For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB?

In Response to For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB?:
    [QUOTE]Brady versus the Jets: 29/45 - 299 yards - 2 TDs/1 INT  89.0 rating Rodgers versus the Bears: 17/30 - 244 yards - 0 TDs/2 INTs  55.4 rating So, of these two lines, whose team would you have thought won the game?  Green Bay? The difference is the DEFENSE.  Green Bay's defense did what the Pats couldn't, that is stop a 2nd year QB from leading a Jets offense, which most times couldn't break through a paper bag this season, to score 28 points in that loss.  So, let's start getting mad at the D for not stepping up and quit pointing the finger at Brady.  I know it has been chatted to death this last week, but, Brady did not drop passes and failed to defend the Jets receivers.  The Pats offense, with Brady at the helm, is not the team's problem.  Let's get some game stoppers on that squad and some "nastiness".  We just saw proof that a good D wins ballgames when your offense sputters.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

don't have to convince me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

yeah gb  defense did good and raji  saved it from going in too ot.yes  I agree 100 percent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bears defense pretty much shut down Rodgers.

But actually the coaching staff squandered the Patriots offensive opportunities in the seconf half. not using no huddle and running the ball with poor clock management

The Patriots defense needs help but they aren't the whole reason the Patriots lost.

don't forget special teams, and Brady's INT didn't help when we they were  driving for points 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Good points but Brady still didn't play a good game and he has stepped up in the past under similar circumstances. He just didn't do it last week. It's not fully his fault we lost but the guy didn't play the way he has in other games against defenses that were just as good as the Jets. I've called out Manning and other good QB's for the same reason so I see no reason for Brady to be immune.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB?:
    [QUOTE]Good points but Brady still didn't play a good game.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

they shut down him down by flooding the zones

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB? : they shut down him down by flooding the zones
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

He still made a lot of bad passes because he was flustered. Sometimes rushing passes when he didn't need to and sometimes just missing open guys. He's the Guy making 18 mil a year and he's the guy touching the ball and controling the game on every offensive snap. He has to step up.
    I've already been through this with Bill last week because of a thread I started and I know 95 % of Pats fans won't agree but I can't just say it's not Brady's fault at all when he deserves his piece of the Blame pie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB? : He still made a lot of bad passes because he was flustered. Sometimes rushing passes when he didn't need to and sometimes just missing open guys. He's the Guy making 18 mil a year and he's the guy touching the ball and controling the game on every offensive snap. He has to step up. I've already been through this with Bill last week because of a thread I started and I know 95 % of Pats fans won't agree but I can't just say it's not Brady's fault at all when he deserves his piece of the Blame pie.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]
    But, Rerun...  recall our points about Brady not taking advantage of an open field in front of him to run for a few yards instead of passing.  Could that right foot not given him the run ability to make cuts?  Who knows, now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Defense bailed Greenbay out today. Pats D needs to be able to do this sometimes as Brady can't win all the games on his own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all you Brady "blamers" out there... did you watch GB? : But, Rerun...  recall our points about Brady not taking advantage of an open field in front of him to run for a few yards instead of passing.  Could that right foot not given him the run ability to make cuts?  Who knows, now.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

That's very possible and  who knew at the time. The only reason I hate to use the foot is because he injured it Back at the end of OCT and had played quite a few excellent games since. I also noticed, after watching the replay, a few plays where TE's or WR's were supposed to adjust to a blitz and cut their route off but didn't do it. I definitely don't blame Brady for those plays either. All in All looking back I'm actually quite happy with what we did this year and quite optimistic about next year. I'll be shocked if we're not highly motivated and kickin' butt next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Defense bailed Greenbay out today. Pats D needs to be able to do this sometimes as Brady can't win all the games on his own.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

Amen. We made great strides this year and I think we'll make more next year, and we'll be getting a couple of healthy bodies back that we really need.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

great thread. i said same thing as well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

I agree that there were plenty of problems other than Brady with that game.  What I put at Brady's feet (no pun intended) is, most importantly,  the interception on the 1st drive which was a completely unforced error and many say shifted the pyschology of the game.  The other thing was his moping around and not being fired up - just compare his demeanor in this game vs the Pitt game or other games and you would have thought this was an exhibition game for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great thread, I was going to start the same type of thing. Does this mean that Rodgers stinks now? Just like Brady, had to play against a good defense, in the playoffs, outside in the freezing cold...it's called playoff football folks. You need to bring a defense to the party...been saying it since August two years ago:( 

Sections
Shortcuts