For all the BB GM Haters.... check this out .... glad I am not a jets fan.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

For all the BB GM Haters.... check this out .... glad I am not a jets fan.....

This in the NY Post shows once again, BB may not be the HOF GM we would love to have (I personally think he is pretty good) but glad we are not the JETS, Once again.......

Somewhere between the predictable generalities and catch phrases like “sustainable success,” Jets general manager John Idzik insisted Thursday that everything was going according to plan.

Green-and-white Kool-Aid drinkers aside, nobody believed him.

The sentiment in NFL circles from executives and agents is that Idzik whiffed on free-agent targets after misreading the market. Idzik, the only one of seven general managers hired last year without an extensive player personnel background, has overanalyzed free agency, leaving a cavernous hole at the defensive position that Rex Ryan values most: cornerback.

“Do we feel like we missed opportunities?” Idzik said during a conference call. “No. No we don’t.”

The facts suggest otherwise.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-idzik-free-agency-flop-costs-jets-article-1.1728901#ixzz2wbZxXulp

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHAAAAA!

Sorry just can't stop laughing......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: For all the BB GM Haters.... check this out .... glad I am not a jets fan.....

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

This in the NY Post shows once again, BB may not be the HOF GM we would love to have (I personally think he is pretty good) but glad we are not the JETS, Once again.......

Somewhere between the predictable generalities and catch phrases like “sustainable success,” Jets general manager John Idzik insisted Thursday that everything was going according to plan.

The sentiment in NFL circles from executives and agents is that Idzik whiffed on free-agent targets after misreading the market. Idzik, the only one of seven general managers hired last year without an extensive player personnel background, has overanalyzed free agency, leaving a cavernous hole at the defensive position that Rex Ryan values most: cornerback.

“Do we feel like we missed opportunities?” Idzik said during a conference call. “No. No we don’t.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-idzik-free-agency-flop-costs-jets-article-1.1728901#ixzz2wbZxXulp

That's a great article and I got a few chuckles out of it and I liked these two comments among others.  LOL

"Ryan’s nose likely grew a few inches as he waxed poetic about the Jets’ Three Musketeers in the secondary: Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls."

"Ryan insisted that he was happy with that bunch. The only people happier: Every wide receiver in the NFL (and some in the upcoming draft)."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: For all the BB GM Haters.... check this out .... glad I am not a jets fan.....

I'm not one to kick someone when he's down but...

"His head coach has one year to make the playoffs or suffer the consequences. The fan base has only been waiting since the ’60s. No rush."

This quote should be enough to send any of the Jets trolls here packing.  BB isn't perfect, it hasn't alwyas been honey and roses in Foxboro, but it has to sting like a mofo for Jets fans to see NE do well under his leadership and think about what could have been.  Add insult to injury, Revis comes to NE  and those fans get to watch one of their all-time greats still in his prime play for their hated rival.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont understand the negativity towards Idzik, other than he is with the Jets and everything Jets is supposed to be ridiculed here

The Jets are clearly not a contender for the SB, so paying for Revis, Talib or even Cro makes no sense.

They need to play their young guys, use their 12 draft choices wisely, and use their cap space to fill in a strong middle class, until they are ready to contend

They should be looking to build on last years 8-8 season, with an eye towards making some real noise in 2 years.

Idzik is smart enough to realize a SB is not won in the first week of free agency, and he understands the Jets are a 4 year project just starting year 2.

Of course I prefer our coach and GM, but I have a lot of respect for Idzik for what he did in Seattle, and am nervous he will get it done in NY. Lets hope he is not the one laughing in 2 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Yes, a whole lot of respect for idiot patsie fans that base their idiotic opines on the NY Daily News.  I suppose the smart thing would be to veer of course of the young, compettion based team building through the draft and sign expensive aging FA that will need to be cut in a couple years creating big chunks of dead money.  

I just love that because BB has become desperate in 2014, fearing wasting another year of the rapidly declining TB and hasgone all in with Revis, needing to mortgage 2015 in order to fit him on the roster, that this is the new way to build a team.  What a tool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets, Dolphins and Bills are all playing for 2nd place anyway, the Pats already seem to be so far ahead of them at this point, probably more so then any other season in recent memory, and it's only March, lol!

