For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC:
    [QUOTE]And now for the infinite NEP fan whine - (with sniffles please) "How come Dungy is revered but Belichick isn't?"
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

dogg..   wouldn't you say that "revered" and "respected" are two different feelings? 

Dungy is a very outgoing person, media friendly and is a "people person".  Folks like that are revered for that reason as being someone you can approach without fear and is very open about himself and his beliefs.  Nothing wrong with that.

Belichick, on the other hand, is very business like, not a media darling in which he is all smiles and giggles and keeps things very private about his private life.  He is respected for his football coaching skills, as is Dungy.

These two men are different personalities and both appear to be well like by their piers and friends.  Seems to me that any disdain or whatever dislikes occur against these two men appear to be more fan driven, folks who have never met these men personally and have opinions based on one or two events. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]PMike - Maybe I am just a dumba*s because I am not trying to be elusive, and maybe I just don't communicate well.  My contention is pretty simple.  Most of the pats fans here want to bash Dungy.  And frequently it is read by me as nothing but pure jealousy.  There is a sense here that Dungy gets revered by the general public while Belichick gets blasted and it is incomprehensible to the pats fan.  BDC'rs offer up the notion that Dungy is publicly revered (which he is) every time you complain about Dungy's positive public persona as if it were almost at the expense of Belichicks.  The funniest thing about this to me is that Belichick could give 2 sh*ts about this.  At least that how he projects himself.  So why should a pats fan care? Revered was my word.  No one else used it, and if that is what you meant by slippery, my apologies.  Revered is the word that comes to my mind when pissed off people here describe the public persona of Dungy.    Its as if Pats fans here somehow think Dungy's postive perception is at the expense of Belichick.  Now granted, a couple of years ago at the height of spygate, ESPN's TMQ did to the Angel and Devil thing, but this was one writer.  You guys act like Dungy is the married televangelist caught cheating with another woman.   This is unreviewed so it may be a mess but I have a meeting to catch.

I'm a little confused as to why you didn't respond to anything I actually said and reverted to your "people here seem to think" and "public opinion appears to be" takes.

I live almost 2,000 miles from New England and I can tell you from live, walking-around conversations with people who actually exist on the planet that Belichick is far and away the most respected football coach in an area that has included such luminaries as . . . .

umm . . .

Hayden Fry?

Okay, so maybe that's not such a good argument.  But it's as good an argument as you saying Dungy is "revered" simply because that's the perspective you get from ESPN and WKORN. I could cite as many examples of media that "revile," rather than "rever," Dungy  . . .   for no better reason than his book (or his God) isn't selling in that particular geographic (or demographic -- if you prefer).

I guess more than anything, what's exasperating about discussing existentials is that you like specifics when they support you, but you seem to prefer generalities when you're not sure.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

The headline would be more appropriate without the plural form of lover.  I could really care less about any athlete/coach/team owner of any team not named the Patriots or Red Sox, this is the reason why I come to this msg board (and work outlawed all others...)  I freely admit I am a homer and proud to be.

In real life, how many people can say they know how these athletes/coaches/team owners are outside of how they are portrayed in the media?  It is all an act or front they put on for appearances.

I would not be surprised if a revelation came through that BB or TD walks on water in his spare time or kills kittens.  I really don't care about what he does in his personal life, so long as I am entertained by the product on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"And frequently it is read by me as nothing but pure jealousy" - Underdogg

Are you kidding? If you think anyone in Patriot Nation is jealous of The Colts or Dungy you are a lot dumber then many of us thought. We have dominated the NFL for the last decade and not only won more titles then Dungy but played in more big games then Dungy. People dont like him cause we would rather every head coach act like Belichick. Be a football coach and nothing more and Dungy is all the things most of us hate. Oh and he is an overated p*ssy who only gets the credit he gets cause 1) he is a black head coach and 2) he had Manning running the offense. If he never went to Indy he would have been out of teh league years ago. We see more jealous tools on this forum then any other fan forum ( I am guessing) so dont try and swing it on us and say we are jealous. not jealous just dont like that p*ssy Tony Dungy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No -- Ochkilla

He's right

We're jealous of the one Super Bowl they one in the rain over the indomitable Rex Grossman and umm . . .

ya know . . .

the . . . like . . . .

yeah . . .

The bears.

Jealous.

Yup.

