For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC

In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC:
    [QUOTE]archie you are so full of sh*t I also said he is a p*ssy for coming up with the p*ssy Tampa Two defense which I stick to cause i hate that style of play. And again call me a racist all you want but i am not racist. Heck I have black friend who agree with me about Dungy so I know what I am saying is not racist. Sorry we are not all super PC but that does not make me a racist. I am not going to waste my time with this. man am I happy I can just hit ignore. peace out.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Am I really full of sh*t or are you the one filled with Racism? You could say plain and simple "COACH Dungy" took credit for Manning and thats fine. But the moment you say (repeatedly) "being the few BLACK coaches.................." you have introduced race into it. Which means that the BLACK/WHITE distinction is IMPORTANT to YOU. Would you think the same if it was a white coach/white QB combo? Normal people just see a COACH and his TEAM. Anyone laboring hard  to create a race distinction in what is a MIXED RACE sport must have a problem with other races. Pure and simple!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]archie you are so full of sh*t I also said he is a p*ssy for coming up with the p*ssy Tampa Two defense which I stick to cause i hate that style of play. And again call me a racist all you want but i am not racist. Heck I have black friend who agree with me about Dungy so I know what I am saying is not racist. Sorry we are not all super PC but that does not make me a racist. I am not going to waste my time with this. man am I happy I can just hit ignore. peace out.

You an irrelevant, no-name kiddie coach hates an NFL-acclaimed defensive play. How nice! If you have a better scheme, why arent you at the National Level?. Dungy made a CONTRIBUTION to the NFL. As you said he CAME-UP with Tampa-2 defense. What have YOU come up with? Afterall you are in the same sport? What have you come up? Nincompoop!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

The most amusing element of in all is the HUGE part the Patriots played in Dungy's lone Super Bowl win in '06. If NE doesn't beat the best team in the NFL that season...the Chargers...in the Divisional, the Colts would've been in San Diego for the AFC title game, rather than hosting the Pats. Maybe they'd have beaten the Chargers on the road, maybe not. I know stopping the run was Indy's weakness and personally, I think Tomlinson & Michael Turner would've run all over those guys, and whoever made it to the Super Bowl was gonna beat Chicago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

What a typical response. 

I've never seen this angle before, but I guess there are just so many times you can say the same thing over and over and over again without changing it up a bit.   

Oscar, you deserve praise for your effort.  At least you didn't go with the "if it weren't for the second half miracle" arguement.  You actually came from an angle that the colts were better than the pats (they did beat the pats twice that year). 

As for the run D - agreed, but that is what the colts improved on dramatically in the playoffs, holding the NFL's second leading rusher, Larry Johnson, to only 44 yards. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I am calling Dungy a hypocrite for his self serving humanitarianism, and suggesting that he first get his own house in order, privately."

It does seem that Dungy is constantly spouting in front of a camera as if he thinks this will camouflage his shortcomings as a parent and guarantee a friendly welcome at the pearly gates of his choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

God Forbid any of you lose a child or loved one (in general) to something as horrible as suicide. 

I, no doubt, believe that Dungy and his wife constantly ask themselves what did they do wrong and how could they have changed things, but they are unanswerable questions. 

That anyone outsider without an ounce of detail about the Dungys' private lives thinks they can armchair quarterback this situation identifies themselves as a pathetic dope without the capacity to think critically. 

If you want to rip apart a coach on message board for running on 3rd down instead of throwing, even though you don't have 1/8th the information the coach who made the call has, so be it.  But doing so with significantly less information about the tragic death of a person makes you shallower than the cape cod surf when the tide is out. 

Further, Dungy's camera time has as much to do with the fact that he was hired by NBC as an analyst as anything.  That he mentored Vick at the request of the league and sought permission from his employer to do so, shows that he is at least sensitive to the issue, which cannot be said for yourself. 

Does it really matter if someone gains noteriety for doing good?  On the face of it, it may seem to diminish the value of the good done.  But I actually think the truth is very different.  Do those helped, care whether or not the do-gooder received noteriety, I don't think so.  All they care about is that they were helped. 

Many here want to pigeonhole Dungy as someone who does charitable work only if the cameras are on.  Those people 1) actually know very little about Dungy and 2) are operating from preconceived agenda of hate. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]"I am calling Dungy a hypocrite for his self serving humanitarianism, and suggesting that he first get his own house in order, privately." It does seem that Dungy is constantly spouting in front of a camera as if he thinks this will camouflage his shortcomings as a parent and guarantee a friendly welcome at the pearly gates of his choice.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree.  Tony Dungy is a self righteous doosh.  He speaks against homosexuals and is a spokesman for some faith based group the Family institute of indiana or something.  

