For Those that Blame Brady!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

For Those that Blame Brady!

Time to look at the stats that don't lie.

Right now Brady has 11 ints(13th overall) for the season, but has the 3rd most passing attempts at 496.  Only Drew Brees has more passing attempts at 543 but also has 11 ints.  Big Ben also has 11 ints, but fewerpassing attempts at 429.

While most considered Aaron Rodgers the best QB in the league this season, he has had few pass attempts at 438 and 6 ints.  If Rodgers has to throw the ball abit more, my guess is int's would be about the same.

The top three QB's in Passing and TD's are: Brees(#1 in passing), Brady(2nd in both), and Rodgers(#1in TD's). 

I understand if your Patriot Hater, but to those that call themselves Pats fans and blame Brady, get a clue.

P.S.
    Defense is still dead last.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: For Those that Blame Brady!

I'm not blaming Brady for his body of work this year-I am saying he made a bad throw in a critical time in the game against the Skins. Great year-bad decision on the throw up by 7 late when a field goal would have put his team up by 2 scores and little time left. I believe Brady himself would acknowledge the throw into tight coverage was a poor decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I look at points allowed not overall defense which takes Yards into account. Patriots rank pretty high (somewhere around 10th last I checked) in points allowed which is what counts in the long run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rodgers would have about 7 INTs if he threw as many times as Brady at his rate.

People are anal. Brady is having one of the best seasons in NFL history. At the projected numbers it is definitely top 10 ever.

Fans from other teams would LTFAO if they could read these crybabies complaining about him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Perhaps people will wake up after Brady breaks Marino's record. 

Brees will prob break it first, but I think they both will this season.  Especially if Brady has the same type of numbers he did against Miami and Buffalo earlier this season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't blame people when the team loses.  It's a pointless excercise.  I just try to enjoy them.  03 and 04 were bucketloads of fun, but 01 remains the most magical season for me.  07 was a bit of a drag.  I'd rather they be dismissed and prove everyone wrong.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: For Those that Blame Brady!:
    [QUOTE]I'm not blaming Brady for his body of work this year-I am saying he made a bad throw in a critical time in the game against the Skins. Great year-bad decision on the throw up by 7 late when a field goal would have put his team up by 2 scores and little time left. I believe Brady himself would acknowledge the throw into tight coverage was a poor decision.
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

+1

I think it's alright to criticize a player when he makes a dumb mistake as I think they criticize themselves. It's not reflective in any way of how their play is during the course of the season nor over their body of work. But some people believe any little criticism amounts to saying that they stink which is not true (well maybe with Rusty)

Listen it's situational football. Yes OB should have ran the ball 3 times that was his mistake. But, when a pass play is called and when you are only up by 1 score with enough time left on the clock for the other team to drive down against a weak D you can't take the risk of a turn over. Brady knows that. Underwood was at no point open, Brady threw a bad pass (lob and to the back shoulder), it was a poor decision one that he normally either takes the sack or throws it away, and Brady also knows that making it a 2 score game would essentially ice it. He made the decision to throw it. He made the bad throw. The int was on Brady for that 1 play. Underwood made the bad play not to break it up but that's why he's a lifelong #5/PS WR. OB made a bad play call and that's why I hope he gets fired at the end of the year for the play call. But, the int that could have lead to a game changing play is on Brady, even he said the like after the game. Brady is not perfect, he makes mistakes but when he feels like he needs to do it all on his own and doesn't trust the rest of the team is when he's at his worst. That's on him and there is nothing wrong with saying that.

If it was a pick from a deflected pass, or he was hit while he threw, or if they had a commanding lead and the pick would have made no difference no ones talking about it. What makes the pick bad is that he tried to force it into an area he shouldn't have, at a time where a FG is almost as good as a TD, and it was at a critical point in the game. That magnifies the bad play, one of which I think he'll learn from and won't make again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Brady is the second best QB in the game, and this decade's best QB. He is already in the discussion as one of the best to ever play the game. What is this post alluding to? 

If this post is in response to criticism of TB for his handling of the Under-thrown pass to Underwood, then that's just silly. 

The glass is half full gentleman, not half-empty. There's no one to blame for a 10-3 record, only those to thank. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is the second best QB in the game, and this decade's best QB. He is already in the discussion as one of the best to ever play the game. What is this post alluding to?  If this post is in response to criticism of TB for his handling of the Under-thrown pass to Underwood, then that's just silly.  The glass is half full gentleman, not half-empty. There's no one to blame for a 10-3 record, only those to thank. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]
    It is called "micro-criticism"...   even Rodgers threw a pick in the end zone this past weekend, but, the Packers were well ahead in their game, so it was not news.  What made this news is the "blow-up" (fully blown up by the media and fans here) that occurred afterwards.  Seems too many folks are expecting perfection and ZERO mistakes every game.  The Pats are WINNING, get a grip!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Cake games are made for trying things out.  The Pats are already in the playoffs.  They are either good enough to win the Super Bowl or not.

