For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...

The OL was disgraceful imo, Brady coulda got killed out there as well as the other qb's. I liked Hoyer's performance and O'Connell was ok too, if Walter makes the team i'll be shocked. BJGE ran well but that was negated by his boneheaded fumble, if he just goes down we win 9 - 7.

I can't biotch about the D which only gave up 7 points, our offense sukked and needs work, 6 points scored AT HOME is embarrasssing preseason or not.

Defense gets a B, offense gets an F. Our OL is overrated, thats the team weakness right there, oh and Burgess and Chung both looked like hell too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BENBREEN. Show BENBREEN's posts

Last nights game goes like this. BenJarvus Gree-Ellis looks like the best RB on the team. He was running against 3rd string Cincy D but had 3rd stringers blocking for him. Had a fumble but you cannot deny he runs hard, make people miss and picks up big gains. I thought Pat's O looked good, all the receivers and starting O lineman looked great. Somebody mentioned Kazcur getting beat on Brady's sack. Found out that was Fred Taylor's fault actually not adjusting to Brady setting up the blitz pickup. Alex Smith the TE does not seem to fit in. Let's trade him and see if we can get a 5th rounder back before it is too late, go with 3 TE's and keep BJGE. Wheatley looked bad, Butler looked real good. Wheatley will be our fifth corner this year though Butler our fourth. Burgess looked poor rushing the passer from the weak side, but remember he was sitting out of camp with the Raiders and is probably not in football shape yet. Warren looked awesome for his limited playing time last night. Brandon Merriweather looks like he is going to make plays for us this year. Seems like he has made a big jump. Eric Alexander and Matt Slater made some nice plays on special teams. TBC looked good rushing from the strong side mostly in a 3 point stance in nickel packages.

Having said all this, it is almost impossible to assess how players have done without knowing what plays were called and from the TV camera angles we get to see. Wheatley looked bad in coverage on a couple of plays but he could have been in zone coverage and just happened to be the closest defender on a couple of good routes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

kaczur sack wasn't taylors fault

In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]Last nights game goes like this. BenJarvus Gree-Ellis looks like the best RB on the team. He was running against 3rd string Cincy D but had 3rd stringers blocking for him. Had a fumble but you cannot deny he runs hard, make people miss and picks up big gains. I thought Pat's O looked good, all the receivers and starting O lineman looked great. Somebody mentioned Kazcur getting beat on Brady's sack. Found out that was Fred Taylor's fault actually not adjusting to Brady setting up the blitz pickup. Alex Smith the TE does not seem to fit in. Let's trade him and see if we can get a 5th rounder back before it is too late, go with 3 TE's and keep BJGE. Wheatley looked bad, Butler looked real good. Wheatley will be our fifth corner this year though Butler our fourth. Burgess looked poor rushing the passer from the weak side, but remember he was sitting out of camp with the Raiders and is probably not in football shape yet. Warren looked awesome for his limited playing time last night. Brandon Merriweather looks like he is going to make plays for us this year. Seems like he has made a big jump. Eric Alexander and Matt Slater made some nice plays on special teams. TBC looked good rushing from the strong side mostly in a 3 point stance in nickel packages. Having said all this, it is almost impossible to assess how players have done without knowing what plays were called and from the TV camera angles we get to see. Wheatley looked bad in coverage on a couple of plays but he could have been in zone coverage and just happened to be the closest defender on a couple of good routes.
    Posted by BENBREEN[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BENBREEN. Show BENBREEN's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]kaczur sack wasn't taylors fault In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game... :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

How do you know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BENBREEN. Show BENBREEN's posts

From what I saw, sirpinochle the offense came up to the line Brady made a blitz adjustment, the ball was snapped Kazcur stuck an arm out to the Bengals edge rusher stepped inside for a second to give inside help and then came back outside but it was too late. When watching Fred Taylor on the play he moved up in front of Brady into the middle of the pocket where all Bengal defenders were blocked and did not seem to get a hat on anyone. After the play was over and Brady was sacked Kazcur's arms were up as if saying where were you and what happened? I have to give credit to the Pat's vet O-Lineman who has been in the system for years as opposed to the new Patriot running back who should have at least been there to chip the outside rusher after he had "beaten" Kazcur.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Sounds like it's gonna take Chung some time to learn the system. It's alright, it took Merriweather some time and he is still learning.  Although all the safeties need to be more physical in my opinion.  Go lay down some freakng HITS please!!!  We need a physical presence like Rodney was and I feel they are thinking too much.  I'm sure there are million things they have to think about but I haven't seen a good hit coming from the safeties in a while. 

