For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: For all YOU Wes Welker lovers.........

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a rule no one play can be soley attributed to a loss. That being said in most sporting events there are a handful of plays that contribute to a change of momentum or are significant to the outcome. SB 46 is a perfect example.

The Brady safety... leads to 2 points and continued field postion for the gints

the 12 men on the field ...negates a turnover and leads to a TD

Brady pick intended for Gronk... tremendous momentum killer

The welker drop... could have iced the game

The nink offsides on 3rd down... cost them field position and time. 

Perhaps if one or a combination of any of those turned out different and we are having a different converstion.

[/QUOTE]

and this is exactly what I was trying to address to people blaming Welker but much better said on your part. To label Welker a chocker and not other players who had similar moments or acknowledge it was a series of plays that lead to the lost is foolish. Yes Welkers drop was a critical moment but it wasn't the only one that could have lead to the lose so why place blame on that single moment? Because that player is no longer here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As a rule no one play can be soley attributed to a loss. That being said in most sporting events there are a handful of plays that contribute to a change of momentum or are significant to the outcome. SB 46 is a perfect example.

The Brady safety... leads to 2 points and continued field postion for the gints

the 12 men on the field ...negates a turnover and leads to a TD

Brady pick intended for Gronk... tremendous momentum killer

The welker drop... could have iced the game

The nink offsides on 3rd down... cost them field position and time. 

Perhaps if one or a combination of any of those turned out different and we are having a different converstion.

[/QUOTE]

and this is exactly what I was trying to address to people blaming Welker but much better said on your part. To label Welker a chocker and not other players who had similar moments or acknowledge it was a series of plays that lead to the lost is foolish. Yes Welkers drop was a critical moment but it wasn't the only one that could have lead to the lose so why place blame on that single moment? Because that player is no longer here?

[/QUOTE]

My only concern regarding Welker is perhaps his decision making. In regards to the punt Sunday night he was standing roughly at the 13 when the punt was launched. While the ball was in the air he moved up a couple of yards to almost the 15 and then moved backwards. The ball landed at the 16. That ball really needed to be fair caught. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think I said no other Patriot had a chance to make a play. I believe I said it changed the complexsion/momentum of the game.

I beleive Mike Reiss called it a "turning point".

Bottom line it was a key play.

I have said this 100 times and i guess I have to say it again. Wes Welker was a warrior for this team, tough as nails and a huge contributor but when it came down to making  game changing championship plays... it is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

But couldn't you say the same thing about the Brady int in the SB. The Pats had momentum and were driving then that int (which if thrown a bit higher would have resulted in a game changing TD for the Pats). So, if you offer that as an example shouldn't you also be saying the same thing about Brady then and call him a chocker too?

[/QUOTE]

No you can't because Brady has made those game changing plays and has three rings to prove it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pats, no doubt Welker was productive... argueably one of the most productive Patriots of all time over a six year period. I don't subscribe to the I'm glad he is gone mantra but I do recognize that he had some significant plays that he failed to make. Just as I recognize that the GCOAT BB has made some pretty glaring mistakes and the GQBOAT has made some plays that have cost his team.

when they announced the Amendola signing there was a small window where i was hoping they were going to land them both. Again for me it is nothing personal against WW I am just pointing out what actually transpired in some key situations.

[/QUOTE]

Ok I understand and agree just generally don't enjoy when people put blame into a single moment on a single player without realizing it wasn't the single players fault but a group lose in general. I guess it's how I was raised since my dad always hated the way Buckner was treated for all he did for the team. I too was hoping they could get both but if it was one or the other I wanted Welker for obvious reasons, that escaped some until recently

[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "lose" when you mean "loss". Either learn to spell and communicate like an adult or go away, Welker Lover.

My god have you become annoying here. I literally had no idea you were gay for Welker. I think it's great you are gay, but please do not run around here ruining Pats discussions for your own personal sentiments.

No one cares you are in love with Welker.

Go to a board that talks about that stuff.    Your meltdown here with TFB12 was epic and will not be forgotten.

You're also a kid, for chrissakes.  

