For Texas Pat Only

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

For Texas Pat Only

Hey TP.  I know you love those Jets.  I thought I'd keep you up to date on the the Jets additional draft picks.  They Jets have four additinal comp picks in the draft, giving them 12 picks in the deepest draft in 25 years.  Using last years ratio of 5 starters in 7 picks, we can plan on gettting another 7-9 serious contributers, I'd guess a WR and a DB among them.  Idzik appears to be the real deal, building throught he draft, not giving big contracts to aging players while sticking to his value assessment of players.  

Who are you rooting for to win the starting QB job, Vick or Smith?  Are you hoping that they get Jackson on the roster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: For Texas Pat Only

Go to the Jets site and post something like this... is this too much for your limited IQ to understand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go to the Jets site and post something like this... is this too much for your limited IQ to understand.

[/QUOTE]

Are you Texas Pat? No? Where is he then? He loves Jets news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey TP.  I know you love those Jets.  I thought I'd keep you up to date on the the Jets additional draft picks.  They Jets have four additinal comp picks in the draft, giving them 12 picks in the deepest draft in 25 years.  Using last years ratio of 5 starters in 7 picks, we can plan on gettting another 7-9 serious contributers, I'd guess a WR and a DB among them.  Idzik appears to be the real deal, building throught he draft, not giving big contracts to aging players while sticking to his value assessment of players.  

Who are you rooting for to win the starting QB job, Vick or Smith?  Are you hoping that they get Jackson on the roster?

[/QUOTE]

Exclusionary!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exclusionary!

[/QUOTE]

Cute pic. Sorry though, doesn't apply here. The jets do indeed have 12 picks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So glad I am not a Jets fan.  Has to be tough. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clueless aren't you. Pat has been a Pats suppoter long before you arrived here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Pretty sad when you are EXPECTING draft picks (Comp picks at that) to be starters...............doesn't say much for that JV roster................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

..................and when it comes to you......we are ALL TexasPat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Took another wrong turn at the keyboard, MileHigh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am texas pat

... I am texas pat

... ... I am sparta... texas pat...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey Mike...are you really a Jet fan? I thought that you were a Broncos troll. Or...do you turn Bronco fan only during the play-offs, since we both know that the Jets aren't a playoff team. Incidently, I watched the SB again last night, and guess what? The Broncos still got creamed, 43-8...LOL!!!

But, if you'd like to discuss the NY Football Jets, that's fine. Yes, I realize that the Jets have a dozen picks in the upcoming draft. But, what's to fear, or cheer, over that? The Jets drafts post 2007 have been awful...which is why they are now rebuilding. Here's a list of draft busts for the Jets over the past few years:

1.) 2013: They squandered the 9th overall pick on CB Dee Milliner, who appears to be headed to Bustville. Ditto Gino Smith at #39...who Idzig has so much faith in, that he paid 34 year old QB Ron Mexico $5mil. to replace him. OG Brian Winters, #72 overall, was good enough to beat out draft bust Vlad Ducasse, but is an average player at best. The rest of the clowns the Jets drafted were worthless. BUT...I'll give credit where credit is due. The Jets stole Tampa Bay's 13th overall pick in the Darrelle Revis trade, and used it to select stud DT Sheldon Richardson who, if healthy, should become a perrenial pro-bowl player;

2.) 2012: The jury is still out on the Jets #1 pick in 2012, DE Quinton Couples (16th overall). Second rounder (43rd overall selection), WR Stephen Hill, is a Bust, and has been released. Third rounder (77th overall), LB DeMario Davis, has played in every Jets game since drafted, and could continue to develop into a decent player. Sixth rounder (187th overall) safety Josh Bush looks like practice fodder. The Jets made a good selection with their 242nd overall pick, in drafting SS Antonio Allen. I don't know if he'll pan out as a dependable player, but I love his size (6'1", 220 pounds), and wanted the Patriots to select him with a late round pick. WR Jordan White was a Hail Mary at pick #244;

3.) 2011: Jets hit a homerun with their #1 pick (30th overall), DT/DE Muhammad Wilkerson. This kid is a stud, who I wanted the Patriots to use their 28th overall pick on, that year. But, the Pats did okay, trading their pick to New Orleans for picks that they used to select RB Shane Vereen, and DE Chandler Jones. Despite their selection of Wilkerson, the rest of their draft was a total waste;

