For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...

Yeah...only a meaningless game but sounds like a lot of people got to play.  Who were you impressed by(if anyone played well, that is) and who played poorly? 

Sounds like Wheatly was terrible, Butler was good(although didn't he get burned in the first game?).  How does Bodden look?  Is O'Connell choking big time out there?  

How did the safeties look?  Are Sanders and Merriweather much improved or not?  I'm still not sold on Sanders. 

Also sounds like the right side of the O-line needs a serious make-over. 

I wish I got to watch the talent out there but had to stick to the exciting ESPN gamecast text at work.  :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...

In Response to For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah...only a meaningless game but sounds like a lot of people got to play.  Who were you impressed by(if anyone played well, that is) and who played poorly?  Sounds like Wheatly was terrible, Butler was good(although didn't he get burned in the first game?).  How does Bodden look?  Is O'Connell choking big time out there?   How did the safeties look?  Are Sanders and Merriweather much improved or not?  I'm still not sold on Sanders.  Also sounds like the right side of the O-line needs a serious make-over.  I wish I got to watch the talent out there but had to stick to the exciting ESPN gamecast text at work.  :(
    Posted by -008-[/QUOTE]

Darius Butler really impressed me, he has all of the tools to be a true #1 corner. Haven't really seen much of Bodden, I figure the QBs wanna throw to the younger inexperienced corners, you know? Sanders has been decent, so has Meriweather. Nothing more, nothing less. The O-line was good against the Eagles because they never really blitzed, seemed like the whole game though the Bengals were bringing some extra person to put on the heat. That being said, our blitz pick up is not looking too good. Even with the starters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Burres was shi*ty, he's was rushing on the weak side and couldn't even get pressure to a back up scrub Qb, give me a break!!! How come joey Porter can have a come back yr. but Burress can't, Its always R luck.
    Weatly should get cut,Y keep this guy if he stinks, get rid of his A*s and bring back Mike Richardson, at least he's better. The O line was horrable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]Burres was shi*ty, he's was rushing on the weak side and couldn't even get pressure to a back up scrub Qb, give me a break!!! How come joey Porter can have a come back yr. but Burress can't, Its always R luck. Weatly should get cut,Y keep this guy if he stinks, get rid of his A*s and bring back Mike Richardson, at least he's better. The O line was horrable.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

Whoah whoah whoah. Wheatley let up a few comeback routes which plays into our bend but dont break defensive plan. For anybody who saw that td catch it was a diving catch that was a very nice play. Wheatley didnt make any amazing plays but to say he should be cut and Mike Richardson should play over him is over reacting. Its seems like people take things to such extremes on this forum but nothing wrong with some passionate fans getting fired up in the preseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Ya, but don't U think he's starting 2 look like a Hobbs clone, is that what U want on the team?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I hope Burrges still has it but with R luck he wont.I mean come on, rushing on the rt. side and creating NOTHING with a back up QB IN? is that how is going play like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Wheatley is making me miss Ellis Hobbs and that's really really hard to do!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

"Its seems like people take things to such extremes on this forum"

People overreact?  On this forum?  Never.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am glad the people here dont run or own the team, it would be like having Al Davis incharge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Burgess is really in his second week of training camp.  Give him some time.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but Wheatley has been smoked in the two games so far.  

It is clear that Butler is far superior to him already.  I'm really impressed with Darius.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Did Whilite play?

How was Gary Guyton?

Or the rookie Linemen?  (Vollmer or Ohrnberger...)  I really hope Vollmer is the answer to some O-line woes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

We might go 0-16. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]I am glad the people here dont run or own the team, it would be like having Al Davis incharge.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

It is 10 X worse on the Red Sox board.....this is nothing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Atleast Ellis Hobbs got ints though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We'd better hope they get there heads out of there u no whats and start playing good and I hope brady shakes off those incomplete passes.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

I only watched the first half this AM.  Here's what I thought.

Fred Taylor is a better blocker than I realized.
    Maroney still does that sort of jump / hop move before the LOS, but is doing it less and hitting the hole (if there is a hole) a bit harder.
    Kaczur got absolutely smoked once off the line.
    Wheatley was getting burned by Chad Johnson and Chris Henry; had Carson Palmer played it would have been worse.
    Banta-Cain is playing great and was a smart pick-up.
    Faulk hasn't changed one bit and is as reliable as ever.
    Slater still doesn't have the hands to field kicks, but is fast for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrsure. Show mrsure's posts

Ok 1st my rant, freakin NFL network is plays the game at 11pm for those outside of the boston local stations.  For the second week in a row I have to listen to the other teams commentary, whats up with that?  First I had to live through Herm Edwards talking about how great the Eagles are, and this week its the Bengals team which were slightly more balanced though they didn't now many of the Patriots.  What the hell is their critieria for the commmentary?