That's what I am.

mmm hmmm

Nailed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]PMike - Maybe I am just a dumba*s because I am not trying to be elusive, and maybe I just don't communicate well.  My contention is pretty simple.  Most of the pats fans here want to bash Dungy.  And frequently it is read by me as nothing but pure jealousy.  There is a sense here that Dungy gets revered by the general public while Belichick gets blasted and it is incomprehensible to the pats fan.  BDC'rs offer up the notion that Dungy is publicly revered (which he is) every time you complain about Dungy's positive public persona as if it were almost at the expense of Belichicks.  The funniest thing about this to me is that Belichick could give 2 sh*ts about this.  At least that how he projects himself.  So why should a pats fan care? Revered was my word.  No one else used it, and if that is what you meant by slippery, my apologies.  Revered is the word that comes to my mind when pissed off people here describe the public persona of Dungy.    Its as if Pats fans here somehow think Dungy's postive perception is at the expense of Belichick.  Now granted, a couple of years ago at the height of spygate, ESPN's TMQ did to the Angel and Devil thing, but this was one writer.  You guys act like Dungy is the married televangelist caught cheating with another woman.   This is unreviewed so it may be a mess but I have a meeting to catch.

Not that PMike's comments need augmenting, for he has eloquently laid out his thoughts, but I would add that what I find objectionable about Tony Dungy is the holier than thou platform that he is held up on by nearly every media sycophant, which he readily embraces. While I will acknowledge that you can't universally hold a man responsible for the acts of his children, I would say that for most public figures the situation regarding Dungy's son and Dungy's more recent reputation for superior moral character would be the subject of much scrutiny and potential ridicule.

Also, I didn't appreciate Dungy's superior posturing regarding the issue with Belicheck's filming program. Tony Dungy certainly had the option of keeping silent during that episode of overblown yellow journalism. He instead chose to enhance his questionable reputation of moral superiority at Belicheck's expense

I think any Patriot fan has the right to scorn Tony Dungy on that basis alone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]"You'll have to find something else to bash Dungy about." -Underdogg This wont be hard Underdogg since Dungy is the biggest p*ssy in all of pro sports. Vick was just the latest thing he did to get us going but it was not teh first and it wont be the last. He cant keep his face out of the media so Im sure he will be "saving" Plaxico in no time. But even if he doesnt he is still a giant puss puss so we wont have a hard time bashing him so dont worry about it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This coming from a no-name little-league coach who hasn't achieved anything of national or even local community significance is revealing isnt it?  How does anyone sound upstairs in the head think of another well known person who has actually ACHIEVED SOMETHING as a p*ssy. Who is the P*ssy? The achiever or the nincompoop?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Nincompoop smack?

Ocho -- I hate to say it, but I think he's got you.

Unless, of course you . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]"And frequently it is read by me as nothing but pure jealousy" - Underdogg Are you kidding? If you think anyone in Patriot Nation is jealous of The Colts or Dungy you are a lot dumber then many of us thought. We have dominated the NFL for the last decade and not only won more titles then Dungy but played in more big games then Dungy. People dont like him cause we would rather every head coach act like Belichick. Be a football coach and nothing more and Dungy is all the things most of us hate. Oh and he is an overated p*ssy who only gets the credit he gets cause 1) he is a black head coach and 2) he had Manning running the offense. If he never went to Indy he would have been out of teh league years ago. We see more jealous tools on this forum then any other fan forum ( I am guessing) so dont try and swing it on us and say we are jealous. not jealous just dont like that p*ssy Tony Dungy.