The Jets seem to have a plan to bring Vick in and hope to have Jackson follow him there.  Take into consideration the Jets already added Decker,  I think if they do get Vick and Jackson they shoot ahead of the Bills and Dolphins immediately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont understand the negativity towards Idzik, other than he is with the Jets and everything Jets is supposed to be ridiculed here

The Jets are clearly not a contender for the SB, so paying for Revis, Talib or even Cro makes no sense.

They need to play their young guys, use their 12 draft choices wisely, and use their cap space to fill in a strong middle class, until they are ready to contend

They should be looking to build on last years 8-8 season, with an eye towards making some real noise in 2 years.

Idzik is smart enough to realize a SB is not won in the first week of free agency, and he understands the Jets are a 4 year project just starting year 2.

Of course I prefer our coach and GM, but I have a lot of respect for Idzik for what he did in Seattle, and am nervous he will get it done in NY. Lets hope he is not the one laughing in 2 years

I'm laughing more at the panic than I am at the GM.  And my low blow is aimed at the Jets guys who come here acting like their team is better than it is and that BB is the devil.  Most people realise the guy needs some time to put his stamp on the team.  But I'm sorry, it's comical to see these types of articles.  He doesn't want to retain Cromartie or find a decent corner to help his D but he'll willingly overpay Decker?  Sorry, that one makes no sense to me.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I'm laughing more at the panic than I am at the GM.  And my low blow is aimed at the Jets guys who come here acting like their team is better than it is and that BB is the devil.  Most people realise the guy needs some time to put his stamp on the team.  But I'm sorry, it's comical to see these types of articles.  He doesn't want to retain Cromartie or find a decent corner to help his D but he'll willingly overpay Decker?  Sorry, that one makes no sense to me.   

Willingly over pay Decker?  How about the Sanchize extension.  Lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

There are 20 million people in the metro NY C area that know the NY Jets SUCK...

Only NY Jet Trolls don't know it...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Seems to me if a GM doesnt want to retain his own player, he knows a lot more than anyone else about that player. I have been a Cro fan(on the field) but perhaps he is the one who really has the chronic hip issue, not Talib?

Over pay for Decker? I guess you could call his 2 year production the by product of Manning, but that didnt stop Gronk, Hern or Edelman from cashing in from a similar situation with TB? I would think if Decker was paid Wallace or Harvin money, that would be overpay. But Decker surely wont see the last 2 years of his deal, so he is going to get 3/$18. Is that over pay for Decker?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB isn't a terrible GM, he's a mediocre GM. Nice to see he and Kraft have finally realized that by bringing in Lombardi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Like I said:

By their posts yee shall know them!

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

There are 20 million people in the metro NY C area that know the NY Jets SUCK...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Like I said:

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

settle down Mel. talk football or walk away. your better than this, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Sorry..... The JESTS! are now entering the 45th year of a 3 year rebuilding program. Should they ever get back to and win a SB in my lifetime (I'm 56), I guarandamntee you that JESTS! trools worldwide will come our from under their basement stairs, bridges, and garbage can lids to proudly proclaim: SEE? I TOLD YOU SO!! We say this dynamic with the Saints, Bucs, and Seahawks fans, and even the Gomerites.

It's so much fun to poke the JESTS! with a stick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Yes, a whole lot of respect for idiot patsie fans that base their idiotic opines on the NY Daily News.  I suppose the smart thing would be to veer of course of the young, compettion based team building through the draft and sign expensive aging FA that will need to be cut in a couple years creating big chunks of dead money.  

I just love that because BB has become desperate in 2014, fearing wasting another year of the rapidly declining TB and hasgone all in with Revis, needing to mortgage 2015 in order to fit him on the roster, that this is the new way to build a team.  What a tool.

DARN! I hate it when you're right!

I wish the Patriots would follow a more successful operational model..... like those wild and whacky JESTS! have.

What was I ever thinking?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Sorry..... The JESTS! are now entering the 45th year of a 3 year rebuilding program. Should they ever get back to and win a SB in my lifetime (I'm 56), I guarandamntee you that JESTS! trools worldwide will come our from under their basement stairs, bridges, and garbage can lids to proudly proclaim: SEE? I TOLD YOU SO!! We say this dynamic with the Saints, Bucs, and Seahawks fans, and even the Gomerites.

