For Crying Out Loud

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For Crying Out Loud

For crying out loud, guys, the team is 6-2 at the halfway point, the team has had injuries at key positions on both sides of the ball and had a shot at winning the 2 games they lost.  As Babe pointed out in another thread, the team has grit.  Win it all this year?  Don't know.  Compete for 60 minutes in every game?  Abso-flippin-lutely.

Waving the pom-poms?  You bet your a_ss I am!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: For Crying Out Loud

you have pom-poms?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Care to see my pom-poms?  <eye brow wiggle>

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For crying out loud, guys, the team is 6-2 at the halfway point, the team has had injuries at key positions on both sides of the ball and had a shot at winning the 2 games they lost.  As Babe pointed out in another thread, the team has grit.  Win it all this year?  Don't know.  Compete for 60 minutes in every game?  Abso-flippin-lutely.

[/QUOTE]

Also a big Pom-Pom waver and agree with your post regarding the team.  As far as the team competing for 60 minutes they generally do but yesterday they only competed  for 30 minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also a big Pom-Pom waver and agree with your post regarding the team.  As far as the team competing for 60 minutes they generally do but yesterday they only competed  for 30 minutes.

[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with the 30-minute point.  They did seem to be MIA in the first half.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with the 30-minute point.  They did seem to be MIA in the first half.

[/QUOTE]

Worse half of football I have seen at home since the GB game in 2002. They actually looked like they had zero interest in being out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worse half of football I have seen at home since the GB game in 2002. They actually looked like they had zero interest in being out there.

[/QUOTE]

The coaches and players also heard the boos going into the lockerroom after the 1st half. BB actually admitted it during his press conference after the game. I think that got their attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This team deserves to be respected. I am with you, ATJ.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a pom pom waver, but I do agree I love the teams grit. There were a number of things I wish they did differently from the end of last season until now but you have to love this teams grit and fight if nothing else. They'll have their work cut out for them this offseason though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and Belichick keeps smiling--I think he loves games like this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Always lost in the whinging is the fact that this team is 6-2 and will probably get better.  Are they SB favourites?  I can't say.  They are maddening at times, but I'll still watch them even when they barely squeak out victories week to week.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does someone who has zero interest in being out there look like, Dr. Freud?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The first half was tough to watch.  The injuries on defense have made it easy for bums like Miami to score, and the bums at wide receiver made it easy for Miami to defend.

Yet somehow, the team found a way to win.

Good feeling!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

What does someone who has zero interest in being out there look like, Dr. Freud?

[/QUOTE]

17-3  mr. the QB's job is not to work with the Wr's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's a little like Tiger Woods - he had a great season by any measure - except the one he measures himself on - major championships. 

For those who just want a team with grit they can root for and a playoff season, this team should deliver. 

For those who yearn for one more championship to put a period on the end of the great Belichick/Brady run (and one more big FU to those who would say 'Spygate'), the vulnerabilities on this team are hard to watch - because at this point we don't look like a championship level team this year, and how many more years does this combo have? Not many. I fall in this group of fans - you probably don't which may be a good thing as you can enjoy this team for what it is. But i go into it so that some folks reactions to the flaws in this team might make more sense to you...

I don't feel the same way about the Bruins or the Red Sox because there aren't legacies at stake, so I'm able to enjoy the ride with those teams more...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Great post, ATJ.  Pats fans have to accept the fact that this team is probably going to be in close games all year.  The defense has been fantastic even with key injuries.  They're playing with toughness and grit and I love it.  I just hope the offense can get its groove back.  We're 8 games in and the offense has been bad.  I think they can improve the second half of the season.  They're going to need to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"They are maddening at times, but I'll still watch them even when they barely squeak out victories week to week.   "

See that's kind of annoying to say. Just about everyone in this forum watches every game regardless. There is a big difference between a fair weather fan and a "positive" fan. People say "true fans" are positive. I disagree. A fan relationship is like a marriage - some marriages are way better than other. But it's the emotional commitment we have in common. Negativity doesn't mean lack of commitment, it means you're struggling with the ups and downs in the relationship. You are still just as much a fan!