Ah the racist comes out again? Anything a blackman does, he does BECAUSE he is black. If he is nasty, he is nasty because he is black. If he does very well, he gets recognized ONLY because he is black. How about his records? What exactly has Dungy done that "represents all things most of us hate" And who is US? So in your view a good coach should have no other civic responsibilities and if he does, then he is to be hated. You started this nonsens* and always ties your hatred to his race.   How shameful and retarded is that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Did I say I was a better coach then him? Or that I have more talent? No I didnt you D bag what I said is he is a p*ssy and that is backed up by his coaching history. I have been through this with Underdogg so he knows exactly why I say he is a p*ssy and I have good reasons because i actully know the game well enough to make such a statement. But you are right everyone on this plannet who has not acheived the same amount of success as the people they talk about should not be allowed to express their own thoughts. So all teh people in the media should be forced to quit their jobs because why should Bob Kostas be able to talk about sports if he never suceeded in playing sports? Your logic is re tarded and you are re tarded but nice try tool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Call me what you want to call me I am not racist I just call them as I see them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly don't care what Dungy did/does with Vick.  Even though he was a Colts Coach, he still remains one of the classiest, smartest, and greatest coaches in the NFL.  I have nothing but pure respect for Tony Dungy.  
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Titletownfan on this one. Tony Dungy is a class Act!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC : Not that PMike's comments need augmenting, for he has eloquently laid out his thoughts, but I would add that what I find objectionable about Tony Dungy is the holier than thou platform that he is held up on by nearly every media sycophant, which he readily embraces. While I will acknowledge that you can't universally hold a man responsible for the acts of his children, I would say that for most public figures the situation regarding Dungy's son and Dungy's more recent reputation for superior moral character would be the subject of much scrutiny and potential ridicule. Also, I didn't appreciate Dungy's superior posturing regarding the issue with Belicheck's filming program. Tony Dungy certainly had the option of keeping silent during that episode of overblown yellow journalism. He instead chose to enhance his questionable reputation of moral superiority at Belicheck's expense I think any Patriot fan has the right to scorn Tony Dungy on that basis alone.
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Look! In all fairness, facts are facts. BB broke the rules and so he will and did attract scorn and criticism from other coaches. The citicism was simply b'cos he has been unusually succesfull in a sport where success of that nature is rare. After spygate every team that lost to the PATS suddenly "wondered' if there was a tape of them somewhere which was fuelled in large part by Arlene Specter and the press.

If you will hate Dungy for his comments, then hate Jeff Fisher of the titans who actually said "NOT ALL OF US CHEAT" at an owners meeting after that season. Other coaches chimed in as well, but we almost never hear anything about them. Its aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways Dungy. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways dungy. Give the guy a break!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats true archie but in the defense of teh BDC crowd if guys like Underdogg didnt bring him up or chime in people wouldnt bring him up as much. And hopefully over time now that he has retired people will stop talking about him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]Did I say I was a better coach then him? Or that I have more talent? No I didnt you D bag what I said is he is a p*ssy and that is backed up by his coaching history. I have been through this with Underdogg so he knows exactly why I say he is a p*ssy and I have good reasons because i actully know the game well enough to make such a statement. But you are right everyone on this plannet who has not acheived the same amount of success as the people they talk about should not be allowed to express their own thoughts. So all teh people in the media should be forced to quit their jobs because why should Bob Kostas be able to talk about sports if he never suceeded in playing sports? Your logic is re tarded and you are re tarded but nice try tool.

Rubbish! A fair-minded, secured and balanced individual always acknowledges success and discusses difficulties. They don't call names. How many times have you heard costas or any sportscaster call anyone a dispicable names like p*ssy?.

If you know the game enough as you claim you do, then why are you so focused on Dungy? I could name you close to 20 coaches in the league that havent had much success like Dungy. Why pick on Dungy? And why always talk about his race?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]Did I say I was a better coach then him?

That is actually my point. An old adage says "age is respected, achievement is revered". Thats why we are enamored with sports personalities who are good at what they do! But now, a no-name little-league coach wants to call a coach of a major Franchise p*ssy. Does anyone see the irony?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What is wrong with calling him a p*ssy?

Listen this is why I say he is a p*ssy

1) He would rather be your father figure then your head coach

2) He was responsble for the Tampa Two defense which IMO is a soft a ss defense that only soft a ss teams run. Thats just what I think. I have studied defense since i was about 9 years old and I love it. More then anything i love teh defense and Dungy to me is a joke.

3) He was brought into Indy to fix the D. He had nothing to do with how good Manning was or how good that offense was he was sopossed to fix that defense and yet year in and year out his defense s ucked. He had years and years to draft and build that D in the form he wanted or needed to win and yet his D was teh weak link every year. Why? Because he is a p*ssy. I would take a Zimmer or and Ryan any day over Dungy.

