For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

this is not who we want to be best, or who will be at the end of the year

but this past sunday, who wins 3 of 5 head to head.

here is my shot:

1.giants
    2. pack
    3. atlanta
    4. 9ers
    5. houston
    6. minn
    7. bears
    8. ravens
    9. denver
    10. steelers
    11. seahawks
    12. patriots (with philly on their heels)

good discussion welcome. rose colored wishing, will ignore.
    we all want the pats to win the super bowl.
    this is how things actually looked last sunday

another note, im not rating the talent. wed be in the top 3-4, but only performance on the field as of last week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

How did you do the head to head comparisons and come out with the records?

Issues I have

Pack at #2 seems way to high

Minn at #6 and bears at #5 really? Minn is too high.

Ravens are really hurt and sliding how did you account for that? Losing Ray and their CB really hurts them on D and emotionally

Denver and Steelers are higher than Pats? Come on really.... Didn't Pats handle Denver and beat them a few weeks ago? Or do you forget. Steelers are really hurting and struggling more than Pats for an identity.

I am not looking through rose colored glasses, I don't believe Pats are number 1 but number 12... I think that is looking through dark colored glasses a bit too much.

I see the giants, atlanta, 49ers, houston, bears as being higher than pats...

I see them definitely better than broncos, and steelers.

Pats are in a the group with packers, ravens, seahawks, minny .... So I think they should be in the 6-10 range not at number 12 on this list. RIght around 8 seems like a fair place for them to be. They have their problems, but if they could start putting together full games and playing a game using key weapons and playing with rhythm they could beat anyone in that group and a few above them. However if they play not to lose, then I could see them lose to at least two or three in their group (on yeah they did lose to 2 out of 4).... right now I think they would beat the ravens but that is just an opinion.

Instead of pessimistic or optimistic let's all be a little more realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

Pats should be about #6. 12 is way low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Issues I have

Ravens are really hurt and sliding how did you account for that? Losing Ray and their CB really hurts them on D and emotionally

Denver and Steelers are higher than Pats? Come on really.... Didn't Pats handle Denver and beat them a few weeks ago? Or do you forget. Steelers are really hurting and struggling more than Pats for an identity.

I am not looking through rose colored glasses, I don't believe Pats are number 1 but number 12... I think that is looking through dark colored glasses a bit too much.

Pats are in a the group with packers, ravens, seahawks, minny .... So I think they should be in the 6-10 range not at number 12 on this list. RIght around 8 seems like a fair place for them to be. They have their problems, but if they could start putting together full games and playing a game using key weapons and playing with rhythm they could beat anyone in that group and a few above them. However if they play not to lose, then I could see them lose to at least two or three in their group (on yeah they did lose to 2 out of 4).... right now I think they would beat the ravens but that is just an opinion.

hey thanks fo rreplying.

re:

"How did you do the head to head comparisons and come out with the records?"

i dont have time to answer the whole post gotta get to bed. 

this is who would win last sunday 3 of 5 nothing to do with records or even 1 particular win.

these are my loose conjectures (i didnt watch evey game last sunday obviously)

have some fun, share yours and if you wish, say why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Issues I have

alls fair in an opinon. all welcome. no reason to send any attack toward another.

did note you thought new eng could be a  10. what 2 off mine,. not far.

if we coach better we might move way up that lsit.

hope to be # 1 at teh ned of the year :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

thanks for your opinon. why not list your 12 or more for fun?

i see we were lucky to beat jets.

lost to seattle (where do you have seattle) and made their qb look like an all pro, like almost  every other qb. if we play how weve played last few games, we might get beat by teams below #12, ie and put us in the mid teens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

again if you wish to answer my question, its not based on teh premise of talent or how good our coaching staff was last year or 10 years ago. but how we performed as of last sunday on that day who would we beat in a 3 of 5. a snapshot if you will as of last sunday.

kay.

have fun.

share if you like.

peace

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't know how power rankings are based (stats??), but here are my top 10 based only on who is the top 10 teams, imo.

1.  Texans - Even though they have a aloss I think they are the best team in the NFL right now.  They could beat the Falcons.

