For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's funny watching you try to defend WW when he is the Peyton Manning of receivers. You can nitpick all you want but Gronk is the better, more versatile and more reliable receiver of the two. Had Welker been here they still lose all those games, they just probably thank Wes for dropping the pass that would have wone the game for them.

You really don't know what the Pats are all about, do you?

[/QUOTE]

They went a combined 2 for 24 on 3rd downs in two of those loses. You don't think the guy who converted more 3rd downs then any other pass catcher during his time here might have changed that? Really? They lost by 1 score in all 3 occassions and a couple extra 3rd down conversions could have easily meant the difference in the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's funny watching you try to defend WW when he is the Peyton Manning of receivers. You can nitpick all you want but Gronk is the better, more versatile and more reliable receiver of the two. Had Welker been here they still lose all those games, they just probably thank Wes for dropping the pass that would have wone the game for them.

[/QUOTE]

They went a combined 2 for 24 on 3rd downs in two of those loses. You don't think the guy who converted more 3rd downs then any other pass catcher during his time here might have changed that? Really? They lost by 1 score in all 3 occassions and a couple extra 3rd down conversions could have easily meant the difference in the game.

[/QUOTE]

Good post. Those are the facts. 

PI haved moved on from welker. What worries me is amendola. He doesn't seem to be making the impact I had at least envisioned and he is getting paid big bucks. what is the issue with him from your perspective? Is it still injuries that are hampering him or has he lost favor with tb? I don't get it frankly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post. Those are the facts. 

PI haved moved on from welker. What worries me is amendola. He doesn't seem to be making the impact I had at least envisioned and he is getting paid big bucks. what is the issue with him from your perspective? Is it still injuries that are hampering him or has he lost favor with tb? I don't get it frankly.

[/QUOTE]

Inconsistency. He doesn't appear to be on the same wavelength as Brady and doesn't create the seperation in short bursts that we are use to seeing from the guy he replaced. That it takes him longer to get open combined with the OL giving Brady random amounts of pocket time from game to game means he gets less looks from time to time. He's still a good WR and I do think he is still having groin issues (effecting his cutting ability) but I think it boils down to he isn't the WR we thought he was coming in. He has moments and flashes but to me what is most concerning is the amount of times this year we've seen the ball hit his hands and he hasn't came up with the rec. It was warned that coming from the Rams he was use to slower balls and being given more sepeartion from opposing teams to make those catches. Now in tighter situations and more zip on the ball his hands are not nearly as advertised coming in. Honestly at this point he looks like a good #2/3 slot receiver type moving forward but that he can't break out and is losing reps to players such as Edelman, Thompkins, and Dobson should be a bit concerning. Given his contract I don't expect him to be released next year, like Lloyd was, but if he doesn't start having more consistency in the realm of 4-8 recs 50-100yrds a game type numbers game in and game out I don't see them keeping him past 14' 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

1) The Pats were squeezed on having to sign JA or be faced with not haveing a Slot reciever - per Reiss

2) We almost didn't hae JE - to me that would have been a big screw up - and thought so at the time

3) WW was a warrior here- but he did have a few big drops. And he did again Sunday nite

4) As we all know BB's game plan is week to week, team by team. I never thought JA was going to have WW numbers here- Each week everything gets changed so no team can easily game plan against them - Like, why no Dobby but we got KT ?

5) All of the recievers are versatile - and theynall line up in different places and run different routes . I am just not concernedabout who gets how many reptions or how many yards. And We seem to be running more too? So when the team is scoring around 30 pts - it just doesnt matter indivdual statistics - and tht goes for how many TCs TB has

Right now i am thrilled with where our offense is and is going-  A little concerned over Ridley and the health of our O line. Wendell has played better - or the blocking schemes have been worked out for him a little better.

I am not happy to see WW gone, but I am not that sad either. And as i have alwayssaid, its better to get rid o a player a year early than a year late- There are enough weapons for TB.  The D is sticking in there with all of the injuries. I hear about the rund D - but thye didnt give up anything in the Carolina game except for Cam. The pats have played a lot of very very good front sevens - they have played a lot of close games. Thye are certainly looking better and better and WW is not going to be missed "now"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I get the concerns that people have about Amendola and agree that, thus far, he's not been as consistent as everyone would like him to be.  The rap on him coming in was the 'injury-prone' thing and the groin issue would appear to be an example. (I gotta give him a pass on the concussion - that was a he11 of a shot that he took).  I don't consider the Buffalo and Pittsburgh games examples of what he can do on a game in, game out basis, but they are examples of what he can do on the field.  I'd like to see where he is at the end of the year.  Here's what he's done thus far:  http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

DID YOU KNOW?......Wessie Welkie has scored just ONE TD over the last 5 games and ZERO in the last 3. He may have started strong, but as we've seen so clearly over ther years, and certainly last Sunday night, IT's NEVER GOOD TO LOOK GOOD EARLY! As the games become more important, Wessie has been become less of a factor. Those who said Wessie would be lighting up the scoreboard in Denver obviously didn't take into consideration that the guy is that much older and that much more unreliable. He didnt help his cause against our boys. As it stands now, I'd take who we have on our team catching the ball over a choker all day long. IN BILL I TRUST. Great call Bill!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ah, in case you didn't know, Edelman played QB this year. So in answer to your question when was the last time he played QB, that would be within the last two months!

