For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

Unfortunatly when the game was on the line, Wes transformed into.....

http://brandextenders.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/deer-in-headlights.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Wes was and is a good player. We know what he did in the pats system. He produced. He might have failed at big times, but applying and using him like a numb er 1 WR was plain wrong. Love Brady but he locked on to wes too much. I hate to agree with russ here, but divorcing Brady and Wes in the long run is a good thing if it makes Brady survey the field. Over the last few games, with healthy parts in place, it has done just that.

the problem I had, I guess it would still apply now if Wes was still here, is not with wes, but the fact that bb made him our premier receiver. He should have never been our primary threat, and adding his skillet to Gronk and herns was a bit of replication in terms of how it used the field. 

If bb threw in a true number one with big play ability with Wes as the complimentary piece, we would have faired much better...assuming everything else being equal.

This year we have the best complimentary parts we have ever had. 2 good, young wr's, one that can stretch the field, 2 good slot, outside guys in Edelman and amendola, a great TE, good rb's if they can protect the ball , and a very good third down back in Vereen that is a threat from anywhere. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

It's funny watching you try to defend WW when he is the Peyton Manning of receivers. You can nitpick all you want but Gronk is the better, more versatile and more reliable receiver of the two. Had Welker been here they still lose all those games, they just probably thank Wes for dropping the pass that would have wone the game for them.

You really don't know what the Pats are all about, do you?

They went a combined 2 for 24 on 3rd downs in two of those loses. You don't think the guy who converted more 3rd downs then any other pass catcher during his time here might have changed that? Really? They lost by 1 score in all 3 occassions and a couple extra 3rd down conversions could have easily meant the difference in the game.

Nope, the ravens did the same thing to the Pats when Welker was on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Ah, in case you didn't know, Edelman played QB this year. So in answer to your question when was the last time he played QB, that would be within the last two months!

Yes, I rememeber .....

Too bad I don't have a gif of Welker botching his punt return, or Welker dropping a pass that would have won the superbowl or all the other passes welker dropped that would have won playoff games that the Pats lost.

Like I said before you have no idea what the Pats are about. If you did you would see what some of us are talking about. But no, you don't even want a clue. You would much rather try to make fun of fans that back the players on the team just to gloirfy your personal binky named Welker.

All I can say is Welker is no Troy Brown! Can't even carry his jock strap!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It's funny watching you try to defend WW when he is the Peyton Manning of receivers. You can nitpick all you want but Gronk is the better, more versatile and more reliable receiver of the two. Had Welker been here they still lose all those games, they just probably thank Wes for dropping the pass that would have wone the game for them.

You really don't know what the Pats are all about, do you?

They went a combined 2 for 24 on 3rd downs in two of those loses. You don't think the guy who converted more 3rd downs then any other pass catcher during his time here might have changed that? Really? They lost by 1 score in all 3 occassions and a couple extra 3rd down conversions could have easily meant the difference in the game.

I don't think he would have caught them. He certainly didn't Sunday and he's already shown multiple times while he was here that he could be shut down. Ravens did it, the Jets have done it before and neither of them had as good a D as Carolina this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Are you talking the 12' lose, because if you are Welker went 8 for 142

or the 12' post season where Welker went 8 for 117 with the only TD?

Oh you must mean the 09' Ravens lose... oh wait he was on IR for that game

Hrm I'm confused what Ravens lose did Welker not perform and wouldn't have helped? I check all 3 loses and no WR came even close to that production

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hrm I'm confused what Ravens lose did Welker not perform and wouldn't have helped? I check all 3 loses and no WR came even close to that production

Maybe he meant those key drops he had against the Ravens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Those who tout Edelman as being equal to WW are just as wrong as those who deny WW choked at the worst possible times. There is no debating these truths.

agreed, until you apply big play pressure.

You keep on saying Edelmans more clutch, please tell us which big games Edelman has played in that he was clutch.

Edelman has not exposed whether he is clutch or not at this juncture.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

please refresh my memory since I don't remember those. Which plays did those happen on? I checked the game log no drops in those games from what I saw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

please refresh my memory since I don't remember those. Which plays did those happen on? I checked the game log no drops in those games from what I saw

Welker drop a turning point: In terms of a turning point in the game, a Wes Welker dropped pass early in the third quarter was when the Patriots’ fortunes turned in the wrong direction. The Patriots led 13-7 and had advanced to the Ravens’ 34, facing a third-and-8 when Welker couldn’t corral a pass close to the first-down marker. The Ravens scored a touchdown on their next possession and never trailed again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738942/rapid-reaction-ravens-28-patriots-13

