless and unhelpful 'moderators' of any newspaper website forum in the nation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Talking to Dottie is like talking to a brick wall, one of the most useless and unhelpful 'moderators' of any newspaper website forum in the nation.

wow.... is a zing in-order?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* golf clap *.  Fine job on the star Dottie.  Thank you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Also, if you notice, when you click on a message on someone's profile page, you get directed to the actual message now, not simply to the thread it is in. Slight improvement there

Still only have 25 messages listed in each profile though, so the utility of this returning feature is limited

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hey dottie.  I know it took a while but thanks for the features you resurrected. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Sorry I've been away guys -- my father is ill and we had to put him in a nursing home today. Age 95 and he's been able to be at home all this time.

Glad you like that we restored the last-read gold stars and the ignore feature. Right now one of our devs is working on restoring all of the WYSIWYG tools along the bottom of the comment box so that you can add images and emoticons, spell check, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Sorry I've been away guys -- my father is ill and we had to put him in a nursing home today. Age 95 and he's been able to be at home all this time.

Glad you like that we restored the last-read gold stars and the ignore feature. Right now one of our devs is working on restoring all of the WYSIWYG tools along the bottom of the comment box so that you can add images and emoticons, spell check, etc.

Good luck with your Dad. My dad is about in the same way. I'll tip one to your dad tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Best of Luck to you and your dad.  It's times like this when we are reminded of what is important in life.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Thanks, guys. It's been difficult.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dottie-The-Stalinist. Show Dottie-The-Stalinist's posts

i bet dog face dottie

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie I hoe you been up to see your dad frequent.   Are you done with upgrades here? Is the polling coming back?  Any other goodies in the plans you damn unveil to us?  Thanks hope your valentines goes well with you and your dad 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie   I hope your dad is wel and the family is coping as best as can be expected.  Being we're all full of suggestions, and from me their free, I'm going to give you one. 

Pick a handful of resident mods.  Some of the perpetual posters.  Not me.  This way this place can police itself.  That takes the political heat off you and gives you some go to people to solve issues with personality issues.  I did mention their free, didnt i ? This way you and yours can just keep on the functionality of the joint    Oh yeah buy oil futures now and sell just before Labor Day.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Being we're all full of suggestions, and from me their free, I'm going to give you one. 

Pick a handful of resident mods.  Some of the perpetual posters.  Not me.  This way this place can police itself.  That takes the political heat off you and gives you some go to people to solve issues with personality issues.  I did mention their free, didnt i ? This way you and yours can just keep on the functionality of the joint   

I nominate Muzzwell for the position

He seems like a wise, old head to me. He'd overlook most of the trash talk that goes on here and intervene only when absolutely necessary. Just like any good moderator

Who else is fit for the position of "resident mod"? Any volunteers?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie. How's about a hint.  Is jets a 4 letter word here now?  

Sections
Shortcuts