If he knew so much about families, maybe he'd still have a son.  

He doesn't have too much credibility on that topic if you ask me. He should just shut his ignorant mouth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I love the slippery slope from the homosexuality issue to what kind of a father he is.  It shows who the douch'e is.

I can walk and because of this Mars is red.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]I love the slippery slope from the homosexuality issue to what kind of a father he is.  It shows who the douch'e is. I can walk and because of this Mars is red.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I also find it surprising that a black man would endorse any movement that limits the civil rights of another group of American citizens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]"I am calling Dungy a hypocrite for his self serving humanitarianism, and suggesting that he first get his own house in order, privately." It does seem that Dungy is constantly spouting in front of a camera as if he thinks this will camouflage his shortcomings as a parent and guarantee a friendly welcome at the pearly gates of his choice.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

I do not see what proof you haters have for all their assertions about DUNGY. Of all the questions I have asked MVPKILLA, he evades them and comes back with more n*nsense.

Here are some of their reasons for hating him:

1) He is a defensive coach BUT his offense was better than his defense so he is a P*ssy
    2) they just hate the Tampa-2 defense and so he is a p*ssy
    3) They have black friends who agree that Dungy is a p*ssy
    4) he is one of the FEW BLACK coaches and thus is cedited for Mannings performance
    5) He represents what 'most of us hate'-(They can't provide proof or evidence of what he's done wrong)
    6) He comes off as self-serving because of his faith (they cant provide proof)
    7) He stood up for a black qb who did wrong. They maintain that he wouldn't have done the same for a white qb but cant prove it.
    8) Unlike BB who only want to win NFL games, dungy takes on Civic responsibilities, and that is to be hated
    9) His son committed suicde (apparently in response to peer pressure), so he couldn't be that good.

Who are you F*kn retards to expect perfection from any man. Is your world so upside down that the individual who takes on the much needed civic responsibilities rather becomes the evil one compared to one who JUST WANTS TO WIN A GAME?

Sure we Love our teams, but the personalities involved determine their own ways of relating to the public. Some choose to be dour, unengaged and elusive, while others choose to be invloved in solving real life situations because of the lessons life taught them. There is absolutely no reason to project your hatred or in some cases your RACISM through a game! Get a life!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC : I also find it surprising that a black man would endorse any movement that limits the civil rights of another group of American citizens. 
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

My answer to this is that when a black man's religious beliefs take precedent over his civil rights beliefs, then that is what happens. 

Even more surprising might be that the President of the United States supported by those Gay Rights activists asked Dungy to sit on his council for faith based and neighborhood partnerships. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but he is relious first and a black man second. Or at least I think that is what he would say to that remark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Also Ltown, dont mention that Dungy is a black man or else someone might call you a racist.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]Also Ltown, dont mention that Dungy is a black man or else someone might call you a racist.

Nonsens*. You can use the word as long as it is not of a derogatory posture. There is nothing wrong with saying blackman or whiteman or indian or Chinese. Once you tie it to ability or suggest that they are only gaining recognition purely as a favor to their race, then it is wrong! Learn to use your head!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

I just don't like anyone who stands on a platform of family values and preaches discrimination.   Especially when it's coming from a Black American. 

He campaigned publically to make gay marriage illegal. 

We have a seperation of church and state in this country.  It's one of the cornerstones of our constitution.  Campaigns to create laws, based on faith, that exclude the civil rights of other citizens who don't share the same religious belief, is unconstitutional.  To then try to sell it as family values, is not only unamerican, but they are also hateful and disengenuous.  

And once again, the very fact that a Black American, given all that blacks have endured throughout our history to win equal rights, would campaign to limit the civil rights of other americans bases on such superficial and unconstitutional nonsense, only tells me, that Dungy is a self-righteous doosh.

I don't like the guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't like anyone who stands on a platform of family values and preaches discrimination.   Especially when it's coming from a Black American.  He campaigned publically to make gay marriage illegal.  We have a seperation of church and state in this country.  It's one of the cornerstones of our constitution.  Campaigns to create laws, based on faith, that exclude the civil rights of other citizens who don't share the same religious belief, is unconstitutional.  To then try to sell it as family values, is not only unamerican, but they are also hateful and disengenuous.   And once again, the very fact that a Black American, given all that blacks have endured throughout our history to win equal rights, would campaign to limit the civil rights of other americans bases on such superficial and unconstitutional nonsense, only tells me, that Dungy is a self-righteous doosh. I don't like the guy.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

Ltown, religion as a whole has a way of blinding people to reality until they are in have to make a life-changing decision. Does anybody recall Ron Reagan campainging for John Kerry on the platform of stem cell research. Yet his dad the president was a staunch opponent of stem cell research. They finally came to a realization of the kind of nonsens8 religion imposes on developement and kicked against it to the chagrin of the Republican party.