So its not like I dont have my reasons, now you dont have to agree with me but to me IMO Tony Dungy is a p*ssy and a bad head coach. And he got credit for Peyton Mannings success.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont always talk about his race you are clearly calling me out on my one or two posts where i have talked about his race. I talk about teh guy all the time and i have maybe brought up his race 3 times so thats BS. And I dont think I was being racist when i said that either. This is a prodominatly white league and I think because he is one of few black head coaches he got a lot of extra credit for stuff Peyton Manning was doing. The offense was the best part of his football teams and he was a defensive coach. When you see me call a black man the N word or talk about how badly I want to lynch some black guy then fine call me a racist but when i amke a statement about how someone gets extra attention because he is a black coach in a white league dont lump me in with a bunch of racists. I was being real about it not racist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]What is wrong with calling him a p*ssy? Listen this is why I say he is a p*ssy 1) He would rather be your father figure then your head coach 2) He was responsble for the Tampa Two defense which IMO is a soft a ss defense that only soft a ss teams run. Thats just what I think. I have studied defense since i was about 9 years old and I love it. More then anything i love teh defense and Dungy to me is a joke. 3) He was brought into Indy to fix the D. He had nothing to do with how good Manning was or how good that offense was he was sopossed to fix that defense and yet year in and year out his defense s ucked. He had years and years to draft and build that D in the form he wanted or needed to win and yet his D was teh weak link every year. Why? Because he is a p*ssy. I would take a Zimmer or and Ryan any day over Dungy. So its not like I dont have my reasons, now you dont have to agree with me but to me IMO Tony Dungy is a p*ssy and a bad head coach. And he got credit for Peyton Mannings success.

Same question comes back to you Mr. MVPkilla. If you follow the NFL, you'll know by now that folk who are called offensive or defensive geniuses or gurus have failed at their work. And thats not because they are p*ssies or they dont know what to do, it is because the best defensive or offensive schemes only play out on the field against other HUMAN beings who are determined to not let the fancy schemes work. Secondly, any coach, I dont care who he is, will have to work with the talents he has and a draft may or may not be the answer. BB coached the Jets and cleveland with loosing records. Then he came to NE to a team that was just gelling and won 3 SB with addition of VETERANS FROM OTHER TEAMS. BB has drafted players that went 'pat'-bust like Dungy and we still think he is a genius. So where lies your argument of dungy being p*ssy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I dont always talk about his race you are clearly calling me out on my one or two posts where i have talked about his race. I talk about teh guy all the time and i have maybe brought up his race 3 times so thats BS. And I dont think I was being racist when i said that either. This is a prodominatly white league and I think because he is one of few black head coaches he got a lot of extra credit for stuff Peyton Manning was doing. The offense was the best part of his football teams and he was a defensive coach. When you see me call a black man the N word or talk about how badly I want to lynch some black guy then fine call me a racist but when i amke a statement about how someone gets extra attention because he is a black coach in a white league dont lump me in with a bunch of racists. I was being real about it not racist.

Waow!. Your brain must be chasing its tail like a sick dog. So let me see! you mean the coach was a defensive coach BUT his offense was better than his defense. That makes him a p*ssy. Translation BB must have been the BIGGEST p*SSY on our 18-1 run in 2007 right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I dont always talk about his race you are clearly calling me out on my one or two posts where i have talked about his race. I talk about teh guy all the time and i have maybe brought up his race 3 times so thats BS. And I dont think I was being racist when i said that either. This is a prodominatly white league and I think because he is one of few black head coaches he got a lot of extra credit for stuff Peyton Manning was doing. The offense was the best part of his football teams and he was a defensive coach. When you see me call a black man the N word or talk about how badly I want to lynch some black guy then fine call me a racist but when i amke a statement about how someone gets extra attention because he is a black coach in a white league dont lump me in with a bunch of racists. I was being real about it not racist.

If a team does well, credit does not go to the dogs, it goes to the coach. If a team fails, blame goes to the coach. Period!  Black or white coach is of no significance here. You are the one making it a case for a black coach's success. Guess what that makes you. A RACIST!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike - For clarification 

The only reason you were dragged into this to begin with is because you responded to me and you like to bash Dungy. 

My initial comments about the pats whine were directed at Oscar, who - whether you think in passing or not - was questioning why Dungy gets a media hall pass but BB (as he supposes) would not. 

First, the death of a son and cheating at the profession in which you work are very different things.  Andy Reid did not get raked over the coals for his son's drug convictions.  And given the way the media is hitting Pitino for his indescretion, I'd say Belichick pretty much got a pass for doing the same thing.