Trolling to get attention is a different matter entirely...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good Post. Just get this team to the dance. They are gonna be a better team for going thru this all this adversity. I said it early on. We are winning ugly but those add up. Not nearly enough gut check wins in past season to believe this team was SB ready. Truthfully Ive always said you need atleast 4 a season. I think we surpassed that already. We are gonnab be battle tested in january. Something we havent been able to say for a while. Just gotta catch a break with injuries.(no pun intended) we cant lose much more and im nervous about Cannon outside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I would never presume to suggest who is and who is not a 'real Pats fan' whatever that means.  And I acknowledge up front I'm a guy who views matters through a positive lens.  Deosn't mean I'm not realistic - just means if I'm a believer (translates in this forum to fan) I focus on the positive.  I will confess that I was totally pi_ssed off during the first half yesterday and struggled to find the positives.  Perhaps made the 2nd half comeback and subsequent victory all the more sweet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"They are maddening at times, but I'll still watch them even when they barely squeak out victories week to week.   "

See that's kind of annoying to say. Just about everyone in this forum watches every game regardless. There is a big difference between a fair weather fan and a "positive" fan. People say "true fans" are positive. I disagree. A fan relationship is like a marriage - some marriages are way better than other. But it's the emotional commitment we have in common. Negativity doesn't mean lack of commitment, it means you're struggling with the ups and downs in the relationship. You are still just as much a fan!

Trolling to get attention is a different matter entirely...

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you're trying to say pal - it's lost on me.  If you want to paint me as fairweather or whatever because of a cherry-picked sentence - I'm not losing sleep.  If negativity is your thing, and if you think it's healthy to be that way - by all means, have at it!   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let's think 2001 and how that season turned out.  No expectations there and look what happened.  This season is lots of moans and groans yet the team keeps winning.  The successes of the past have definitely tainted the expectations of this fan base to the point the whining starts a minute into a game when something does not go right.  Folks just do not seem to be happy unless a game starts with a bang.  That is why a game is 60 minutes long and the season has 16 games.  This is the half way point and considering all that has happened, if anyone here would have been told in advance about all the injuries to date without knowing any game results and then guess the Pats record, I would dare say very few would say they'd be 6 - 2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

17-3  mr. the QB's job is not to work with the Wr's.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so any team that is losing 17-3 looks like they don't want to be out there?

Come on.  You made the statement.  Let's hear it.  You said they looked like they didn't want to be out there.  What look is that?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

For cying out loud....

I thought the thread was going to be:   VOLLMER broken leg...what next...?   or something like that....

but no please no ,   not another stupid thread about how superior some fan is to another fan because they are so well adjusted ,   completely levelheaded all the time , and NEVER overreact to anything, and were breast fed as babies....   blah , blah blah.

For chriisssssaakes get over yourselves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a little like Tiger Woods - he had a great season by any measure - except the one he measures himself on - major championships. 

For those who just want a team with grit they can root for and a playoff season, this team should deliver. 

For those who yearn for one more championship to put a period on the end of the great Belichick/Brady run (and one more big FU to those who would say 'Spygate'), the vulnerabilities on this team are hard to watch - because at this point we don't look like a championship level team this year, and how many more years does this combo have? Not many. I fall in this group of fans - you probably don't which may be a good thing as you can enjoy this team for what it is. But i go into it so that some folks reactions to the flaws in this team might make more sense to you...

I don't feel the same way about the Bruins or the Red Sox because there aren't legacies at stake, so I'm able to enjoy the ride with those teams more...

[/QUOTE]

At this point last season Baltimore didn't look like a championship team and neither did the Giants the year before.

Remember, it's now how you start, it's how you finish.

Sections
Shortcuts