I can see how the O-line can't be blamed for all the sacks. 

Obviously Maroney's strength is when he is in open space.  We need to use him like Westbrook, a half-time receiver.  I really hope Nunn becomes a dark-horse solid receiver.  And Brandon Tate please learn the playbook cold so you won't be too far behind when you come back in the middle of the season(maybe wishful thinking).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

There is defiantly room for improvement on both sides of the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]From what I saw, sirpinochle  the offense came up to the line Brady made a blitz adjustment, the ball was snapped Kazcur stuck an arm out to the Bengals edge rusher stepped inside for a second to give inside help and then came back outside but it was too late. When watching Fred Taylor on the play he moved up in front of Brady into the middle of the pocket where all Bengal defenders were blocked and did not seem to get a hat on anyone. After the play was over and Brady was sacked Kazcur's arms were up as if saying where were you and what happened? I have to give credit to the Pat's vet O-Lineman who has been in the system for years as opposed to the new Patriot running back who should have at least been there to chip the outside rusher after he had "beaten" Kazcur.
    Posted by BENBREEN[/QUOTE]

I saw this  too, Taylor was supposed to chip Gathers into Kaczur. For proof that this was not Kaczur's fault, look for the pass play where Kaczur pancakes Gathers. This may have started as a Brady miscommuncation on LOS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

belichick seemed to say in the press conference that it was brady who erred

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game... : I saw this  too, Taylor was supposed to chip Gathers into Kaczur. For proof that this was not Kaczur's fault, look for the pass play where Kaczur pancakes Gathers. This may have started as a Brady miscommuncation on LOS.
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

BB said it 2 lit a fire under Tommy's a*zz

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

This picture pizzes me off, this was the Bungles not the '85 Bears. I've been posting on this forum that the o-line needs improvement. I hope our backup QB's can play 'cause Brady is going to get Blasted every game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah...only a meaningless game but sounds like a lot of people got to play.  Who were you impressed by(if anyone played well, that is) and who played poorly?  Sounds like Wheatly was terrible, Butler was good(although didn't he get burned in the first game?).  How does Bodden look?  Is O'Connell choking big time out there?   How did the safeties look?  Are Sanders and Merriweather much improved or not?  I'm still not sold on Sanders.  Also sounds like the right side of the O-line needs a serious make-over.  I wish I got to watch the talent out there but had to stick to the exciting ESPN gamecast text at work.  :(
    Posted by -008-[/QUOTE] O'connell was not a bust they where working on the running game and on passing downs the Bengals blitzed and the O-Line failed to block. His average completions ratio was better than was TB's. He mastered the two minute drill and was effective until the they ran out of time, but he didn't call the plays and a running play with no time on the clock was not brillant if scoring was the issue.
    Taylor, Nunn and BJGE on offense and Butler on defense had good games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

As a Colt fan, it's fun to hear this kind of pessimism in this forum...however, it's only a pre-season game.  Remember that in the regular season your first unit can come back from a poor first two possessions...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

we could lose all of the rest of the games in the preseason for all I care, I just want to see the o-line get better and see the secondary improve over last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

you can always bring back delta oneal!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

not now...Texans signed him lol..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Wow, i'm not ready to panick yet. I just saw the game on DVR and the number one killer was penalties in my opinion. Bill is still evaluating players and packages so I think all is well. BJG ran his behind off and was moving the piles forward when going down, the fumble was a great strip and not a moronic fumble. Tom got his wish and got blasted and got right back up so we can check that off the list!!!

Go Pats!