2.  Falcons - 6-0 says a lot but it's hard for me to rank them #1 when I believe the Texans can beat them.

3. Giants

4. Packers

5. 49'ers

6. Bears

7. Vikings

8. Ravens

9. Seahawks

10. Patriots

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

lost to seattle (where do you have seattle) and made their qb look like an all pro, like almost  every other qb. if we play how weve played last few games, we might get beat by teams below #12, ie and put us in the mid teens.

Lost to Seattle, IN Seattle, where they have 1 of the best home field advantages in all of football, by a single point.  Conventional wisdom confers 3 points for home field.

Also, their loss to the Ravens was IN Baltimore, again by a single point, on a last second field goal.  And that was when the Ravens were playing a lot better than they are now.

I have a feeling that in your striving to be "obective", you're actually overcompensating and rating the Pats lower than they really should be.  Power rankings are not as simple as "A beat B, therefore A is ranked higher than B."  I believe right now, the Pats should be ranked above the Seahawks and Ravens (not to mention the mess that is the Steelers).  Conversely, the Broncos are playing really well right now, and probably deserve the higher ranking, despite the Pats beating them pretty handily.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Starting today this is the 3 of 5 game winners (if they played 5 games) pecking order. Based on performance to date augmented for injury, teams getting into synch and good coaching with which teams get better as the season progresses.

1.  Texans
    2.  Giants
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Also Ryan need to prove he is clutch before I can rank falcons #1..that means playoff clutch.

Pats would beat Seahawks 4 of 5 times, never seen so many strategic errors in one game.

When Packers get going no one can really beat them and that is starting up again.

Giants are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

NE is one CB from being #1 or #2..thinking a trade to get one would be good at this point.

Bears offense is still anemic and their defense relies on takewaways bad matchup for elite teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I don't know how power rankings are based (stats??), but here are my top 10 based only on who is the top 10 teams, imo.

1.  Texans - Even though they have a aloss I think they are the best team in the NFL right now.  They could beat the Falcons.

2.  Falcons - 6-0 says a lot but it's hard for me to rank them #1 when I believe the Texans can beat them.

3. Giants

4. Packers

5. 49'ers

6. Bears

7. Vikings

8. Ravens

9. Seahawks

10. Patriots

fair enough tfb12,

again the premise here to base our projections on i am askign is howthey sit as of last sunday.

teh week prior i think your standings make sense. but ddi you see highlihgts or scores last sunday.

were you aware the packers just beat the texans by 20 points and it wasnt as close as the score.

thanks for weighing in. feel free to coome back and discuss and or reshape your rankings

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to MightyCumEarly2013's comment:

you are a Jets Troll. The Patriots are the best and deserve to be #1 in the rankings.

you are obviously the smartest person i have met in a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Lost to Seattle, IN Seattle, where they have 1 of the best home field advantages in all of football, by a single point.  Conventional wisdom confers 3 points for home field.

Also, their loss to the Ravens was IN Baltimore, again by a single point, on a last second field goal.  And that was when the Ravens were playing a lot better than they are now.

I have a feeling that in your striving to be "obective", you're actually overcompensating and rating the Pats lower than they really should be.  Power rankings are not as simple as "A beat B, therefore A is ranked higher than B."  I believe right now, the Pats should be ranked above the Seahawks and Ravens (not to mention the mess that is the Steelers).  Conversely, the Broncos are playing really well right now, and probably deserve the higher ranking, despite the Pats beating them pretty handily.

hi matt, thanks for the thoughts.

can you share your rankings as of last sunday.

you read my premise right.

you saw a depleted jets team, might say decimated, played us to overtime and lost only because they gave the game back to us 4 times, td drop, redzone drop, intercept drop, sanchez missing hill in endzone. it was a super lucky win, and a non jet or pats fan might say the jets deserved that game more.

i still say, a few here are rating us based on our potential, our talent, etc. not on how we played last sunday and who woulda beat who last sunday.

re seattle, so 3 points, and where did you have seattle rated that week. if we were 6th why could we not beat a team we give 3 points to who is well, well below 6th in the league?

just a few points here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

fair enough tfb12,

again the premise here to base our projections on i am askign is howthey sit as of last sunday.

teh week prior i think your standings make sense. but ddi you see highlihgts or scores last sunday.

were you aware the packers just beat the texans by 20 points and it wasnt as close as the score.

thanks for weighing in. feel free to coome back and discuss and or reshape your rankings

I think the Texans are the best team right now... not two weeks ago.  Sure, the Packers beat them but I still think the Texans are better and they don't lose to the Packers again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Starting today this is the 3 of 5 game winners (if they played 5 games) pecking order. Based on performance to date augmented for injury, teams getting into synch and good coaching with which teams get better as the season progresses.