I'm okay with Brady making that throw.  He was making a difficult throw under game pressure.  What if he has to make that that throw to win a playoff game?  It was a good learning play.  And I doubt if any Patriots receiver for the rest of this season at least won't fight harder for that ball than Underwood did.

The other thing he needed to do is find out what Underwood has.  Underwood dropped a certain TD in the game before.  Can this receiver deliver in the playoffs when he has to?

When Brady said afterwoods that it was his mistake and he should not have made that throw, I think he was saying that he won't be throwing to Underwood any more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

So what if brady has more passes attempted---99% of his passes are high
    percentage completion passes!!! He should only have about 4 interceptions
    if he was any good!!!

In the pat's dink and dunk system Brady should lead the league every
    year in least interceptions thrown!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Cake games are made for trying things out. ....When Brady said afterwoods that it was his mistake and he should not have made that throw, I think he was saying that he won't be throwing to Underwood any more.
    Posted by Will-Redd[/QUOTE]
    That quote there is a sign he is a leader and does not throw another team mate under the bus.  He could have easily said he expected Underwood to make a better play to catch the ball or should have broken up the INT.  Whatever was said between the players and coaches stayed in the locker room.  If anything, Underwood is learning what it is like to play with a HoF QB and the expectations that QB has for his receivers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

There is a difference between "blaming Brady" (which maybe only one or two people are doing) and expecting him to not make silly mistakes. Just because he's a HOFer and one of the greatest QBs of all-time doesn't mean everyone has to give him a pass for a ball that shouldn't have been thrown.

I just laugh at premises like BabeParilli's that since he's so good he should be exempt from any kind of criticism. He'd be the first one to tell you he shouldn't have thrown the ball. I can guarantee you there isn't anyone here that takes Brady for granted. We know he's an amazing quarterback and expect the highest level of play from him. Its only natural to get upset when he makes a not-so-smart play in a situation where he's second-to-none. I'd be pretty surprised if you folks weren't just a little upset when he threw that interception.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Those that Blame Brady! : Same goes for BB and his supposed "awful" defenses and drafts.  Pitt loses Polamalu in 2009 and Pitt goes 8-8. Case closed. You're a fraud. You give Brady tons of leeway for his play and then turn arond and use a completely irrational barometer towards BB.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

How's the view from your padded room? You don't have to give leeway to the 2nd rated passer Spinboy. You just say thank you sir.

What do you think our record would be without Brady's "among the all time great" TD and yards pace? Hmmm?

I've said over and over BB is a great coach. You're the one who questions his coaching.

I just say he's an average GM, and few debate that he has a ton of bad decisions in that regard these days. But it was you who was screaming about the amazing rebuilding job that was done. That's pretty hilarious at this point. Or are you still clinging to the rebuilt D spin?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Those that Blame Brady! : That's a contradiction. Since this is the first year of the decade, how can the "second best QB in the game" be the "decade's best QB"?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    I apoligize a thousand times for my miscue. Let me clarify. 

Brady is the second best QB in the game and, as of last year, he was the previous decade's best QB.  

Thank you for pointing out this egregious error. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]There is a difference between "blaming Brady" (which maybe only one or two people are doing) and expecting him to not make silly mistakes. Just because he's a HOFer and one of the greatest QBs of all-time doesn't mean everyone has to give him a pass for a ball that shouldn't have been thrown. I just laugh at premises like BabeParilli's that since he's so good he should be exempt from any kind of criticism. He'd be the first one to tell you he shouldn't have thrown the ball. I can guarantee you there isn't anyone here that takes Brady for granted. We know he's an amazing quarterback and expect the highest level of play from him. Its only natural to get upset when he makes a not-so-smart play in a situation where he's second-to-none. I'd be pretty surprised if you folks weren't just a little upset when he threw that interception.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I never said he shouldn't get any criticism. So you're laughing at something that doesn't exist. You shouldn't mischaracterize what people have said. Doing that makes you evil.

He made an ill-advised pass in that instance, yet the receiver was pitiful and didn't put up more than a whimper to contest the pick.

What I have adamantly said is the people who say he is a "problem" are full of it. We would be in very deep crap if we didn't have him.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No one blames Brady for anything, we just wish he would play better in the first half. We're all fully aware that we'd be competing with the Colts for Andrew Luck without Tom, but we need more from him if we're going to win a SB this year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No one blames Brady for anything, we just wish he would play better in the first half. We're all fully aware that we'd be competing with the Colts for Andrew Luck without Tom, but we need more from him if we're going to win a SB this year. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Is it reasonable to want more than one of the greatest seasons of all-time?

Sections
Shortcuts