For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Starting today this is the 3 of 5 game winners (if they played 5 games) pecking order. Based on performance to date augmented for injury, teams getting into synch and good coaching with which teams get better as the season progresses.

1.  Texans
    2.  Giants
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Also Ryan need to prove he is clutch before I can rank falcons #1..that means playoff clutch.

Pats would beat Seahawks 4 of 5 times, never seen so many strategic errors in one game.

When Packers get going no one can really beat them and that is starting up again.

Giants are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

NE is one CB from being #1 or #2..thinking a trade to get one would be good at this point.

Bears offense is still anemic and their defense relies on takewaways bad matchup for elite teams.

[/QUOTE]

first two weren't due to "luck" either  :  )

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking you would have something to say about that. You just can't let anything go.

Nothing wrong with Luck.

The PAtriots were lucky to even get  to the 2001 SB.

They were lucky to get past the Raiders in the Tuck rule / snow game.

They were Lucky to win against the Rams in the 2001 SB.

The Giants were extremely lucky to get past the PAtriots in 2007 SB. The sequence of events were outrageous.

They were good to even be in position to win..I will grant them that.

Why is it so hard for you to admit what everyone else knows as fact??

BTW it won;t take away the 2 Lombardeis from your team if you do.

[/QUOTE]

everyone knows as "fact"?

oh u mean everyone is beantown and here...

for the 1000th time, not only did the 07 team beat 13-3 dallas in dallas and 13-3 green bay in lambeau-in the 3rd coldest game in nfl history-, not only was brady demolished all afternoon and was lucky not to be sacked 10 times, not only did ur vaunted record-setting offense have 7 points for 57:30-(please show me the "luck" in any of this)-but, again for the 1000th time:

on that last drive the giants went 83 yds in 2 minutes and they made 4-not one, not two, not three but four 3rd and longs...only one was the tyree play, so where is this "sequence" of outrageous events? and that perfect call/throw on the winning td? hobbs is still looking for his jock...

not only did the pats have a much easier road to the 2007 SB but they had no answers for the d line/pass rush all day and had multiple chances to stop the winning drive-and didnt-end of story. no luck involved, just clutch vs choke, bad match-up, etc...

and last year? once again, pats had 1 tough playoff game-after a cake schedule in reg season-and really talk about luck! a dropped td and a missed chip shot? come on...but giants beat 15-1 green bay at lambeau and 13-3 sf in san francisco...and the winning drive-where eli carved ur d up like a turkry on thanksgiving-started with perhaps the most perfectly thrown and caught ball in sb history-including bradshaw to swan, rothlesburger to holmes and starr to magee.

to wit: in jints 2 championship runs this was the records of the teams they beat:

2007: 51-13

2011: 50-16

with 5 of 6 on the road and two neutral sites

METHINKS YOUR LUCKY WHINE HAS BEEN PROVEN BS ONCE AND FOR ALL.

AND REALLY EVERYONE KNOWS THIS OUTSIDE NEW ENGLAND 

now this really tired hackneed dull past nonsense is done  :  )

can't we all get along?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pats were lucky to get by the Ravens...thats not too hard to admit..try it.

Some teams in the history of sport will go down as being very very lucky..the 2007 Giants  are near the top of the list..Anyone besided JintsFan think this is not true please speak up.

No one is whining , no one is saying the Giants were not a good team, but really...if that was a Patriots final drive I would call it luck. I call the 2001 Pats win over the Rams an 'upset' because the Rams would win 4 of 5 games and the one SB game the Pats won..too bad for the Rams!! There were elements of luck in all the Pats SB wins. I will stand by my statement the giants had an outrageous amount of luck on that final drive.

I think you have not come to terms with this yet...its been 5 years and your team won! So what if it was extremely lucky. You are not going to convince many people it was not ..especially here, cause that is simply not true.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: For Fun, Your power Rankings (without homerism), eyeballs, based on Performance, as is Today

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Starting today this is the 3 of 5 game winners (if they played 5 games) pecking order. Based on performance to date augmented for injury, teams getting into synch and good coaching with which teams get better as the season progresses.