Now I did use the word revered and you replied with the bill of goods comment and nothing else (until, of course you elaborated at a later time).  

Because of the flippant bill of goods comment I replied that it was offered up by the very pats fans, like you, who like to bash dungy partially because of his media friendliness that (imo) many here (don't know if it includes you) think Belichick should get.  

That Dungy and Belichick are grilled on the same barbeque should have everything to do with what was done on the football field and nothing that was done off it.  As I said, Belichick would prefer to be left to alone.  That Dungy responds to NFL and Media inquiry (IMO) should not diminish him in the eyes of anyone.  

I admitted that Belichick is a better coach - a flawed coach - who will always have to answer to penchant for Hollywood, but brilliant nonetheless. 

The truth be told, none of this ever really had anything to do with you, except that you reside in the Dungy bashing crowd and wanted to challenge my comments as if they were directed specifically and exclusively at you.  

My feelings and thoughts still stand.  The pats lovers on BDC bash Dungy in part because he is publicly revered in a way that they think Belichick should. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

archie you are so full of sh*t I also said he is a p*ssy for coming up with the p*ssy Tampa Two defense which I stick to cause i hate that style of play. And again call me a racist all you want but i am not racist. Heck I have black friend who agree with me about Dungy so I know what I am saying is not racist. Sorry we are not all super PC but that does not make me a racist. I am not going to waste my time with this. man am I happy I can just hit ignore. peace out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Mike - For clarification    The only reason you were dragged into this to begin with is because you responded to me and you like to bash Dungy.  My initial comments about the pats whine were directed at Oscar, who - whether you think in passing or not - was questioning why Dungy gets a media hall pass but BB (as he supposes) would not.  First, the death of a son and cheating at the profession in which you work are very different things.  Andy Reid did not get raked over the coals for his son's drug convictions.  And given the way the media is hitting Pitino for his indescretion, I'd say Belichick pretty much got a pass for doing the same thing. Now I did use the word revered and you replied with the bill of goods comment and nothing else (until, of course you elaborated at a later time).   Because of the flippant bill of goods comment I replied that it was offered up by the very pats fans, like you, who like to bash dungy partially because of his media friendliness that (imo) many here (don't know if it includes you) think Belichick should get.   That Dungy and Belichick are grilled on the same barbeque should have everything to do with what was done on the football field and nothing that was done off it.  As I said, Belichick would prefer to be left to alone.  That Dungy responds to NFL and Media inquiry (IMO) should not diminish him in the eyes of anyone.   I admitted that Belichick is a better coach - a flawed coach - who will always have to answer to penchant for Hollywood, but brilliant nonetheless.  The truth be told, none of this ever really had anything to do with you, except that you reside in the Dungy bashing crowd and wanted to challenge my comments as if they were directed specifically and exclusively at you.   My feelings and thoughts still stand.  The pats lovers on BDC bash Dungy in part because he is publicly revered in a way that they think Belichick should. 

You say that Bill B got a pass for doing the same thing as Pitino, what I would say is that unlike Pitino and Dungy, Bill B does not advertise himself as a moralist, he is a great football coach, period. That is his job, he is good at it, that's all there is to it.

Andy Reid has never campaigned to be known as a new-age moralist. He coaches football, also very well. The same can't be said for Dungy, hence the incomparability of the two situations.

It is not my perception that Bill Belichek is looking for your, or anyone elses, adulation. He is trying to win football games.

Why post a thread on this site extolling the virtue of Dungy as a humanitarian, then compare him to Belicheck?

PS - I am not bashing Dungy because I think he is getting the media popularity vote over Belichek. I am calling Dungy a hypocrite for his self serving humanitarianism, and suggesting that he first get his own house in order, privately.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

qball - throughout this offseason Dungy has been a frequent topic of discussion with a large contingent here having a problem with the public love that Dungy receives.  Many times Belichick creeps into the conversation of these haters and IMO they sound like jealous whiners thinking Belichick deserves the public love, not Dungy.   

The interesting thing, as I said earlier and you just said as well, is that Belichick does not appear to care one lick about what the public thinks of him.  So my question is why do these people have a problem with Dungy's positive public persona and act as if it is somehow comes at the expense of Belichick's. 

Sections
Shortcuts