It's so much fun to poke the JESTS! with a stick.

I agree with you. but isnt the Daily Snooze poking a stick at something the GM is doing the right way? At least poke a stick and have some fun at their expense for the dumb things they do, not the smart things

Not sign Revis=smart. not sign Cro=smart. sign Decker=smart.

Of course every decision wont work out...never does. but wouldnt it have been dumb for the Jets to sign Cro or Revis? DOnt they have to find out if Geno can play or not, and part of that finding out is ya know, giving him a WR or 3?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

OMAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Like I said:

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Jets are in great shape...in their front 7 on D...everywhere else they have serious trouble....especially in the D backfield...Rex's attempted sale job yesterday was just that, akin to Sec. Sibelius trying to tell everyone the ACA website just had a few glitches....right now everyone will pass on them early and often...doesn't matter who...and in terms of Decker, he's in NYC because of $$$ and because his wifey wants the NYC stage for their "careers" given their A&E reality series...

Showbiz...you gotta love it...the Jets would have been far better off signing a WR whose primary concern was only football...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Like I said:

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Jets are in great shape...in their front 7 on D...everywhere else they have serious trouble....especially in the D backfield...Rex's attempted sale job yesterday was just that, akin to Sec. Sibelius trying to tell everyone the ACA website just had a few glitches....right now everyone will pass on them early and often...doesn't matter who...and in terms of Decker, he's in NYC because of $$$ and because his wifey wants the NYC stage for their "careers" given their A&E reality series...

Showbiz...you gotta love it...the Jets would have been far better off signing a WR whose primary concern was only football...

there ya go, thats the Mel that can live here. You dont need the insults, pictures and name calling simply because some one has an opinion of the hated Green Gang 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Like I said:

The NY Jets?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

there ya go, thats the Mel that can live here. You dont need the insults, pictures and name calling simply because some one has an opinion of the hated Green Gang 

You think the Jets cut old buddy Sanchez before the 25th?

That kid had talent...still might...he got the snot knocked out of him by that hideously bad O line they put in front of him the past few years....I actually wouldn't mind seeing him HERE, getting healthy and not under any kind of pressure, learning from TB and the staff, getting him ready for "the transition"....and he'd come cheap...unless he goes to a team with a good line and weapons he's going to end up on the QB junk pile...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

BB is "desperate" every year to win a SB and he pushes himself to perform. One reason they go far every year.

You should have it so good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I dont want the Jets to do any better than 7 to 9 wins but the BS about FA is just that.

The Jets have a sound front on D. THey could use some improvements there but they are sound. THey have a talented CB in Milliner even if he had a slow start (and that is based ONLY on impatient fans, not reality). If they use their highest pick on a guy who turns out to be a solid CB they will improve long term even if they have to live through a rookie learning curve. BUt that is how you build through the draft.

So while I do not wish them success do not assume they will choke in the draft. I hope they do but you cannot count on it. Certainly not yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Understood... but the circus in NY continues... If they really bring in Vick they have a controversy from day 1.... he wants Geno's number 7, per a few sources....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/21/report-vick-wants-no-7-in-new-york/

QB was a joke last year and will suffer again this year by bring Vick in.... So them building through the draft is possible but seems like they can't figure out the QB position, almost as funny as BB drafting Cornerbacks.... but even more key to winning....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Understood... but the circus in NY continues... If they really bring in Vick they have a controversy from day 1.... he wants Geno's number 7, per a few sources....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/21/report-vick-wants-no-7-in-new-york/

QB was a joke last year and will suffer again this year by bring Vick in.... So them building through the draft is possible but seems like they can't figure out the QB position, almost as funny as BB drafting Cornerbacks.... but even more key to winning....

Yes, "the circus".  Becasue a player that is not on the team wants a number he's had.  By a joke, do you mean a rookie QB starting 16 games with very little receiver talent around him but somehow won 8 games? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

BB is "desperate" every year to win a SB and he pushes himself to perform. One reason they go far every year.

You should have it so good.

pushes himself or pushes half the money from a one year deal into the future because of cap hell?

Sections
Shortcuts