1.  Texans
    2.  Giants
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. 49'ers
    6. Patriots
    7. Bears
    8. Vikings (tie)
    8. Steelers (t)
    9. Seahawks
    10. Miami

No Ravens

Also Ryan need to prove he is clutch before I can rank falcons #1..that means playoff clutch.

Pats would beat Seahawks 4 of 5 times, never seen so many strategic errors in one game.

When Packers get going no one can really beat them and that is starting up again.

Giants are better than either one of their SB teams and if they win this year won't be due to luck.

NE is one CB from being #1 or #2..thinking a trade to get one would be good at this point.

Bears offense is still anemic and their defense relies on takewaways bad matchup for elite teams.

[/QUOTE]

first two weren't due to "luck" either  :  )

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking you would have something to say about that. You just can't let anything go.

Nothing wrong with Luck.

The PAtriots were lucky to even get  to the 2001 SB.

They were lucky to get past the Raiders in the Tuck rule / snow game.

They were Lucky to win against the Rams in the 2001 SB.

The Giants were extremely lucky to get past the PAtriots in 2007 SB. The sequence of events were outrageous.

They were good to even be in position to win..I will grant them that.

Why is it so hard for you to admit what everyone else knows as fact??

BTW it won;t take away the 2 Lombardeis from your team if you do.

[/QUOTE]

everyone knows as "fact"?

oh u mean everyone is beantown and here...

for the 1000th time, not only did the 07 team beat 13-3 dallas in dallas and 13-3 green bay in lambeau-in the 3rd coldest game in nfl history-, not only was brady demolished all afternoon and was lucky not to be sacked 10 times, not only did ur vaunted record-setting offense have 7 points for 57:30-(please show me the "luck" in any of this)-but, again for the 1000th time:

on that last drive the giants went 83 yds in 2 minutes and they made 4-not one, not two, not three but four 3rd and longs...only one was the tyree play, so where is this "sequence" of outrageous events? and that perfect call/throw on the winning td? hobbs is still looking for his jock...

not only did the pats have a much easier road to the 2007 SB but they had no answers for the d line/pass rush all day and had multiple chances to stop the winning drive-and didnt-end of story. no luck involved, just clutch vs choke, bad match-up, etc...

and last year? once again, pats had 1 tough playoff game-after a cake schedule in reg season-and really talk about luck! a dropped td and a missed chip shot? come on...but giants beat 15-1 green bay at lambeau and 13-3 sf in san francisco...and the winning drive-where eli carved ur d up like a turkry on thanksgiving-started with perhaps the most perfectly thrown and caught ball in sb history-including bradshaw to swan, rothlesburger to holmes and starr to magee.

to wit: in jints 2 championship runs this was the records of the teams they beat:

2007: 51-13

2011: 50-16

with 5 of 6 on the road and two neutral sites

METHINKS YOUR LUCKY WHINE HAS BEEN PROVEN BS ONCE AND FOR ALL.

AND REALLY EVERYONE KNOWS THIS OUTSIDE NEW ENGLAND 

now this really tired hackneed dull past nonsense is done  :  )

can't we all get along?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pats were lucky to get by the Ravens...thats not too hard to admit..try it.

Some teams in the history of sport will go down as being very very lucky..the 2007 Giants  are near the top of the list..Anyone besided JintsFan think this is not true please speak up.

No one is whining , no one is saying the Giants were not a good team, but really...if that was a Patriots final drive I would call it luck. I call the 2001 Pats win over the Rams an 'upset' because the Rams would win 4 of 5 games and the one SB game the Pats won..too bad for the Rams!! There were elements of luck in all the Pats SB wins. I will stand by my statement the giants had an outrageous amount of luck on that final drive.

I think you have not come to terms with this yet...its been 5 years and your team won! So what if it was extremely lucky. You are not going to convince many people it was not ..especially here, cause that is simply not true.