Changed momentum of the game. Instead of being 1st and 10 from the 23 and having a chance to go up 2 scores the Pat's had to punt and it changed the complexsion of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Welker drop a turning point: In terms of a turning point in the game, a Wes Welker dropped pass early in the third quarter was when the Patriots’ fortunes turned in the wrong direction. The Patriots led 13-7 and had advanced to the Ravens’ 34, facing a third-and-8 when Welker couldn’t corral a pass close to the first-down marker. The Ravens scored a touchdown on their next possession and never trailed again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738942/rapid-reaction-ravens-28-patriots-13

Changed momentum of the game. Instead of being 1st and 10 from the 23 and having a chance to go up 2 scores the Pat's had to punt and it changed the complexsion of the game.

Oh I stand corrected thank you for that. Sucks that was the last play of the game and no other person on the entire Pats team had another chance to make any other play......... But then again Welker didn't do much for the Pats in that game compared to anyone else did he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So many mistakes made by so many players and coaches in the games everyone is blaming Welker on.  I find it funny watching all the homers point fingers at one specific player trying to push the blame all onto him.  You people are some serious homers who can not be objective.  You give Patriot nation a bad rap because you are wearing rose colored glasses, drinking koolaid in your plastic bubbles.  Maybe if you mingled with other football fans of other teams you might get some perspective.  Everyone else find faults with the entire team for losing, the homers blame one guy.  What fools.  Open your eyes!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Oh I stand corrected thank you for that. Sucks that was the last play of the game and no other person on the entire Pats team had another chance to make any other play......... But then again Welker didn't do much for the Pats in that game compared to anyone else did he?

I don't think I said no other Patriot had a chance to make a play. I believe I said it changed the complexsion/momentum of the game.

I beleive Mike Reiss called it a "turning point".

Bottom line it was a key play.

I have said this 100 times and i guess I have to say it again. Wes Welker was a warrior for this team, tough as nails and a huge contributor but when it came down to making  game changing championship plays... it is what it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think I said no other Patriot had a chance to make a play. I believe I said it changed the complexsion/momentum of the game.

I have said this 100 times and i guess I have to say it again. Wes Welker was a warrior for this team, tough as nails and a huge contributor but when it came down to making  game changing championship plays... it is what it is.

But couldn't you say the same thing about the Brady int in the SB. The Pats had momentum and were driving then that int (which if thrown a bit higher would have resulted in a game changing TD for the Pats). So, if you offer that as an example shouldn't you also be saying the same thing about Brady then and call him a chocker too?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

But couldn't you say the same thing about the Brady int in the SB. The Pats had momentum and were driving then that int (which if thrown a bit higher would have resulted in a game changing TD for the Pats). So, if you offer that as an example shouldn't you also be saying the same thing about Brady then and call him a chocker too?

No doubt that INT was a momentum changer but after that he drove them down the field and we know what transpired.

I do not want to make this a WW bashing discussion. I only pointed out what transpired. as I said previously WW was a tough as nails SOB when he was here. You can't deny he has had issues holding onto the ball in big spots. we saw it again Sunday night in OT on the drop that would have given denver a 4th and 1 around the Pat's 40. they most likely would have gone for it on 4th based on the way the were running the ball instead they had to punt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Didn't he have a huge 3rd down drop in the AFCCG last year against the Ravens?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

But couldn't you say the same thing about the Brady int in the SB.

Not really. That INT came WAY before WW's drop. And it also came out of a Brady miraculous escape from sack.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No doubt that INT was a momentum changer but after that he drove them down the field and we know what transpired.

I do not want to make this a WW bashing discussion. I only pointed out what transpired. as I said previously WW was a tough as nails SOB when he was here. You can't deny he has had issues holding onto the ball in big spots. we saw it again Sunday night in OT on the drop that would have given denver a 4th and 1 around the Pat's 40. they most likely would have gone for it on 4th based on the way the were running the ball instead they had to punt.

