For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV

During the season, there are a lot of folks not living in NE asking where they can watch the game on the Internet.  I live in SoCal, and prior to getting the NFL Sunday Ticket with DirecTV, I was in the same boat.  Most of the Internet streams such as justin.tv are poor, and very unreliable.  One of our service members asked about options last season and I recommended he buy a SlingBox.  I'm in the Czech Republic for 2 months this summer so I decided to buy a SlingBox solo myself so I can watch US TV over here.  I can tell people now that it works like a charm if you have a broadband connection with at least a 512 kbs UPLOAD speed.  It should work with less, but the video quality is pretty darn good with at least that amount.

So my advice to those living out of the area wanting to watch the games is to buy a SlingBox and send it to a relative or friend in the viewing area.  It's real easy to setup.

MODS: Don't delete this thinking it's a sales pitch.  Nearly every game in the season there are folks trying to figure out where to watch the game online.  I'm just mentioning an option that I can now say I've tested firsthand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV

Haha, too late, already reported you as a sales pitch.

Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV:
    Haha, too late, already reported you as a sales pitch.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

But Sling will send the both of us to lunch with Wilhite if they sell enough boxes to Pats fans :^)  They might even throw in Maroney.

Nah, just thinking how bad it is gawking at a poor Internet stream that freezes for minutes at a time, goes away entirely, and so on.  Don't know why I never tried a SlingBox back before my Sunday Ticket.  A lot of the folks on this board don't live in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

carawaydj, I have DirecTV with both the NFL and MLB packages.  My question about SlingBox is....Can you remotely view NBC if someone at home is viewing ABC from the Boxes TV output?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV : But Sling will send the both of us to lunch with Wilhite if they sell enough boxes to Pats fans :^)  They might even throw in Maroney. Nah, just thinking how bad it is gawking at a poor Internet stream that freezes for minutes at a time, goes away entirely, and so on.  Don't know why I never tried a SlingBox back before my Sunday Ticket.  A lot of the folks on this board don't live in NE.
    Posted by carawaydj

Thanks, I was the one who asked a few months ago.  Looks like I'll be in Afghanistan for the season now so I'm going to get my family to send tapes (DVD's) of the games.  I like the way the team is shaping up this season and it doesn't always showup on a stat sheet, so I want to see it for myself.  The good news is the Pats have a habit of going to the Superbowl whenever I'm out of town and can't watch the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I live in Tucson and go to the Fox and Hound at 10:00 becasue thats when the 13:00 games start here and have the breakfast buffet and watch me some Pats!!!! Shenanigan, when I was in Iraq in 2003 I got to watch a few on AFN SAT, but also got game updates a few times from the TOC when I was out flying missions!!! Got back to Germany just in time to see the Superbowl at the club at Illesheim........... goodtimes! Goodluck in Afaghnistan when you are there and hope you still post here!! Attack!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

carawaydj, I have DirecTV with both the NFL and MLB packages.  My question about SlingBox is....Can you remotely view NBC is someone at home is viewing ABC from the Boxes TV output?
    Posted by Tcal2

No.  The SlingBox will actually control whichever cable box it is hooked up to.  When I change the channel through my SlingBox, it is actually changing the channel on the cable box at my house.  Should any Pats fan outside of NE want to send one to a friend or relative back home, they should probably pay for an extra cable box that will not be used.  That is still much cheaper than getting the NFL Sunday Ticket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah it's tough to get the Patriots on TV unless you have the ticket. I live in Central Florida along the coast and it's Dolphins or Bucs all the time! Though it does allow me too follow the enemy,and I can tell you that the fish are improving but they ain't quite there yet and i can cooberate the fact that the Bucs just plain stink offensively,that kind of information doesn't help my knowledge of the Patriots. I won't use the online sites as they are always freezing.I did watch the Red Zone last year a lot so all in all I caught a few more games than usual..I figure it this way,if I don't see the game I won't be pulling my hair out...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

In Germany for the next few years but you simply can't beat NFLGAMEPASS.