Yes, I rememeber .....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post PatsEng. 

It's interesting to see how many fans here are either uneducated about the game or just too ignorant to see the facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO...now we're REALLY reaching....WW is a swivel headed little man and he should be....he takes some hellacious shots, it's because he runs over the middle...but he's become gunshy....the idea of him being called a choke has invaded his brain matter...so he's actually becoming a prime time choker....

[/QUOTE]

1 TD last 5-games, 0-TDs in last 3 with an epic choke last game. Wessie is fading faster by the game!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well its a good thing the pats kept edelman, he made wes and amendola look like scrubs last night in a pretty big game.

wes will have plenty more chances to prove that he is a clutch player, but so far it doesnt seem that he has been up to it when the lights are the brightest. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO...now we're REALLY reaching....WW is a swivel headed little man and he should be....he takes some hellacious shots, it's because he runs over the middle...but he's become gunshy....the idea of him being called a choke has invaded his brain matter...so he's actually becoming a prime time choker....

1 TD last 5-games, 0-TDs in last 3 with an epic choke last game. Wessie is fading faster by the game!

[/QUOTE]

When it counts most, it's time for him to become undone...and it's on him...he's back to dropping open passes late in games when it counts...BB had had enough...Ridley should take notes...players who BB lets go rarely do well after they leave..WW has done well so far, but we'll see how clutch he is when it counts...

[/QUOTE]

And with every game that passes Wes becomes older with more mileage and bumps and bruises. Had to let him go when Bill did. Thank God denial has never been a part of BB's decision making. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well its a good thing the pats kept edelman, he made wes and amendola look like scrubs last night in a pretty big game.

wes will have plenty more chances to prove that he is a clutch player, but so far it doesnt seem that he has been up to it when the lights are the brightest. 

[/QUOTE]

Poor Amendola.  This guy was brought in here to take Welkers spot and he can't even fill Edelmans old spot.

Funny to watch all these people.. Rusty, RallyC and several others who has been on here the past few months telling everyone who would listen that Amendola was going to be so much better for this team then Welker ever was and now they are hoping we all forget that as they start their push for Edelman.  Hey guys, please defend all you Amendola love over the past few months.  What happened?  Why were you guys so wrong about this?  Hahahah! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When it counts most, it's time for him to become undone...and it's on him...he's back to dropping open passes late in games when it counts...BB had had enough...Ridley should take notes...players who BB lets go rarely do well after they leave..WW has done well so far, but we'll see how clutch he is when it counts...

[/QUOTE]

And with every game that passes Wes becomes older with more mileage and bumps and bruises. Had to let him go when Bill did. Thank God denial has never been a part of BB's decision making. 

[/QUOTE]

Ummm prior to last week, Edelman has no TD's in the prior 9 games and never a TD in a loss.

Amandola has 1 td in the only 5 games he's played and is ranked 76th amongst receivers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Those who tout Edelman as being equal to WW are just as wrong as those who deny WW choked at the worst possible times. There is no debating these truths.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Those who tout Edelman as being equal to WW are just as wrong as those who deny WW choked at the worst possible times. There is no debating these truths.

agreed, until you apply big play pressure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You keep on saying Edelmans more clutch, please tell us which big games Edelman has played in that he was clutch. If you sight this weeks past game I can cite plenty of regular season big games against top end performances that Welker dominated, so please cite a game which Edelman had in a bigger pressure game that Welker didn't. Any AFCC games come to mind, or how many catches in the SB did Edelman make that Welker would have dropped. Please provide precidence to your claim. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You keep on saying Edelmans more clutch, please tell us which big games Edelman has played in that he was clutch. If you sight this weeks past game I can cite plenty of regular season big games against top end performances that Welker dominated, so please cite a game which Edelman had in a bigger pressure game that Welker didn't. Any AFCC games come to mind, or how many catches in the SB did Edelman make that Welker would have dropped. Please provide precidence to your claim. 

Eng, save us both time. How long has it been since Wes last failed in big play pressure situation? Same for Edleman? What have you done lately is all that really matters......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He can't. RallyC is a fraud and to see the stuff he posts on here is just a big red flag.  Edelman has yet to play an entire season and he is already clutch?  My gosh, to use a phrase from my childhood... when passing out brains RallyC thought they said trains and so he went and got two sets. Hahaha!  To think this guy played football before is alarming. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

ENG, the scenario was Sunday Night Football, down 24-0 to the "BEST team in the NFL", to Payton Manning our arch nemesis who had never lost a lead of 22+ for 50-plus games. EVERY play JE made in the 2nd Half was clutch. If he fails on any of them, our chances decrease dramatically. That game was huge pressure under the circumstances as the kid stepped up with 100+ and 2 TDs and great job on punt returns! Call it regular season if you want, it was a much bigger stage and game than that. Don't lie to yourself about these facts. This game was huge for both teams and the entire NFL. JE stepped up and was critical to the completion of the GREATEST COMEBACK IN PATS HISTORY when needed under all of the extra pressure and Wessie simply failed. Talk about just this game and stop living in the past, because Wessie had a very suspect past with the PATS also and is now building the same with the Donkies!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Eng, save us both time. How long has it been since Wes last failed in big play pressure situation? Same for Edleman? What have you done lately is all that really matters......