Really didn't see a lot of the 1st line defense, again, hard to say, but I thought there was a lot of 4-3 alignments going on, so I didn't get see much from the linbackers, which I guess if their name wasn't could have also been a good thing.

Backups were in quick, 2nd qarter, maybe even earlier on Defense.  I though Tank Williams was around the ball alot, but didn't seem overly quick.  Brace had a couple of good run stops.  Wheatly did not look good this game, he was torched all night, played way off, ran around lost.  Butler looked good on a couple of plays.  Offensively, 1st unit, nothing great from them, looked sloppy, and like they didn't want to play.  They came out in the 2nd quarter.  O'connell has a long way to go, seems to telegraph all his passes, but is pretty mobile, his delievery seems to take a long time to get going, I don't see how hes a viable option in the NFL.  Hoyer has some pretty nice flashes, but being its against the 3rd string Bengals, I am not sure if you can take too much from it.

I'd cut Alex Smith today.  I know after watching last night, whose out for the TE's.  He totally wanted nothing to do with the blind-side sack of Hoyer, he saw the guy and then looks back towards the center of the field, like "good luck with that guy Hoyer".  He also did nothing otherwise on the night.

Ventrone, and Nunn, look good as recievers, Nunns got some size, and good hands, he reminds me of the TO's and Moss' of the world at least in build.  I don't see how you cut him, especially given last nights performance, and all the raves in practice.  Lewis looks pretty good with the first unit some nice catches and at least one tough run for a 1st down.  I don't think Edleman played much this game..... 

Special teams sloppy and made a ton of mistakes.  I think thats all my observations....      

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Darius Butler has phenomenal speed. He ran diagonally across the field to save a touchdown. He is raw in many aspects, but he definitely has the tools to be a shut down corner.

So far I don't like Chung returning punts. It is too soon to say he doesn't have it for this special teams position, but in the two puts I saw him return it looked ugly. One complete miss that touched him and nearly turned into turn over and another he did nothing on.

I think last night was the best I ever recall seeing for Slator on punt returns. I was ready to say he won't make the roster, but he seemed to have no spark in the past. Last night he showed something.

Fred Taylor looked quick and decisive to the hole as we expected he would be.

Overall sloppy game, the offensive line looked crappy. By the way who the hell was that the missed the block on the blind side blitz by the Cincy corner. That was horrible. It looked like he glanced at the guy and pretended he didn't see him as he went unabated to the quarterback.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonBorges. Show RonBorges's posts

Steven Williams looks like a beast (#76).  He looks like the biggested work-out fiend on the team.  He is ripped!  From his D-line spot, he chased down and put a horrific hit on Bengals QB.  He also made 3 out of 4 consuective tackles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Wheatley wont even be the 3rd corner at the start of the season. So why is everyone complaining. Springs, Bodden, and Butler are all ahead of him on the depth chart. Hell Wilhite probably is too.

As for last nights game. The O-line looked awful both in the running and passing games. The blitz constantly got there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlimo. Show jlimo's posts

First, Chung was horrible last night!! He missed two or three tackles and then had that punt fumble. As far as the rookies, he's got a lot of work to do. Butler looked great. Foyer is definitely the best of the back-ups, I thought he did much better than O'Connell last night. Nunn looked good, too. Interesting to see how far Galloway will go, he dropped a lot of Brady's balls last week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to For those of you who watched the Pats Cincy pre-season game...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah...only a meaningless game but sounds like a lot of people got to play.  Who were you impressed by(if anyone played well, that is) and who played poorly?  Sounds like Wheatly was terrible, Butler was good(although didn't he get burned in the first game?).  How does Bodden look?  Is O'Connell choking big time out there?   How did the safeties look?  Are Sanders and Merriweather much improved or not?  I'm still not sold on Sanders.  Also sounds like the right side of the O-line needs a serious make-over.  I wish I got to watch the talent out there but had to stick to the exciting ESPN gamecast text at work.  :(
    Posted by -008-[/QUOTE]

I was not impresed with O'Connell - he could not move the offense through the air - that is why they stalled - holds the ball to long and looked tentative most of the time - first game lets give him a chance - it is clear that Cassel had a handle on the offense.

I still see the same old Laurence Maroney out there - he has the skills - just hit the hole kid will you - love him in space in the passing game..