So sure, we should take issue with any disposition (religious or civil) that precludes others from enjoying their civil liberties. Although I wont use that word, we could even HATE them for it. The caution is to not attach their personalities or their race as some people seem to prefer. It turns the whole discussion upside down on its head because arguments for and against is based on personalities rather than on substance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont like the guy either, I dont like the way he coached I dont like the schemes he coached i dont like the kind of players he drafted I dont like him for all the same reasons you just listed. I to am baffeled that a balck man would deny anyone their right to get hitched. But he would say its his beleafs that drive him and not his skin tone. But we are spending a bt too much time talking about race, we dont want to upset the kiddies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the Dungy Lovers @ BDC : Ltown, religion as a whole has a way of blinding people to reality until they are in have to make a life-changing decision. Does anybody recall Ron Reagan campainging for John Kerry on the platform of stem cell research. Yet his dad the president was a staunch opponent of stem cell research. They finally came to a realization of the kind of nonsens8 religion imposes on developement and kicked against it to the chagrin of the Republican party. So sure, we should take issue with any disposition (religious or civil) that precludes others from enjoying their civil liberties. Although I wont use that word, we could even HATE them for it. The caution is to not attach their personalities or their race as some people seem to prefer. It turns the whole discussion upside down on its head because arguments for and against is based on personalities rather than on substance.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

I hear you, and I don't want to waste too much time on this either, I came here to talk sports, but I think when you talk about Dungy, the mention of race is relevant.  
    He's old enough to have experienced segregation and jim crow laws.  Now he campaigns to deny civil rights to others.   Makes no sense. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Yea but he is relious first and a black man second. Or at least I think that is what he would say to that remark.
    Um - I think that is what I said.  Are you repeating me?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Very valid point Ltown. The guy is old enough to remember what it was like to not have the same rights as other Americans but yet has no issue with making sure gays cant get hitched the same as anyone else. I have never liked Dungy, and for many reasons but it is stuff like this and his appointment by George W. that really made it easy to use the word hate when talking about Dungy. I truely hate that man and I dont have a problem saying that. Some will try and say the hate comes from jealousy but thats not the case, that man has never done a thing worht being jealous over. IMO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I dont like the guy either, I dont like the way he coached I dont like the schemes he coached i dont like the kind of players he drafted I dont like him for all the same reasons you just listed. I to am baffeled that a balck man would deny anyone their right to get hitched. But he would say its his beleafs that drive him and not his skin tone. But we are spending a bt too much time talking about race, we dont want to upset the kiddies.

That makes you a happy PATS fan doesnt it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Very valid point Ltown. The guy is old enough to remember what it was like to not have the same rights as other Americans but yet has no issue with making sure gays cant get hitched the same as anyone else. I have never liked Dungy, and for many reasons but it is stuff like this and his appointment by George W. that really made it easy to use the word hate when talking about Dungy. I truely hate that man and I dont have a problem saying that. Some will try and say the hate comes from jealousy but thats not the case, that man has never done a thing worht being jealous over. IMO

Obama - tried to appoint him too.  Does that make it harder to use the word hate to describe Dungy?  I know you are an Obama fan.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Not really, I liked Obama when I voted for him but not so much since then. I dont tie myself down by picking sides so I am not all over teh Obama Train. I was one teh first people i knew to say that he wopuld win the elcection and i supported him while most people i knew supported clinton and then he won and ever since he has done jack sh*t so I am on the fence about Obama as it is. But he did work with George W. and I hate that man more then Dungy so on that fact alone it made it easy to hate Dungy. I hated him anyways but it just added to the pile of reasons I hate the guy. And just so we are clear i hate the guy but i rarely ever bring up his dead son so dont lump me in. I hate the guy but i understand its not ok to go there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

So much to comment on here!

BB coached the Jets and cleveland with loosing records. Then he came to NE to a team that was just gelling and won 3 SB with addition of VETERANS FROM OTHER TEAMS.