4.) 2010: This draft was a complete disaster for your Jets. Top pick CB Kyle Wilson (29th overall) is hanging on to a job by a thread, while the three other players that the Jets selected with the 61st (Vlad Ducasse), 112th (Joe McKnight), amd 139th overall picks (Fb John Connor) are gone, and forgetten;

5.) 2009: The Jets practically used their entire draft to move up to pick #5 overall, to select the dear departed "Sanchize". Though not a bad game manager when healthy and surrounded by talent, his signature play as a pro will always be the "Butt Fumble", which finished him in NY. Third round pick (65th overall), RB Shonn Greene had a couple of okay years, before heading into Bustville. OG Matt Slauson (193rd overall) is starting ar OG for them, and has been a solid player;  

6.) 2008: Another complete disaster, thanks primarily to the unforgivable, unforgettable Bust that is DE Vernon Gholston. TE Dustin Keller (30th overall) might have had a very good career, if not derailed by injuries. CB Dwight Lowery (113th overall) played a little, primarily bacause the Jets had no one else...while the remaining sad selections weren't even worthy of being practice fodder;

Though I tend to agree with the philosophy of building through the draft, the Jets always seem to get caught between trying to buy a team to compete with the Patriots through free agency, and by patiently building through the draft. Continued QB woes will put the pressure on Idzig to have a great draft this year. If not, he'll continue to see his team fall further behind the Pats, and perhaps even the 'Fins and Bills as well.        

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Either way......Smith or Vick doesn't matter with Revis and Browner now in the Pats backfield. If you're a Jets fan enjoy this time right now before the season starts because for now you have hope.....not much but some.

When the season starts you'll have none

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Hey.. is that you meadow girl?

... see, good teams do rebuild by using the draft as well as trades and FA. And the draft is important meadow. we are all proud that you know that. very good. but you should start to understand a little more now. for example, it is harder for rookies to start on good teams because those teams already have good players. so it is sure exciting for you that you will have a LOT of new starters this year. but it also means your team sucks meadow...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Either way......Smith or Vick doesn't matter with Revis and Browner now in the Pats backfield. If you're a Jets fan enjoy this time right now before the season starts because for now you have hope.....not much but some.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Sam! How've you've been! Long time, no hear!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Prediction for the Jets:  6 -10  (Giving them the benefit of the doubt)

Prediction for the Pats: 12 - 4 (Underplaying what I expect)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which makes it no different from any other season when the Jets awarded themselves the Lombardi Trophy before rookie camp started.

They'll be back up in Cortland NY for minicamp again so I get to go walk around with my Pats gear on and listen to all their fans bring up the Giants. Always good for laugh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

So glad I am not a Jets fan.  Has to be tough. 

Not really. I live in upstate NY and any conversation with a Jets fan always ends up with them talking about the Giants. Jets fans always have a backup team. A few seasons ago everyone was wearing Bills shirts in September, Jets shirts by Thanksgiving and Giants shirts by Christmas. Last year they gave up and just wore Yankees shirts. I think people up here change their team affiliations more often than their underwear.

And no I have no proof of that and do not plan on researching it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

JUMPING THE SHARK RIGHT NOW BUSTCHISE...JUST LIKE THE FONZ?...

I TOLD YOU SO....THEY ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE

PLAY NICE

LONG LIVE RON MEXICO!!!!!!!!

OLE'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

[/QUOTE]

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU TROLLS!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

SMELLYMEL[LWLOSER].... there he goes again STINKING up another Tread

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TURDMANNNNNNNNNNN...lmao.......@U

I know they allow all day drinking of Vodka at your alma mater, Captain Billy's Tugboat College, but try to sleep it off....you'll scare your hamsters...:)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like Spartacus?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TURDMANNNNNNNNNNN...lmao.......@U

I know they allow all day drinking of Vodka at your alma mater, Captain Billy's Tugboat College, but try to sleep it off....you'll scare your hamsters...:)

[/QUOTE]

SMELLY....still STINKING up the Board with your WORDS AND YOUR PRESENCE

Sections
Shortcuts