[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then why bring up rings at all? Did any Pats players win a ring recently? So wouldn't they all not be clutch since known of them have made a championship clinching play? Not to mention you still haven't addressed that when Welker didn't make the catch they still had the lead. So why aren't you getting on any of the D players since they were the ones who blew the lead with 3mins left

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

If that's the case then why bring up rings at all? Did any Pats players win a ring recently? So wouldn't they all not be clutch since known of them have made a championship clinching play? Not to mention you still haven't addressed that when Welker didn't make the catch they still had the lead. So why aren't you getting on any of the D players since they were the ones who blew the lead with 3mins left

Eng, This is about Wessie Welker and nobody else. This isn't about why the PATS lost games with Wes. Its about Wessi circa 2013 with the Broncos agains the PATS. We all saw that Wes failed as a PAT at the worst possible times. He was allowed to walk because of his inability to close the big play when we needed him to most. And, that Wessie proved Bill made the right move by letting him go by his performace on Sunday night. He is a Brancos problem now. He showed that Sunday. GO PATS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Eng, I am simply stating that Wes failed as a PAT at the worst times, was allowed to walk because of his inability to close when needed most, and that he proved Bill made the right move on Sunday night. Can't argue any of that.

[/QUOTE]

Yet, Brady also threw a number of incomplets in the last drive of the game, Wilfork didn't get enough pressure up the middle, a lot of the D players are still on the team who missed coverage that allowed the game winning score (Arrington comes to mind) and none of them closed either so why are they still on the team? You are picking out a single play by a single player and ignoring that it was infact a single play and other plays were made directly behind it. Specifically Branch dropped a pass immediately after that play and the D failed to even get the Giants in a single 3rd down situation on that last drive. Blaming 1 player for 1 play when they had the lead is just foolish. You might as well blame BJGE for losing a yrd on the 1st play and not making the next one easier. You just want a scape goat and that Welker left makes him an easy one for you

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Eng, I am simply stating that Wes failed as a PAT at the worst times, was allowed to walk because of his inability to close when needed most, and that he proved Bill made the right move on Sunday night. Can't argue any of that.

Yet, Brady also threw a number of incomplets in the last drive of the game, Wilfork didn't get enough pressure up the middle, a lot of the D players are still on the team who missed coverage that allowed the game winning score (Arrington comes to mind) and none of them closed either so why are they still on the team? You are picking out a single play by a single player and ignoring that it was infact a single play and other plays were made directly behind it. Specifically Branch dropped a pass immediately after that play and the D failed to even get the Giants in a single 3rd down situation on that last drive. Blaming 1 player for 1 play when they had the lead is just foolish. You might as well blame BJGE for losing a yrd on the 1st play and not making the next one easier. You just want a scape goat and that Welker left makes him an easy one for you

Dude, the greatest players make great plays when they matter most! Wessie had his chances and he failed at the most critical times regardless of what anybody else did. Why can't you see that? Wes could have been THE DIFFERENCE MAKER and shrunk in the moment. It doesn't matter what else happened or what anybody else did. True champions make the plays that he could have made. Sure others failed too, but Wes is who we are speaking about right now. Defend what Welkie did on Sunday. Go ahead, try..........its called choking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we should stop dumping on Wes and give some credit to Arrington who has been dumped on a lot on these boards.  He was all over Wes last night. 

[/QUOTE]

As usual Bill knew Wes and had a great plan to stop him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Dude, the greatest players make great plays when they matter most! Wessie had his chances and he failed at the most critical times regardless of what anybody else did. Why can't you see that? Wes could have been THE DIFFERENCE MAKER and shrunk in the moment. It doesn't matter what else happened or what anybody else did. True champions make the plays that he could have made. Sure others failed too, but Wes is who we are speaking about right now. Defend what Welkie did on Sunday. Go ahead, try..........its called choking.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so Wes was the only great player on the team then? I see, so no other player was a difference maker who didn't make a play after Welkers drop? BTW your childish name calling of a player makes you sound like a 15 yr who's GF broke up with them. Try to keep a more mature discussion here. As name calling is a sign of a weak argument. It was a team failure all around. If it was the last play of the game and they needed his catch to win the game I'd agree with you but they still had the lead after that play and still had chances at other plays to make. Not to mention in both games Welker lead the WRs in rec's. He showed up for that game more than any other WR on the team. If he wasn't in that game they wouldn't have been in the position to have a chance to win with 3mins left to begin with. Jeez, if Papi drove in 2 runs in early innings but failed to hit a homerun in the 8th with a lead and they end up losing because the closer blew the lead would you blame Papi for the lose?

Sections
Shortcuts