Belichick never coached the Jests. He was appointed coach by Parcells when the Tuna stepped down, and resigned the next day. In Cleveland he had started to turn the team around, then Modell decided to move to Baltimore and the whole team went down the tubes. He also never had the support of ownership in Cleveland like he does in NE. As far as the Patriots "just gelling" when he took over, give me a break! They went to the Super Bowl after the 96 season. In 97 they went 10-6, in 98 9-7, and in 99 8-8. That seems more of a slide than a team who is on the brink of making a move! In Bill's first year they went 5-11. He did bring in some FAs in 01, but the main players in their Super Bowl run that season were Brady, Law, and McGinest (not to mention Troy Brown). All of those players were drafted by NE. Please get your facts straight before posting!

My feelings and thoughts still stand.  The pats lovers on BDC bash Dungy in part because he is publicly revered in a way that they think Belichick should. 

I suppose some of them do. But there are plenty of other reasons people here like to bash Tony. IMO, one of the biggest ones is the fact that you keep coming here singing his praises! For myself, my "dislike" stems solely from his being (or rather having been) the coach of our most heated rival. Personally I think what he's doing in jails, and especially with juvinile offenders is commendable. Although I have to agree he does get a bit too much "limelight" for my tastes.

But the moment you say (repeatedly) "being the few BLACK coaches.................." you have introduced race into it. Which means that the BLACK/WHITE distinction is IMPORTANT to YOU.

Before you started accusing him of being racist he only mentioned the fact Dungy was black once. He simply stated that the fact he was the first black coach to win a Super Bowl garnered a lot of media attention. And he never said that was improper. He merely stated his belief that he got a little more credit tan he thought he deserved (not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with this statement) due to his race. You were the one who grabbed the "race card" and started running with it. As we see too often, a mere mention of skin color is enough for some (like you) to immediately brand someone a racist. To me, that in itself is a bit racist.

Many here want to pigeonhole Dungy as someone who does charitable work only if the cameras are on.  Those people 1) actually know very little about Dungy and 2) are operating from preconceived agenda of hate. 

I don't know if I'd say "many". Sure, there are some who believe this. I think more of us are simply tired of the media constantly putting him up on a pedestal. And you do have a point about comparisons to Belichick. It's frustrating when some people get the press only for the good things they do, yet others only seem to get noticed for the negative. But you have to realize that you are also fueling the "hate" by constantly starting discussions about the guy. He was never a coach of the Patriots, and now he's out of the league. so the revelance factor is getting quite thin.

He campaigned publically to make gay marriage illegal. 
    We have a seperation of church and state in this country.  It's one of the cornerstones of our constitution.  Campaigns to create laws, based on faith, that exclude the civil rights of other citizens who don't share the same religious belief, is unconstitutional.

Separation of church and state only means that no religious faction can impose legislation. People can campaign for anything, and base it on anything. This is not against the constitution, rather it is a right of free speech. As long as church doctrine is not stipulating the laws there is no "violation". And the opposition is against gay marriage, not religious belief. Many gay people are avid churchgoers. If being gay were a "religion", then campaigning against them might be an infringement on freedom of religion. But as far as marriage goes, it's a different story. Mormons have the "religious belief" that bigamy is acceptable. But the law still is against it. If they have no basis for religious infringement, the gay community also doesn't, and even moreso as being gay is not in itself a "religion", but a choice of lifestyle. It's alright if you dislike Dungy because he opposes gay marriage. But there is nothing unconstitutional about him publicly saying so, even in a political debate.

Obama - tried to appoint him too.  Does that make it harder to use the word hate to describe Dungy?  I know you are an Obama fan. 

I think bringing this type of thing up can only open up another can of worms. I'm not a Dungy fan, but I'd have to say there have been hundreds of people twenty times worse than Tony being appointed for something by presidents! Nobody is perfect, if you were to disallow any "appointee" based on one negative thing about the candidate, nobody would ever be appointed to anything!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Before you started accusing him of being racist he only mentioned the fact Dungy was black once. He simply stated that the fact he was the first black coach to win a Super Bowl garnered a lot of media attention. And he never said that was improper. He merely stated his belief that he got a little more credit tan he thought he deserved (not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with this statement) due to his race. You were the one who grabbed the "race card" and started running with it. As we see too often, a mere mention of skin color is enough for some (like you) to immediately brand someone a racist. To me, that in itself is a bit racist." - Bub

Thanks Bub for having my back a bit. You have it right that is exactly what I was saying and I dont think what I said was racist what so ever.

Sections
Shortcuts