For those talking about Welkers drops..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: For those talking about Welkers drops..

Can someone please describe to me what happend on the 3rd down play, the very play after Welker dropped the easy, right on target, picture perfect, game winning pass in the super bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Sweet backpedal.^^^

I win again.  Anyone cherring our underperforming million stars on offense isn't a Pats fan or knows nothing about football. You're the latter, Mr. Pink Hat.   I knew you became a fan in 2007. Knew it.

You win at losing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Sweet backpedal.^^^

I win again.  Anyone cherring our underperforming million stars on offense isn't a Pats fan or knows nothing about football. You're the latter, Mr. Pink Hat.   I knew you became a fan in 2007. Knew it.

You win at losing!

Was that supposed to be english??  wow...That cant be from Mr. 152 can it??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Sweet backpedal.^^^

You win at losing!

Was that supposed to be english??  wow...That cant be from Mr. 152 can it??

His puropose for this forum is to be the biggest troll here.  And he is doing a fine job of succeeding!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

"Main guy on the field"? What does this even mean? 

Main guy on the field = the only receiver who was on the field all season to get open and catch passes.  134 total to be exact!   Really?  You are so blinded by your Welker hate that you couldn't put that together?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You and your buddies have ruined this board

Oh really junior? But you're the one banned over a dozen times! LMAO@U

Junior gets body slammed yet again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^^^^^^^^^

Supertroll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Aaron Hernandez: Missed time for the third straight season to start his career. His 10 drops on 106 targets (9.4 percent) led to a worse drop rate than Welker (6 percent). Still a below-average blocker. Time for him to be the star the Patriots are paying him to be.

check out the full grading the patriots players one by one.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/02/07/grading-the-patriots-one-one-for-the-season/1WRONcrIYmCTsYIRAt8NMN/story-1.html

----------------

It's probably time to squash the Welker drop talk and start the real discussion... Is Aaron Hernandez worth what he is being paid?  The don't resign Welker because he is dropping more passes is bogus and needs to be addressed with AH81 instead.

yeah as much as I love WW, he's cost us two big games in back to back years.maybe time to let him see if anyone will pay him 9 mil.

Araon has a lot more future with the Patriots than WW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Araon has a lot more future with the Patriots than WW.

The dude better start producing then.  Find a way to stay healthy and help the team by being productive.  Glad to hear he will be working with TFB this off season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This proves what I've been saying:

Throw less, target each Welker and Hernandez LESS, and it helps Brady, the flow of the offense, and you'll see less drops.

Damn, man. Your man lust for Brady and Welker is somewhat scary.

This isn't about scapegoating one particular player it's about changing the philosophy of the offense.

How can you throw less to Welker when really, he is the main guy on the field.  I believe they were throwing less to him when Gronk was out there but Gronk went down and out.  Hernandez didn't play the whole season and Lloyd really didn't do what we all hoped he would do.  So who do you suggest they throw to when Gronk and Hernandez and even Edelman are out and Lloyd cant seem to get open?  Welker is the teams most dependable receiver so they gotta throw to him.  I can't believe you do not understand this.  You are blinded by your Welker hate!  You are wearing rose colored glasses, pal.

The drop %'s argument is silly.  Throw less so he drops less yet the % remains the same is your stance?  What??  Makes no sense, especially when he is the main target because there isn't anyone else on the field as much as he is.

Can you imagine for a minute what last season wouold have looked like had the not franchised Welker and went with Edelman?  He didn't last long, Gronk out, Hernandez out a lot, it would have been dreadful.  Yet you want to get rid of the guy?  Brilliant! 

Tfb12 stay strong my friend.  You are right here.  Not the time to be getting rid of WELKER! That's for damn sure.  Pats led the league in 3rd down efficiency, I wonder why..... Just the chemistry alone with Brady is huge in this league.  A big advantage.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wes drops some passes but plays every game and impacts every game

Hern drops some passes, misses some games and disappears in games. Still prone to fumble as well. 

Next 2 years Wes plays more games than Hern

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Tfb12 stay strong my friend.  You are right here.  Not the time to be getting rid of WELKER! That's for damn sure.  Pats led the league in 3rd down efficiency, I wonder why..... Just the chemistry alone with Brady is huge in this league.  A big advantage.  

