For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB

Oh, and there were many of you who lambasted those of us who posted that the Pats need a RB BADLY! Part of the reason that Pats even needed to be throwing on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 with 2:00 to go is that thay have no dominant RB to salt away a game when they have the lead and they need to kill clock. All we heard was how "Maroney is fine" that's all we need. All Maroney does is fail. Not only can't the Pats grind it out when they need to but the bum fumbles at the goaline on top of it!
    Unless the Pats find a power back (do I hear LJ??) they'll be no wins this January. Playoff football requires a running game
    nuff said

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB

In Response to For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB:
    Oh, and there were many of you who lambasted those of us who posted that the Pats need a RB BADLY! Part of the reason that Pats even needed to be throwing on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 with 2:00 to go is that thay have no dominant RB to salt away a game when they have the lead and they need to kill clock. All we heard was how "Maroney is fine" that's all we need. All Maroney does is fail. Not only can't the Pats grind it out when they need to but the bum fumbles at the goaline on top of it! Unless the Pats find a power back (do I hear LJ??) they'll be no wins this January. Playoff football requires a running game nuff said
    Posted by smorgan86

I concur.  I said the same thing last night.  We REALLY need to find some way to incorporate Johnson into the franchise.  He'll be cheap and could work.  If we don't, then we need to get creative and start "wildcatnit" with Stanback, Welker, Edlemen (when healthy) or go back to Faulk.  We used to do that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Good luck convincing the Grand Wizard Belichick about replacing his love child, Maroney.  BB has had since the 2007 metdown in the AFCC game where the Patriots were crippled by not having a good running back.  It was the exact same scenario again last night with all the pressure on Brady.  It ain't gonna happen, folks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB:
    Good luck convincing the Grand Wizard Belichick about replacing his love child, Maroney.  BB has had since the 2007 metdown in the AFCC game where the Patriots were crippled by not having a good running back.  It was the exact same scenario again last night with all the pressure on Brady.  It ain't gonna happen, folks
    Posted by gfkr2

I know were all upset, but where did the "Grand Wizard" thing come from? Is there something I need to know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB : I know were all upset, but where did the "Grand Wizard" thing come from? Is there something I need to know?
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

...of OZ

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you that thought the Pats don't need a RB : ...of OZ
    Posted by gfkr2

Thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Ive been calling Bill B the Real Grand Wizzard of Football, In honor of the Grand Wizzard of Wrestling for years.
    The only fact needed to be seen, read and dealt with is a REAL RUNNING BACK! Maroney is a Joke, and Im so tired of him having a good game, and everyone saying give him a chance..... GET RID OF THIS LOSER PERIOD!  HE COST THE PATRIOTS THE GAME

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Oh, and there were many of you who lambasted those of us who posted that the Pats need a RB BADLY! Part of the reason that Pats even needed to be throwing on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 with 2:00 to go is that thay have no dominant RB to salt away a game when they have the lead and they need to kill clock. All we heard was how "Maroney is fine" that's all we need. All Maroney does is fail. Not only can't the Pats grind it out when they need to but the bum fumbles at the goaline on top of it! Unless the Pats find a power back (do I hear LJ??) they'll be no wins this January. Playoff football requires a running game nuff said
    Posted by smorgan86

I agree! Once the Pats got away from a power running attack they have looked more like Marino and the Dolphins or Air Corryell. Both of those past offenses were fantastic but could not win the big one. 
    What did the Giants do to the Pats in the super Bowl? They ran the ball and kept Brady off the field for much of the game! They also had a great defense that pressured the QB.
    I know we were in a rebuilding stage. Belichick is rebuilding the defense and I don't think he's close to being finished. If there was one thing Bill Parcels taught people it is to be realistic. The Pats are still missing a few pieces of the puzzle. I  hope Belichick decides to get speed rushers on the edge. We need to apply more pressure on opposing QBs. I also hope he goes out nd gets a power running back!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

I mean come on we won 2 super bowls with Antoine Smith!! who, a RB that was cut by two teams beforre landing with the Pats, oh yeah he was a starter on both those teams before being cut. 
    Strong running game, sturdy Defense and a QB that managed the game was the Pats calling card and oh yeah waiting for the other team to f**K up in the fourth, now we are the team that has the bone headed plays and stupid penelties in the 4th qtr

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

I think its time to bring in larry Johnson, moroney showed me that he has nothing to give to this team.We need some one better than a 2.5 runner. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

LJ is going to Cincy.

At least thats whats being reported.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Posted by smorgan86

I agree it is no co incidence that the last time the Pats had a power running back in Dillon and before that Smith they won the Superbowl. Morris and Taylor could be that if they are healthy. If we had Morris or Taylor yesterday there is no way they are throwing on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2.

Sections
Shortcuts