For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS

"Well (laughs), to be honest, me and Jimmy, we talked before the play even started and the Slater receiver we were like, well we haven't seen him all game and all of a sudden they were at the 50-yard line, we knew they had to take a shot [downfield at some point], ?so as soon as they hiked the ball I took off running and Jimmy tried to trail the guy and I went up to get the pick"

Tom Brady is at a serious disadvantage when a functional illiterate like Bernard Pollard can figure out what we are going to do based on O'Briens personnel groupings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS

Not only was O'Brien bad on that...BB could have called something else...he went with it.  It was so predictable and just awful on every level. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Was Brady brainwashed to throw to Slater, or was another receiver on a route as another option. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

BB doesn't call plays. Ever.

Yeah, as soon as I saw him out there, pretty much everyone knew what was coming. OCCASSIONALLY I have seen Slater out there and they run it, but more often than not, it's a deep ball to Slater when he's on the field.

Ever since OBrien had his much publicized "discussion" with Brady on the sideline, it's almost been as if he's trying to prove how awesome he is before taking over at Penn St:

-There was the following week, maybe the one after, when he was in an offensive huddle ripping EVERYONE, and it seemed totally contrived.

-Play calling too often has seemingly been more about looking good, than winning, and the pass to Slater exemplifies this perfectly.

-BJGE was running the ball effectively all game, but would go whole drives where Woodhead would be the only back on the field as the attack went pass-crazy.

-1st and 10 with 2+ to go, and they throw it. Then throw it again on 3rd, incomplete, and have to punt.

And it's not like Brady was having a good game...or even a decent one. He was off many times. Had he been carving up the defense, I would have no problem with those throws, but they had been RUNNING the ball effectively and the Ravens were doing a good job in pass coverage.

Going from Weis-McDaniels-OBrien to me, was too fast to be able to effectively promote from within. I haven't ever liked the offense under OBrien, and I will be very pleased for him and his new job at Penn St. McDaniels was too green to leave, and I think another 2-3 years here, and he WILL be ready to run his own team, and the offense should improve.

Any chance they let OBrien leave now and just let McDaniels game plan for 2 weeks? no? Ok, I know it was a long shot. I just fear watching Brady and the O beat their heads against a wall trying to throw all game, in a close game, and losing...much the same as happened last time, when the run is a viable option.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]Was Brady brainwashed to throw to Slater, or was another receiver on a route as another option. 
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

Brainwashed. 90% of the time Slater is on the field, it's a designed deep throw. MOST passing routes are predicated on 'options' in the NE offense, but not with Slater. He doesn't run outs. He doesn't run ins. He doesn't run fades. He doesn't run comebacks. He runs flys and posts, usually posts as it's a better use of his speed.

So, while I get your point, I don't agree. It was a bad play call first and foremost. A bad decision no doubt as well, but bad design had them dead in the water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Welker was wide open for 8 plus YAC on that play. Gronk had steps too. Yes, O'Brien called a bad call, but Brady only had eyes for Slater.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think all threads should focus on hate focused on the New York Giants - at least until 5 February.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]"Well (laughs), to be honest, me and Jimmy, we talked before the play even started and the Slater receiver we were like, well we haven't seen him all game and all of a sudden they were at the 50-yard line , we knew they had to take a shot [downfield at some point], ?so as soon as they hiked the ball I took off running and Jimmy tried to trail the guy and I went up to get the pick" Tom Brady is at a serious disadvantage when a functional illiterate like Bernard Pollard can figure out what we are going to do based on O'Briens personal groupings. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I agree. Its the same across the board, the personnel groupings are apparent to the opposing defense. We have that Steelers mentality that "we do what we do" see if you can stop it. I hate that.

I read that article and thought the exact same thing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]"Well (laughs), to be honest, me and Jimmy, we talked before the play even started and the Slater receiver we were like, well we haven't seen him all game and all of a sudden they were at the 50-yard line , we knew they had to take a shot [downfield at some point], ?so as soon as they hiked the ball I took off running and Jimmy tried to trail the guy and I went up to get the pick" Tom Brady is at a serious disadvantage when a functional illiterate like Bernard Pollard can figure out what we are going to do based on O'Briens personnel groupings. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    ========================
    +1

True, that play was bad.  But the worst thing is the OC-ing has been bad all season.  Players not used, players over used, balance not employed, predictable plays called, plays that work are not repeated, plays that don't work are repeated.  O'Brien bizarro world. 

Thing is: Brady, Welker, Gronk and, to a lesser extent, Hernandez, are enough to beat most teams even with a moron OC.  But in AFC Championship Games, it matters. We won because the Raven's offense is not very good, and because our defense played a solid game, and because their kicker blew-it.  