Thanks, NOISE!  I don't get it, I just don't understand some of the crazy arguments here about Welker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Wes drops some passes but plays every game and impacts every game

Hern drops some passes, misses some games and disappears in games. Still prone to fumble as well. 

Next 2 years Wes plays more games than Hern

I agree! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Gotta be able to take you bias out the equation TFB. I dont care how about how many drops anyone has because its part of the game, its the one that COST us games that I worry about and Wes is at the top in the past 2 years in SB and AFCCG.

No, there has been many of posts on here that Welker is dropping more due to age/decline.  And that's my point.  Here the Pats have a younger TE who many people are thinking he is a lot better then he is but apparently has a higher drop percentage then an "old/declining" receiver.  Last I checked Hernandez had some big drops in the SB and against the Ravens a few weeks ago.

Also, for everyone who keeps throwing up the Welker drop saying it was because of that they lost the SB, please describe to me what happened the very next play.  If you want to point fingers at a single play, instead the whole body of offensive work that was just plain horrible, then why not point fingers at the very next play?

My points are and have always been... Drops are part of the game but it's just unfair and ignorant to say use the drop passes argument against Welker when other on the team seem to drop a higher percentage and fans seem to want to ignore that.  AND you can't put the SB or Ravens loss on Welker, that's also just plain unfair and ignorant too.

WELKER = BILL BUCKNER

ie: two scapegoats for fans frustrations blamed far beyond their actual errors

when you listen to fools....the mob rules!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

^^^^^^^^^

Supertroll.

AND BANNED AGAIN!! HOLY COW GOTTA BE A RECORD!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's probabl true that hernandez drops more passes than welker.

Welker rarely drops passes.

But two of his drops have cost us a Super Bowl and an AFC championship.  So he makes up for quantity with (bad) quality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

But two of his drops have cost us a Super Bowl and an AFC championship.  So he makes up for quantity with (bad) quality.

Come on, really.. you too?

Concerning the super bowl... please tell me what happend on the very next play after Welker dropped that perfectly thrown ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hit him square in the hands, there was no where else for Tom to put it. Welker was in a triangle, Tom could only put it high and away and it hit him square in the hands.... That was the game, the defense and I had the same deflated reaction.

I knew that that was our Asante dropping the game winning INT in 42 moment....and just like Asante, I've never been a fan of Welker since that moment. I don't like uncluch players, they're heart breakers. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I want to cry now... ='( 

That drop, somehow, hurt more than Superbowl 42...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Hit him square in the hands, there was no where else for Tom to put it. Welker was in a triangle, Tom could only put it high and away and it hit him square in the hands.... That was the game, the defense and I had the same deflated reaction.

I knew that that was our Asante dropping the game winning INT in 42....and just like Asante, I've never been a fan of Welker since that moment. I don't like uncluch players, they're heart breakers. 

Again, Guys making or looking to make 10+ Million Dollars a year Make clutch catches like that 99/100. Wes welkers reaction says it all, He knew he should have caught that ball and it just slipped through his Big game Butterfingers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I want to cry now... ='( 

That drop, somehow, hurt more than Superbowl 42...

Just watching those GIF's Brings back so much pain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't see how one dropped pass can be blamed for losing the AFC Championship game.  It was a big drop, no question.  But Baltimore outscored the Pats 21-0 in the second half and won by 15.  The second half of that game was one team totally dominating the other.  The Pats weren't winning that game even if Welker caught that ball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Come on, really.. you too?

Concerning the super bowl... please tell me what happend on the very next play after Welker dropped that perfectly thrown ball.

Just explaining why it is an issue.  It may not be fair - but Welker did have two HUGE drops - and people remember that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I don't see how one dropped pass can be blamed for losing the AFC Championship game.  It was a big drop, no question.  But Baltimore outscored the Pats 21-0 in the second half and won by 15.  The second half of that game was one team totally dominating the other.  The Pats weren't winning that game even if Welker caught that ball.

One can argue that Baltimore just did what every team that has beaten the Patriots in the playoff since 2007 has done. Stuff the box and play press man-to-man, tiny WRs like Welker can't beat that. 

Look back to the endzone play where Baltimore challenged the Patriots to beat them, without Gronk, the Patriots were without a reciever over 6'1 and they weren't feared. Game planning your offense around a 5'8 WR is not wise. Get a Torrey Smith in here and let's see Baltimore try that same strategy.