[/QUOTE]

Says the poster who was just banned for the 14th time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok I understand and agree just generally don't enjoy when people put blame into a single moment on a single player without realizing it wasn't the single players fault but a group lose in general. I guess it's how I was raised since my dad always hated the way Buckner was treated for all he did for the team. I too was hoping they could get both but if it was one or the other I wanted Welker for obvious reasons, that escaped some until recently

[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "lose" when you mean "loss". Either learn to spell and communicate like an adult or go away, Welker Lover.

My god have you become annoying here. I literally had no idea you were gay for Welker. I think it's great you are gay, but please do not run around here ruining Pats discussions for your own personal sentiments.

Go to a board that talks about that stuff.    Your meltdown here with TFB12 was epic and will not be forgotten.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good call. Anyone who respects an all-time great Patriot is gay. Does that make you gay for the coach?  Why don't you and your guild of Welker-bashing bozos get a clue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pats, no doubt Welker was productive... argueably one of the most productive Patriots of all time over a six year period. I don't subscribe to the I'm glad he is gone mantra but I do recognize that he had some significant plays that he failed to make. Just as I recognize that the GCOAT BB has made some pretty glaring mistakes and the GQBOAT has made some plays that have cost his team.

when they announced the Amendola signing there was a small window where i was hoping they were going to land them both. Again for me it is nothing personal against WW I am just pointing out what actually transpired in some key situations.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rusty/melswitt and his other screen names have daily meltdowns on here.  Job hunting not going well?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More than that....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More than that....

[/QUOTE]

At lest double that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks for bringing this to the front page.  Have some stuff to add.

I wanted to add these Edelman clutch catches to the threads:

Badpass_original

Real clutch! 

Let me throw one in of the Welker replacement who never drops the ball.

Real Clutch!

These two guys were pretty pretty much useless in these two games and did nothing in the Panthers game.  I'm pretty positive had Welker still been on the team the Patriots would be 11-0 right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was a slow afternoon at work on Wednesday so I did a little research and scribbled some numbers down so I could share with you guys tonight.

Receiving stats:

Targets: Welker 95, Edelman 89

Receptions: Welker 65, Edelman 61

TD's

Welker 5th with 9

Edelman 34th with 4

Yards

Welker 26th with 679

Edelman 33rd with 610

YAC

Welker 22nd with 302

Edelman 38th with 251

The BIGGIE... 1st Downs

Welker 10th with 42 = 65% of receptions are for 1st downs

Edelman 42nd with 28 = 46% of receptions are for 1st downs

HOW IS THAT FOR CLUTCH!

I love this one...

Wide receivers are ranked according to DYAR, or Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. This gives the value of the performance on plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage

The other statistic given is DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average WR in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance.

The simple version: DYAR means a wide receiver with more total value. DVOA means a wide receiver with more value per play.

Welker DYAR = 181 Rank 16th, DVOA = 11.1% Rank 24th

Edelman DYAR = 53 Rank 51st, DVOA = -5.0% Rank 55th

Hmmm???  Might want to rethink your claims here guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Welker, Hernandez and Branch all choked in the SB. None are on the team now. Hernandez for other reasons. This leads me to believe that someone is looking to deflect from his "retirement" from the forum. I'd find it hard to believe that an " ex NFL player" would be a quitter.  Or that's the reason their an "ex player". 

Drops or not Welker would still be a pat if his agent didnt expect megatron coin and play poker with BB.  BB has a turn over of players every year, I believe if Brady walked, or got hurt, he would just do what he does every year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing this to the front page.  Have some stuff to add.

I wanted to add these Edelman clutch catches to the threads:

Badpass_original

Real clutch! 

Let me throw one in of the Welker replacement who never drops the ball.

Real Clutch!

These two guys were pretty pretty much useless in these two games and did nothing in the Panthers game.  I'm pretty positive had Welker still been on the team the Patriots would be 11-0 right now.

[/QUOTE]

And I believe if Welker was still on the team the Pats would have lost one or two more games than they have AND the Pats wouldn't have as diverse an offense as they have now. Sundays game against the Bronco's verified those beliefs.

Sections
Shortcuts