For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs

THAT was NOT the same Jets team we saw in the 45 - 3 blow-out, too.  It goes both ways.  This game was lost at the line.  Pats O-line couldn't keep the pressure off Brady and the Pats D-line couldn't do squat to Sanchez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Plain and simple. They didn't show up. That was the worst playoff game I've seen since, well last year when we didn't show up for the Ravens game. Watching all the other playoff games the teams were hungry. Flying around the field, making plays. All I saw was the Patsies moping around on offense and missing tackles on D (in the fourth quarter especially). No sense of urgency, no hurry up offense, no life, NO NOTHING! This was NOT the team we've been watching the last 10 weeks. I blame Belichick. He didn't have his team focused, disciplined or ready for this at all. Also it was very out of character to have Welker adding fuel to the rhetoric fire during the week. I feel bad for the poor fans who paid BIG MONEY to go see this game. I was almost one of them. It was almost like a typical Tyson fight on Pay Per View. I think those people deserve an explanation other than "They made more plays and scored more points....blah, blah, blah....." typical BB BS.....for which my tolerance is growing thin...... Could the game have been thrown? In my mind the Jets aren't that good. We proved that when we destroyed them during the season.
    Posted by ozfree79[/QUOTE]

Hey, we have an excellent young team going into next year with a ton of draft picks. We have a lot to look forward to. So we have to make a few tweaks. I don't consider this a trend in anyway, it's all part of the growing process.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

We looked like the team we were back in week 2. All those strides we made throughout the year were simply not there. It left me scratching my head. There is no excuse for it especially after a bye week and being at home.

We do have a lot to look forward to. Just expected MUCH MORE out of a team that was full tilt full time, until yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I was fuming all first half by REFUSING to run the ball...Pats were throwing with 5 wides on 2nd an 5s, even a 3rd and 2. All the while they were averaging 5 yards a carry, but yet their insistance on throwing the ball made me sick.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Plain and simple. They didn't show up. That was the worst playoff game I've seen since, well last year when we didn't show up for the Ravens game. Watching all the other playoff games the teams were hungry. Flying around the field, making plays. All I saw was the Patsies moping around on offense and missing tackles on D (in the fourth quarter especially). No sense of urgency, no hurry up offense, no life, NO NOTHING! This was NOT the team we've been watching the last 10 weeks. I blame Belichick. He didn't have his team focused, disciplined or ready for this at all. Also it was very out of character to have Welker adding fuel to the rhetoric fire during the week. I feel bad for the poor fans who paid BIG MONEY to go see this game. I was almost one of them. It was almost like a typical Tyson fight on Pay Per View. I think those people deserve an explanation other than "They made more plays and scored more points....blah, blah, blah....." typical BB BS.....for which my tolerance is growing thin...... Could the game have been thrown? In my mind the Jets aren't that good. We proved that when we destroyed them during the season.
    Posted by ozfree79[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time for you and all the other pink helmets to jump off of the bandwagon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Playoffs are SO different than the Regular Season! 

Whether it's asst. coaching - lack of talent - lack of desire - whatever - everyone needs to be on the same page and firing on ALL cylinders to Win Playoff games!

Remember when we did win - we had asst. Coaching / Talent / Desire - and we did fire on all cylinders! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Playoffs are SO different than the Regular Season!  Whether it's asst. coaching - lack of talent - lack of desire - whatever - everyone needs to be on the same page and firing on ALL cylinders to Win Playoff games! Remember when we did win - we had asst. Coaching / Talent / Desire - and we did fire on all cylinders! 
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]
    It seems like the Pats haven't been able to step up their level of play in the playoffs in recent years.  Belichick's mantra is "Do your job".  If they had just done their jobs and executed they may have won.   But, it seems as though their level of intensity and play drops in the playoffs when it should be the other way around.  Nothing wrong with showing a little emotion. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Let's face it, the defense showed it's true colors yesterday.  No pass rush at all.  No big stops when they needed one.  This was Mark Sanchez we were seeing not Joe Montana. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For 2nd straight season PATS didn't show up for the playoffs : It seems like the Pats haven't been able to step up their level of play in the playoffs in recent years.  Belichick's mantra is "Do your job".  If they had just done their jobs and executed they may have won.   But, it seems as though their level of intensity and play drops in the playoffs when it should be the other way around.  Nothing wrong with showing a little emotion. 
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Yup. Three plays were costly; the interceptipon took away at least three points.
    Crumpler's drop in the end zone cost four points and the Chung fumble put up seven the other way.

Add to that the maddening drive at the start of the fourth quarter. no sense of urgency. No hurry-up offense.

The Jets played a great game, but if the Pats had played their game, it would've been much closer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I used to think that sacks were over-rated but I have changed my opinion on that.  The thinking was that if you can "pressure"  the qb you can force him into bad throws which is true but if you can sack him or get some good licks on him it can take away his confidence.  Just like when a safety knocks the crap out of a receiver.  That receiver starts thinking next time he sees that safety in the area.  It works the same for a qb when he gets sacked or hit alot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

You can't live by the turnover in the playoffs. If you don't get any, guess what happens? I was saying all week, this very big "if" means they will lose. That was the easiest money I ever made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

[QUOTE]Playoffs are SO different than the Regular Season!  Whether it's asst. coaching - lack of talent - lack of desire - whatever - everyone needs to be on the same page and firing on ALL cylinders to Win Playoff games! Remember when we did win - we had asst. Coaching / Talent / Desire - and we did fire on all cylinders! 
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

Noise you couldn't have said it better. But who is responsible for this? The Coach. We proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that we had all those ingredients you speak of during the season. But yesterday we were a no show and had none of them and there is no reason for it. NONE.

If they had played their guts out for 60 minutes as a team and still lost I would recognize that and I would feel differently, but that was far from the case as I see it.

After investing hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on season games and merch all I ask as a fan is a performance worth cheering for and I ask it of them EVERY GAME! And I don't think that is too much to ask for. And I also think Tedy Bruschi would agree whole heartedly. FULL TILT FULL TIME!

Huge let down for no reason whatsoever.