1.  Texans
    2.  Giants
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Also Ryan need to prove he is clutch before I can rank falcons #1..that means playoff clutch.

Pats beat Seahawks 4 of 5 times, never seen so many strategic errors in one game.

When Packers get going no one can really beat them and that is starting up again.

Gients are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

NE is one CB from being #1 or #2..thinking a trade to get one would be good at this point.

i woudl totally take the trade fro a top cb.

you rank texans 1st, tehy jsut got waxed, blown out by packers. wasnt a close game at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

fair enough tfb12,

I think the Texans are the best team right now... not two weeks ago.  Sure, the Packers beat them but I still think the Texans are better and they don't lose to the Packers again.

you are right , it was 2 weeks ago. 

and tehy were blown out completley were never in the game.

however if that does nothing for you and you disagree, so be it. 

thanks for weighing in. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

you saw a depleted jets team, might say decimated, played us to overtime and lost only because they gave the game back to us 4 times, td drop, redzone drop, intercept drop, sanchez missing hill in endzone. it was a super lucky win, and a non jet or pats fan might say the jets deserved that game more.

i still say, a few here are rating us based on our potential, our talent, etc. not on how we played last sunday and who woulda beat who last sunday.

re seattle, so 3 points, and where did you have seattle rated that week. if we were 6th why could we not beat a team we give 3 points to who is well, well below 6th in the league?

just a few points here.

Jets game was defensive battle...even without Revis a motivated Jets defense is among the best in the league and has given some impressive defensive performances. Rex Ryan is actually a great defensive strategist and usually knows what to do against the Pats.

Don't be fooled by the Jets occasionally being blown out..for some reason when they are bad they are really bad...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

1.  Texans
    2.  Giants
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Pats beat Seahawks 4 of 5 times, never seen so many strategic errors in one game.

Gients are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

i woudl totally take the trade fro a top cb.

you rank texans 1st, tehy jsut got waxed, blown out by packers. wasnt a close game at all.

Fair enough...my instinct agrees, I think I hedged on the PAckers..like I said once they get going watch out but they have not strung together enough of those to convince me they are 'going' yet...but the blowout should drop the Texans to 3rd ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

just a few points here.

Jets game was defensive battle...even without Revis a motivated Jets defense is among the best in the league and has given some impressive defensive performances. Rex Ryan is actually a great defensive strategist and usually knows what to do against the Pats.

Don't be fooled by the Jets occasionally being blown out..for some reason when they are bad they are really bad...

all that given,. where did youhve themn ranked sunday. they played us to a tie. that should reflect in our ratings

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Redo..was not thinking about the Texans getting blown out.

1.  Giants
    2.  Packers
    3. Texans
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Giants are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

just a few points here.

all that given,. where did youhve themn ranked sunday. they played us to a tie. that should reflect in our ratings

A one week snapshot is not very indicative of team strength.

Taking into account every outcome and being consistent with rankings over multi-weeks is impossible.

Given that I have not thought about ranking the Jets, I consider all the rest of the teams in a big blob at number 11 in the ranking where any team can beat any other one.

I know the NFL has a lot of parity so one point games and OT games don't nessesarily mean the teams are even in a 5 game series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In response to MightyCumEarly2013's comment:

you are a Jets Troll. The Patriots are the best and deserve to be #1 in the rankings.

I want watever your smoking. -10 pats dont deserve to even be top 5 they just arent that

good. TROLL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

thanks for your opinon. why not list your 12 or more for fun?

i see we were lucky to beat jets.

Then again, we have 3 losses by a total of 4 points. One was a very make-able miss by Gost, the other a missed FG by the other guys the replacement refs blew.

Sections
Shortcuts