It's in HD and a shame they don't stream to the states.  Must be something with the copyrights.  Whatever...  I get the best part of the states with none of the commercialized crap...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Dante, your posts are invisible.  you must have been banned.  Sign out and you will see that you cannot see your posts.  I read the RSS version of the threads which still shows the posts from banned users.  I saw you there, but not here.  I never heard of NFL GamePass.  I just looked it up though and see it allows you to view the NFL Network and "Archived Games", but can you view live games?  It is interesting that it only works outside of the US.  I assume it's because of their TV Network deals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Bozo, if you're down here in FL you must have a Hooters or something close by with the NFL package.  I get the baseball package but just go out on Sundays to see the Pats.  They usually end up playing almost half their games on national tv anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Any solution for people living outside of the US (no way to get the programs "slung" from within the US)?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I use a slingbox as well and it's great! I've used it for the past two seasons and it has been the best money i've spent in awhile. Froglegs, there are websites like justintv.com and others that broadcast the games on one of their channels but the NFL can be quick to come in and shut those channels down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

5 of the Pats games are Nationaly televised and I live in NY so Ill get atleast 2 or 3 more when the Pats play the Jets and the Bills. That covers 8 games. There will probably be a few more they will show on top of that so really I need to find a bar with Direct TV for 5 or 6 games

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Slingbox is pretty cool, especially if you have a smart phone.

I used to work at Best Buy.  They're pretty cool.

But satellite doesn't always work in the woods in New England weather, and I've never liked the lag

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Caraway you're a life saver, after reading your post I did my research and I will be buying a Slingbox asap! Finally no more crappy Steeler and Raider bars out here in LA, it's not even fun to watch a Pats game with all those tools around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I live in florida and all you need do is type into google free NFL games, there are guys that bradcast the games online and it works all for free like a charm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I live in florida and all you need do is type into google free NFL games, there are guys that bradcast the games online and it works all for free like a charm
    Posted by JerrySpringer

That's only because you are Jerry Springer and they open up the bandwidth for you.  Whenever I tried to watch any of those streams, they maybe worked "OK" 25% of the time.

BTW, a friend of mine claims he is a lesbian stuck inside of a man's body.  Can he get on your show?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

ATDHE for those ofn you who live outside of the ststes like I do and have to depend on the computer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

patsfaninpa420, thx for the hint but justintv.com and such are unfortunately pretty unreliable.
    Is anyone having experience with getting the NFL Sunday Ticket from abroad? Is it worth the money?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I watched every game last year, through a streaming client, that was playing the UK telecast (it still had the American announcers, just a different studio cast).

It was clear and reliable, but I hate to mention what it's called, since the NFL never shut this one down. Google is your friend, I didn't miss a single game last year.

Having said that, when is the NFL gonna get it's head out of the sand? I can buy the MLB package for my PS3 and catch all the Sox games through it. Why doesn't the NFL want my money? I'd be willing to pay about $150 to get all the Pats' games that way...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

patsfaninpa420 , thx for the hint but justintv.com and such are unfortunately pretty unreliable. Is anyone having experience with getting the NFL Sunday Ticket from abroad? Is it worth the money?
    Posted by FrogLegs

As far as I know it is not available.  Directv is not in Europe.  Europeans don't give a crap about American football so I don't think it's a possibility.  The only english speaking sattelite company I know of is SKY out of Britain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I watched every game last year, through a streaming client, that was playing the UK telecast (it still had the American announcers, just a different studio cast). It was clear and reliable, but I hate to mention what it's called, since the NFL never shut this one down. Google is your friend, I didn't miss a single game last year. Having said that, when is the NFL gonna get it's head out of the sand? I can buy the MLB package for my PS3 and catch all the Sox games through it. Why doesn't the NFL want my money? I'd be willing to pay about $150 to get all the Pats' games that way...
    Posted by jedinate

Because DirecTV pays Billions for the rights to charges me over $300.00 for the HD package.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

better advice: move back to New England or if you're not from New England to begin try rooting for your local team...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to For those who can't watch Pats' games on TV:
    During the season, there are a lot of folks not living in NE asking where they can watch the game on the Internet.  I live in SoCal, and prior to getting the NFL Sunday Ticket with DirecTV, I was in the same boat.  Most of the Internet streams such as justin.tv are poor, and very unreliable.  One of our service members asked about options last season and I recommended he buy a SlingBox.  I'm in the Czech Republic for 2 months this summer so I decided to buy a SlingBox solo myself so I can watch US TV over here.  I can tell people now that it works like a charm if you have a broadband connection with at least a 512 kbs UPLOAD speed.  It should work with less, but the video quality is pretty darn good with at least that amount. So my advice to those living out of the area wanting to watch the games is to buy a SlingBox and send it to a relative or friend in the viewing area.  It's real easy to setup. MODS: Don't delete this thinking it's a sales pitch.  Nearly every game in the season there are folks trying to figure out where to watch the game online.  I'm just mentioning an option that I can now say I've tested firsthand.
    Posted by carawaydj

You read my mind. moved to colorado last year and icant tell you how frustrated i was with internet streams or having to spend money at a bar. i will be buying the HD slingboxmodel to put in my parents house back in mass... cant wait to get all the sox games too!

Sections
Shortcuts