For those talking about Welkers drops..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: For those talking about Welkers drops..

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Look back to the endzone play where Baltimore challenged the Patriots to beat them, without Gronk, the Patriots were without a reciever over 6'1 and they weren't feared. Game planning your offense around a 5'8 WR is not wise. Get a Torrey Smith in here and let's see Baltimore try that same strategy. 

I'm pretty sure Welker is not the game plan.  But when you have your monster TE out due to injury, your other TE who has problems catching and your other WR who can't seem to get open enought to be a impact player then whats left?  Oh, that 5'8" guy who seems to out perform everyone, who stays on the field and has very solid seasons year in and year out.  I think they should get rid of him.  Welker isn't they type of receiver who should be doing corner fades in the end zone, it should be guys like Hernandez, Lloyd and even Gronk.  So your arguments are good, its just you are wanting to get rid of the wrong person

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I knew that that was our Asante dropping the game winning INT in 42 moment....and just like Asante, I've never been a fan of Welker since that moment. I don't like uncluch players, they're heart breakers. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM

Honestly, watch the Asante play again. It didn't go through his hands, it tipped his fingers...it looked pretty uncatchable to me...and even if he does catch it, it would've been just as hard to land in bounds.

I don't get why people always remember it as if it hit him square in the chest.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I will agree that even if Asante makes the catch its possible, not for sure but possible his feet wouldn't be in.  However, to say that is a harder catch then Welkers is a foolish statement.  Asante didn't have to stop in stride, jump and turn 180 degrees in the air and reach up to make a high catch.  All Asante had to do was calculate his jump and make the catch.  You say it went off his finger tips, and it did, I'm not arguing about that, but I'm pretty positive Asante can jump higher then he did on that play.  He mis calculated his jump.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yeah, i chimed in about the drops too. but i think it's time for BB to go in a new direction and get some big vertical fast WRs, if WW wants to keep playing slot for NE i don't have a problem, but he shouldn't make more than 5 million.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Yeah, i chimed in about the drops too. but i think it's time for BB to go in a new direction and get some big vertical fast WRs, if WW wants to keep playing slot for NE i don't have a problem, but he shouldn't make more than 5 million.

$5 million? Really? Come on now!  $8 is where it's at and thats even a good deal.  Dude should be getting no less then $9 million but I think $8 million is solid for both sides.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

$5 million? Really? Come on now!  $8 is where it's at and thats even a good deal.  Dude should be getting no less then $9 million but I think $8 million is solid for both sides.

sorry TFB. he got paid good last season, but we have Edelman in waiting, is younger and cheaper, and probably can produce as much as WW.

if WW passes on 8 mil-his bad. but i still think that's too high maybe give him a 3 year 18 mil.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

sorry TFB. he got paid good last season, but we have Edelman in waiting, is younger and cheaper, and probably can produce as much as WW.

if WW passes on 8 mil-his bad. but i still think that's too high maybe give him a 3 year 18 mil.

So steal him for 5 years, give him 1 good pay day and then ask him to sign another cheap deal?  Not how it works in the NFL.

And if you think Edelman can produce as much as Welker no need to look back to last year and realize he can't do that.  He needs to prove he can stay on the field for the season first.  Can you imagine had they let Welker walk last year with hopes of Edelman taking over?  That would have been a disaster!  Their offense would have been weak especially with Gronk and Hernandez taking turns hurt on the bench.  Welker was and still is the most dependable and durble receiver the Patriots have.

2 years at $16-$18 million is where Welker's contract should be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I still say Welker misjudged that pass. If he looked left and just kept running the ball would have hit him perfectly in his outstretched hands.

That whole stop/leap stunt he pulled made the pass look much worse than it was.

Spin it anyway you like people, but that drop has gone down as one of the biggest SB blunders of all-time. And deservedly so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I knew that that was our Asante dropping the game winning INT in 42 moment....and just like Asante, I've never been a fan of Welker since that moment. I don't like uncluch players, they're heart breakers. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM

Honestly, watch the Asante play again. It didn't go through his hands, it tipped his fingers...it looked pretty uncatchable to me...and even if he does catch it, it would've been just as hard to land in bounds.

I don't get why people always remember it as if it hit him square in the chest.

i agree, asante barely got his finger tips on the ball not like welker getting both hands on it.

Asante bounced the ball upwards from its trajectory coming down. Drop.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it was a bad throw, could he have caught it? yes, but it shouldnt be looked at as an infamous super bowl blunder because it wasnt an easy catch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

it was a bad throw, could he have caught it? yes, but it shouldnt be looked at as an infamous super bowl blunder because it wasnt an easy catch.

Exactly!