[/QUOTE]

as I thought, you have really nothing but what u want/need to believe, and u conveniently ignore/disregard what doesn't fit ur agenda ie: every other play on that drive besides tyree, perfectly executed by eli and the O

I dont know what world u live in-maybe its because ur in NE and/or maybe it's because the whole world was rooting against the pats that day outside of NE-but I can assure u on satellite radio with callers from all 50 states, in everything i have read/heard and seen in the past 5 years, while everyone considers it one of the great sports upsets no one has ever said it was "lucky"

probably because tom brady almost went to the hospital...as sean salisbury famously said after that wonderous and joyous event, the pats got punched back, harder, and they weren't used to it and couldn't deal with it...yep

perhaps if brady wasn't mauled and ur oline embarrassed all day and eli and the o hadn't done everythign else on that historic drive ur nonsense would have more merit...alas, it doesnt and trust me, NO ONE outside of Pats fans see it any different

now this was all long ago and far away (wasnt that in a movie?) and to continually bring it up because it still doesn't quite settle in the stomach too well is really very unnecessary

but dont be ashamed, brother...the pats are still a great organization and worthy opponents in both super bowls....really  :  )

my work here is done and this hackneyed and overdone subject is closed

[/QUOTE]

Don't beleive it is closed for you...oddly enough seems like more of a sore spot for you than NE fans. Go figure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is not who we want to be best, or who will be at the end of the year

but this past sunday, who wins 3 of 5 head to head.

here is my shot:

1.giants 2. pack 3. atlanta4. 9ers 5. houston 6. minn 7. bears 8. ravens 9. denver 10. steelers 11. seahawks 12. patriots (with philly on their heels)   good discussion welcome. rose colored wishing, will ignore. we all want the pats to win the super bowl. this is how things actually looked last sunday   another note, im not rating the talent. wed be in the top 3-4, but only performance on the field as of last week.

[/QUOTE]

I think quarterback play and coaching puts us ahead of six of the teams you mentioned above us, but for overall team talent (outside of the QB) I'd put us somewhere in the lower portion of the league. In my opinion if you put this coach and this QB on even some of the worst teams in the league, they would be better overall than us. I say that because I think we have the worst defense in football and I believe the QB would make just about any offense pretty darn good - similar to what Manning has done in Denver. 

[/QUOTE]

mthurl,

interesting post about talent. 

my thrad is about ranking based on performance in latest game (not how good our qb is).

no matter how much taleny yo gotta do it on the field. so rankings will change week to week based on performance.

see you all on gamethread tomorrow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sept/Oct. Rankings means nothing.

[/QUOTE]

this bdc board mneans nothing. sports mean nothing. 

why post if you dont liek the topic. 

psot where you have meaning or enjoy it. otherwise leave threads you dont like alone and let people who enjoy, it to enjoy it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

My Rankings:

1. Texans (5-1) - top 5 in offense and defense

2. Giants (5-2) - playing better than either of their Super Bowl winners

3. Falcons (6-0) - these are supposed to be as of today and they are the only undefeated team left

4. 49ers (5-2) - offense is average at best, but their defense is awesome

5. Bears (5-1) - have 1 loss, similar to 49ers, but Cutler can be more of a liability then Alex Smith

6. Ravens (5-2) - dropping as injuries mount, but early season win over the Pats could get them a bye

7. Packers (4-3) - 42 points against Houston is no easy feat

8. Patriots (4-3) - have not beaten a good defense yet (5 games left vs top 10 D's)

9. Vikings (5-3) - not sure how the are 5-3, I do not expect them to be this high at season end

10. Steelers (3-3) - if the can pass the Ravens it would probably mean a bye for the Patriots

I think the Patriots still have a lot to prove. They have not beaten a good defense this year. I do not want to rehash the offense versus debate in a power rankings thread, but either way when the offense gets slowed down they are not capable of shutting down the other team on defense.

The Packers edge out the Patriots based on the fact that they hung a 42 on the Texans. Six touchdowns passes against a top defense is something I would love to see from Brady.

If the Steelers can take the North, that would mean a pretty could shot of the Patriots getting a bye. Did you realize that Roethlisberger actually has a higher completion %, better yards per attempt, and a higher passer rating than Brady?

The Vikings are probably smoke and mirrors, they are pretty average on both sides of the ball, but right now they are 5-3 so the get into the top ten on my list.

Sections
Shortcuts