But it's essentially the same thing Ghost. Both were momentum shifting events and both made plays after that event and in the end the results were still the same they lost. So, if you use one as an example you have to accept the other. True you have to accept Welker has had some drops in key situations but also in those same games in other key situations he was one of the most productive members on the team. It's a little hard to fault him for a single play when everything he did prior gave them a chance to win the game to begin with and the one play he missed didn't directly cost them the game (in otherwords they still could have won regardless). In both cases if Welker or Brady weren't involved with either game the Pats wouldn't have even had a chance to win. So, while some can chose to look at a single play as a negative it's hard to argue that the other plays in the game didn't have any meaning and weren't also pressure situations during an important game. I mean it's not like Ocho who couldn't provide any real production at all or Moss who didn't really even show up compare to previous games that season. At least Welker was still productive and gave more to the team than any other WR. Every play mattered as any 2nd down that wasn't converted could turn into an incomplete the very next play and a punt. And any TDs after that punt whether in the first 2mins or last are important in the end aren't they? I mean once the clock hits 0 does it really matter when the points come or just the final score?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

But it's essentially the same thing Ghost. Both were momentum shifting events and both made plays after that event and in the end the results were still the same they lost. So, if you use one as an example you have to accept the other. True you have to accept Welker has had some drops in key situations but also in those same games in other key situations he was one of the most productive members on the team. It's a little hard to fault him for a single play when everything he did prior gave them a chance to win the game to begin with and the one play he missed didn't directly cost them the game (in otherwords they still could have won regardless). In both cases if Welker or Brady weren't involved with either game the Pats wouldn't have even had a chance to win. So, while some can chose to look at a single play as a negative it's hard to argue that the other plays in the game didn't have any meaning and weren't also pressure situations during an important game. I mean it's not like Ocho who couldn't provide any real production at all or Moss who didn't really even show up compare to previous games that season. At least Welker was still productive and gave more to the team than any other WR. Every play mattered as any 2nd down that wasn't converted could turn into an incomplete the very next play and a punt. And any TDs after that punt whether in the first 2mins or last are important in the end aren't they? I mean once the clock hits 0 does it really matter when the points come or just the final score?

Pats, no doubt Welker was productive... argueably one of the most productive Patriots of all time over a six year period. I don't subscribe to the I'm glad he is gone mantra but I do recognize that he had some significant plays that he failed to make. Just as I recognize that the GCOAT BB has made some pretty glaring mistakes and the GQBOAT has made some plays that have cost his team.

when they announced the Amendola signing there was a small window where i was hoping they were going to land them both. Again for me it is nothing personal against WW I am just pointing out what actually transpired in some key situations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not really. That INT came WAY before WW's drop. And it also came out of a Brady miraculous escape from sack.

In his example you could. As he cited both were momentum changers and considered turning points in the games. And in both cases plays were made by both players afterwards that would have had a positive outcome of the game if the rest of the team didn't also fail. Btw he's talking about the balt game not the SB game and I'm referencing the SB int not the Balt int to give you your barrings

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In his example you could. As he cited both were momentum changers and considered turning points in the games. And in both cases plays were made by both players afterwards that would have had a positive outcome of the game if the rest of the team didn't also fail. Btw he's talking about the balt game not the SB game and I'm referencing the SB int not the Balt int to give you your barrings

Oh, got it. I thought you were talking about the SB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats, no doubt Welker was productive... argueably one of the most productive Patriots of all time over a six year period. I don't subscribe to the I'm glad he is gone mantra but I do recognize that he had some significant plays that he failed to make. Just as I recognize that the GCOAT BB has made some pretty glaring mistakes and the GQBOAT has made some plays that have cost his team.

when they announced the Amendola signing there was a small window where i was hoping they were going to land them both. Again for me it is nothing personal against WW I am just pointing out what actually transpired in some key situations.

Ok I understand and agree just generally don't enjoy when people put blame into a single moment on a single player without realizing it wasn't the single players fault but a group lose in general. I guess it's how I was raised since my dad always hated the way Buckner was treated for all he did for the team. I too was hoping they could get both but if it was one or the other I wanted Welker for obvious reasons, that escaped some until recently

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You looking for a fight?  You really want to get into it with me agian over that?

LOL!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Ok I understand and agree just generally don't enjoy when people put blame into a single moment on a single player without realizing it wasn't the single players fault but a group lose in general. I guess it's how I was raised since my dad always hated the way Buckner was treated for all he did for the team. I too was hoping they could get both but if it was one or the other I wanted Welker for obvious reasons, that escaped some until recently

As a rule no one play can be soley attributed to a loss. That being said in most sporting events there are a handful of plays that contribute to a change of momentum or are significant to the outcome. SB 46 is a perfect example.

The Brady safety... leads to 2 points and continued field postion for the gints

the 12 men on the field ...negates a turnover and leads to a TD

Brady pick intended for Gronk... tremendous momentum killer

The welker drop... could have iced the game

The nink offsides on 3rd down... cost them field position and time. 

Perhaps if one or a combination of any of those turned out different and we are having a different converstion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You looking for a fight?  You really want to get into it with me agian over that?

LOL!!

I think he was talking to me TFB

Sections
Shortcuts