For all you draft junkies..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

There has been alot of discussion of the upcoming draft so I thought that for those who are draft nuts this would be an interesting article.

SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY”

Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith’s campus workout today in front ofNFL scouts was a “disaster,” according to Tony Pauline of SI.com.

Quoting an unnamed scout, Pauline writes that Smith’s lack of preparation was obvious as he was overweight. One scout called the performance, “one of the worst workouts I’ve ever seen.”

Another AFC East scout told Pauline: “He lost millions today.”

As a league source told us earlier today, Smith ran with his shirt off.

According to Pauline, comments were made about “the flab and the rolls on his body” during Smith’s 40-yard dashes as he posted times between 5.21 and 5.29 seconds.

Per the article, several scouts weren’t happy to travel a long way only to witness a bad workout. And Smith’s trainers were not pleased, either.

UPDATE: NFL.com has reported additional details on the workout, noting that Smith was 6-4 1/4, 325 pounds with 40-yard dash times of 5.28 and 5.33 seconds.

He turned in a 25-inch vertical leap, a 7-10 broad jump, a 7.88 time in the three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds for 19 repetitions.

AddThis

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Any chance he falls to the Pats?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I'm no draft guru so are you guys sure you want a guy who shows up out of shape for his pro day? This should be the most important day in this guys life and he obviously blew it off...I don't know he doesn't sound like Patriot material to me.. but I don't follow college ball so don't listen to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

The Pats love big fat blobs. Two Ton Ted was near 400 pounds. Vince Wilfork pushes 350 and he's an inch shorter than this lardball. Neither nose tackle has ever been asked to play wideout or cornerback.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I liked Smith before his melt down, but you can't teach desire where there is none. I no longer hope we draft him, even if I am all for a OLT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no i don't want him cause if he isn't prepared for his workout how do we expect him to be prepared for a game? he is lazy and overweight. he leaves events for no real reason. deffiniately not patriots material. maybe i would take a risk on him if he falls to the chargers 2nd round pick we have but not at 23 or 34. I know BB is a miracle worker and can whip people into shape but we need guys who are self motivated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Paulk3, fat blobs are great at the nose, not so much at OT. I would hate to see Smith against the speed rushers of the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Andre Smith runs the 40 at Wednesday's Pro Day in Tuscaloosa (CBS 42 )
    Andre Smith runs the 40 at Wednesday's Pro Day in Tuscaloosa (CBS 42 )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

The worst part was smith actually thought he did well. This guy is a huge risk (no pun intended). Do you guys really want him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Pats won't touch the guy because he shows a lack of work ethic and laziness. His pro day shows an overwhelming inability to prepare. He'll eat himself out of the league like Refrigerator Perry did.

Biggest set of man boobs have ever seen on a football player. Just ugly. I can't figure out why he took his shirt off. The guys IQ has got to be questioned.

There will be a team out there who will not be able to resist. Smith has great feet and position technique. This is what scouts have been drooling over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

I hope the Jets draft him, but they will only do that if they think the Pats are interested so.... start spreading the word!!!

My goodness, the Jets are truely pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

He definitely doesn't seem to have the Patriots work ethic! I'd say he'd be too much of a risk even in the second. Man, his boobs are bigger than Leon's mom's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Even though I know LTs make the most money on the O Line. Smith could do himself a big favor if he stated that he'd be willing to play guard. He could be a mauler from there and not get owned by pass rushers he'd face at LT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

makes you wonder if any... if so how many guys have maybe not performed there best in workouts to fall to a better team

then again.... smith did just lose ALOT of money

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

why would any of you want this lazy kid to fall to the Pats? He couldnt handle the Pats and would end up a giant bust.

I did hear that although he looked bad in the drills like the 40 and the broad jump he didnt look AS bad in his football drills. But i still wouldnt want him on the pats and i have wanted us to draft an elite OT from the get go but not this guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawstSoul. Show LawstSoul's posts

From PFT"

Said one veteran scout, “I just looked up the Combine 40 [times] for [tackles] and Smith ran equal to or faster than most. Yup, he had a poor workout. An out-of-shape fat guy ran better than most of the guy who were supposed to be in shape.”

It could be that Smith’s biggest mistake on Wednesday was to shed the modesity and run without a shirt. (CBS42 has the video. And, yes, there is considerable jiggling.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

if he falls to us i would gladly take a guy who was projected as a top 3 pick!

he could be a low risk high reward pick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Or he could be a total waste of a pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: For all you draft junkies..

[QUOTE]There has been alot of discussion of the upcoming draft so I thought that for those who are draft nuts this would be an interesting article. SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY” Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 4:25 p.m. EDT Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith’s campus workout today in front of NFL scouts was a “disaster,” according to Tony Pauline of SI.com. Quoting an unnamed scout, Pauline writes that Smith’s lack of preparation was obvious as he was overweight. One scout called the performance, “one of the worst workouts I’ve ever seen.” Another AFC East scout told Pauline: “He lost millions today.” As a league source told us earlier today, Smith ran with his shirt off. According to Pauline, comments were made about “the flab and the rolls on his body” during Smith’s 40-yard dashes as he posted times between 5.21 and 5.29 seconds. Per the article, several scouts weren’t happy to travel a long way only to witness a bad workout. And Smith’s trainers were not pleased, either. UPDATE: NFL.com has reported additional details on the workout, noting that Smith was 6-4 1/4, 325 pounds with 40-yard dash times of 5.28 and 5.33 seconds. He turned in a 25-inch vertical leap, a 7-10 broad jump, a 7.88 time in the three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds for 19 repetitions.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/04/patriots_to_wor.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: For all you draft junkies..

Jamie Duke last night mocked him as the second OT taken in the draft.  I think Duke has lost it, has he not watch seen the same things everyone else has?  This guy is the best tackle but the worst attitude problem of all the tackles.  He might not fall our of the first round but will fall into the 20s.

Sections
Shortcuts