Sure wish we did'nt have to this O'Brien liability going into the Super Bowl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS : I'm sure you would have hated Slater catching the pass for a TD. Hypocrite.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that.

Yes, actually, I for one, wasn't happy regardless of the outcome.

Best case scenario: TD.

So you give the ball back to Balt with about 7 mins left and a ten point lead. Regardless of the lead, that's far too much time to be TRYING to give the ball back to the other team.

As I said, it seems they want to look good first while making a good play. You know what a solid, good, productive call would have been? Off left guard to BJGE. Get the clock moving, hopefully get some yards behind Light and Mankins, and move on to second down. How risky would that be? BJGE fumble much? No gain? Oh well, 2nd and 10.

The call was too much risk for too little reward, and almost helped to cost them the game.

What are we celebrating? "Mission Accomplished" Georgie?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You F@&CKING spelled apologist wrong!  Come on, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's the abc with a checkmark RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TEXT INPUT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]You F@&CKING spelled apologist wrong!  Come on, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's the abc with a checkmark RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TEXT INPUT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                         
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

lol, Somehow my wife broke the "P" key on this laptop.  There is just the little white nub to hit and unfortunately sometimes I miss it and in this case I double hit it.  Funny thing is, spell check doesn't check title line or I would of caught it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS

In Response to For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]"Well (laughs), to be honest, me and Jimmy, we talked before the play even started and the Slater receiver we were like, well we haven't seen him all game and all of a sudden they were at the 50-yard line , we knew they had to take a shot [downfield at some point], ?so as soon as they hiked the ball I took off running and Jimmy tried to trail the guy and I went up to get the pick" Tom Brady is at a serious disadvantage when a functional illiterate like Bernard Pollard can figure out what we are going to do based on O'Briens personnel groupings. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Exactly. We don't use Slater since the last deep ball during pre-season. Anyone could a smelled that play coming.

B'OB better not make anymore dumbcalls. Hope JMcD is on the sidelines for the SB and not in a booth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]You F@&CKING spelled apologist wrong!  Come on, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's the abc with a checkmark RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TEXT INPUT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                         
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

LOL, hilarious

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Welker was wide open for 8 plus YAC on that play. Gronk had steps too. Yes, O'Brien called a bad call, but Brady only had eyes for Slater.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

that was almost as bad as the play call. it looked like nobody even covered welker and gronk had his guy beat and could have taken it for a big gain. it may have been the worst play of the year both play calling and decision.. can't do that against the giants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

B'OB should have sent Slater out for short passes first before thrying to use him for the deep ball, he could have sold it better.

But was more stoopid about the whole thing is, we just got a big INT. And he wants to go for the big play when we should have kept running on the Crows slow LBs, chewed up alot of clock and got the TD.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]B'OB should have sent Slater out for short passes first before thrying to use him for the deep ball, he could have sold it better. But was more stoopid about the whole thing is, we just got a big INT. And he wants to go for the big play when we should have kept running on the Crows slow LBs, chewed up alot of clock and got the TD.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

^

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umfold. Show Umfold's posts

We've averaged 36 points in our last ten games. They're doing something right.

"Apologists" - Give me a break, ref.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

An interesting tactic against the Giants might be to rotate Slater and Ocho, and have them run deep patterns - many times.  If one of our WRs can take 2 DBs out of play - great - more room for our TEs and Welker.  We don't use our WRs anyway, might as well use as a decoy.   Maybe next year when doofus is out of the picture.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Bad game for O Brien--Really needs to step up in SB---CMon, all that running at the Goal line with the best QB of all time and a Ravens defense great at stopping the run? Pats should run ONLY to keep the pass rush honest!!!! Pats also need to extend their  pass routes 5-10 yards further down the field---G Men will be clogging first 10 yards off scrimmage---GO PATS!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

this is interesting now after reading Pollards comments, because really all Slater does is the long bomb routes, and not all that sucessful.

At the time I was in agreement with the play selection . they were playing with "house money " after the interception!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Appologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS : lol, Somehow my wife broke the "P" key on this laptop.  There is just the little white nub to hit and unfortunately sometimes I miss it and in this case I double hit it.  Funny thing is, spell check doesn't check title line or I would of caught it.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

i gotta remember that excuse the next time I butcher words....lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: For the Apologists, Definitive proof that O'Brien SUCKS:
    [QUOTE]this is interesting now after reading Pollards comments, because really all Slater does is the long bomb routes, and not all that sucessful. At the time I was in agreement with the play selection . they were playing with "house money " after the interception!
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a gamble....but in reality they wasted excellent field position - and if they hadn't been so "greedy" for instant gratification - they could have actually put the game away buy methodically marching down the field and scoring a TD.

Sections
Shortcuts