For all the Peter King haters out there......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

For all the Peter King haters out there......

Here is a piece from todays MMQB...

Quote of the Week III

"I ain't never said it, but Belichick, I felt like he had a thing for me. He had something against me. I have no idea why ... I know in my heart ain't nobody out there doing what I'm doing.''
    -- Philadelphia cornerback Asante Samuel to Geoff Mosher of the Wilmington News Journal, referring to a lack of respect he felt came from Bill Belichick when he played for the Patriots.

That's absurd. Belichick simply didn't value a corner who didn't tackle well as being a $9-million-a-year player. Smart move on his part.

Samuel's a very good player, but he isn't near what all-around corner Darrelle Revis or Nnamdi Asomugha are, and his awful fourth quarter against the Giants helped cost the Patriots what would have been a Super Bowl title. Teams throw at Samuel far more than they throw at Revis or Asomugha.

A fair assessment, if you ask me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: For all the Peter King haters out there......

I'm not a Peter King hater but he was really quick to jump onto the Spygate bandwagon and I don't think the Patriots appreciated that. As a result, all of his Patriots "reporting" is guesswork almost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Samuel is in a dog fight for a starting spot with no other then who?  Ellis Hobbs, imagine that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Peter King haters out there......:
    [QUOTE]Samuel is in a dog fight for a starting spot with no other then who?  Ellis Hobbs, imagine that.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I hate Peter King. Thanks for the Post!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't 'hate' Peter King but I think some of his work is suspect from an objectivity standpoint and on occasion I find his research to be somewhat lacking.  His spygate obsession, for example, was off the charts. 

The Asante Samuel piece was a softball from any perspective.  Samuel led with his chin and was inviting anyone and everyone with 1/2 a brain to criticize.

PK still has a ways to go yet in my judgment.

My 2 cents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: For all the Peter King haters out there......:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. It's not hard to laugh at Samuel here and defend BB. This doesn't King out of the Pats doghouse, in my opinion.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Basically what I was going to say. Bump that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What Samuels had to say is very comical.  Going back in time he was the one who was demanding the high salary that made himself over valued. 

As for King he has gotten very sloppy.  No research and you can tell because there is no new information.  He takes a part from here and a part from there and makes a story out of it.  It comes out more of an opinion than a report of news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Asante was lucky to be drafted in the 4th round by the Patriots. 

He was not a top CB coming out of college.

He should thank BB for the opportunity and the eventual $$$ he made.

Sections
Shortcuts