For those who have been wondering why the RB's....?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

For those who have been wondering why the RB's....?

This is pretty much common sense but there are those who blame whatever running back is carrying the load on everything from a full moon to Tom Brady

| ESPNBoston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots are an unpredictable bunch on offense, with the ability to wear down a defense both through the air and on the ground.

The running game, which has improved dramatically in 2012, has featured four separate players that each seem to bring something different to the table. While Stevan Ridley has become the primary workhorse, it's a guessing game to project who will earn the first carry each week, as the Patriots have shuffled the starter on a weekly basis.

Running backs coach Ivan Fears told reporters last week that the process of deciding who will be in the game on the first play and series lasts right up until the offense takes the field.

"When we game-plan, we practice a certain way, and we go right up until the beginning of the game," he said. "Before the coin toss, we're still talking about what we're going to do and how we want to play this game. ."

Fears said that each of his running backs has to be prepared for his own role - starter or not - but also to fill the role of a running back counterpart.

"Everybody has a role, everybody has a role," Fears noted. "Everybody else has got to back-up everybody else, because you can get an injury, and somebody's got to be able to take over that role. Everybody's got to be able to do everything, but just like everybody has strong suits, you try to take advantage of their strong suits. You try to do what that guy does best, and that's what you do."

Unlike seasons past, the Patriots don't feature a running back with double-digit seasons worth of experience, rendering it a fairly young group in comparison. But Fears said he still has his veteran presence in the running back meeting room, and it's Danny Woodhead.

"Woody's my veteran. He's my veteran," he said. "He keeps everything going in that room, and keeps the guys in tune, shows them how it goes, and how to be a professional athlete. That's my big dog right there, he's the boss in the room there. I think it helps to have some senior leadership, a veteran guy.

"Young guys coming in, this is a different game. This is not the college game, this is a different game. It helps to have somebody around, and you've got to remember, Stevan and Shane [Vereen] were both here with Kevin [Faulk] and those guys last year, so they got a chance to learn from those guys on the little things about being a professional athlete."

The coach said learning about the nuances of the game off-the-field from the veterans is pivotal for young backs.

"That's what it all about. How you've got to take care of your body, all the things that are important off the field," he continued. "None of those guys has a problem on the field. They practice, they play hard. It's the little things they do off the field that makes them successful, that gives them a chance for longevity in the league. Those are the things that they learn from

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: For those who have been wondering why the RB's....?

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gee, it's a good thing you started this thread. Is this the part where you point out that BB drafted Ridley has other options AND Ridely is AHED of the very pricey Arian Foster in yards?

It's funny how you bash BB constantly why continue to think this team is only about Tom Brady, but this only makes you look dumber on the topic.

I would suggest stop propping up Brady so much and realize who the GM and coach is to help make this happen.

[/QUOTE]
    LOL, I have never bashed BB and if anything have made excuses for some dubious things like the secondary.  You, on the other hand bash him at every turn and pretend you don't.

Stop running Woody, stop letting TB have his selfish way....blablabla.  Iit's all noise.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

I bash BB? The guy I think is the best coach in sports, of all time and arguably the best GM ever, I bash?

Really?

You expect people to believe that? I would suggest not lying repeatedly. We saw what happened to your friend Triple OG/Shizzly yesterday lying about dealing drugs.

I'll wait for you to call a truce so the board doesn't get bogged down with your petty behavior, but until then, expect to be called out.

This thread is another deflection attempt for Brady not trusting Ridley in the SB and Brady also preferring to use Woodhead in his preferrred shotgun spread in the postseason, which is where he feels more comfortable.

Also, this thread shows you have reading issues.  Just because they say "everyone has a role", the key is what Fears says where he tells us the truth and that's that they want all 4 RBs to generally know what to do on all 3 downs in every situation, which is a far cry from pretending subbing the skill set is the answer.

ANyone believing what any Pats player or coach says in public is a moron. I care about what they say away from the press and what they do on the field.  Generally speaking, this is a nice improvement from last year, and it's about time they trust the people the draft. You don't need to be in the Brady club with a SB appearance to be trusted. ABOUT TIME.

Glad I could help.

[/QUOTE]

Again, you have no clue how ridiculous you sound.  Brady did not trust Ridley in the SB?

Brady prefers to use Woody in the shotgun?   Sick! And not in a good way...

Try it this way.  The coaches did not trust Ridley in the SB and the coaches send Woody out in the SG.   BB and the others are coaches.  TB works with what he has.

The lights are on but nobody's home  Hello???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I bash BB? The guy I think is the best coach in sports, of all time and arguably the best GM ever, I bash?

Really?

You expect people to believe that? I would suggest not lying repeatedly. We saw what happened to your friend Triple OG/Shizzly yesterday lying about dealing drugs.

I'll wait for you to call a truce so the board doesn't get bogged down with your petty behavior, but until then, expect to be called out.

This thread is another deflection attempt for Brady not trusting Ridley in the SB and Brady also preferring to use Woodhead in his preferrred shotgun spread in the postseason, which is where he feels more comfortable.

Also, this thread shows you have reading issues.  Just because they say "everyone has a role", the key is what Fears says where he tells us the truth and that's that they want all 4 RBs to generally know what to do on all 3 downs in every situation, which is a far cry from pretending subbing the skill set is the answer.

ANyone believing what any Pats player or coach says in public is a moron. I care about what they say away from the press and what they do on the field.  Generally speaking, this is a nice improvement from last year, and it's about time they trust the people the draft. You don't need to be in the Brady club with a SB appearance to be trusted. ABOUT TIME.

Glad I could help.

[/QUOTE]

Again, you have no clue how ridiculous you sound.  Brady did not trust Ridley in the SB?

Brady prefers to use Woody in the shotgun?   Sick! And not in a good way...

Try it this way.  The coaches did not trust Ridley in the SB and the coaches send Woody out in the SG.   BB and the others are coaches.  TB works with what he has.

The lights are on but nobody's home  Hello???

[/QUOTE]

He has no clue that the coaching staff are the ones who put the personel packages on the field.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

I have a clue. PLENTY.

My issue is the OC caving into what Brady prefers. See the difference? If McDaniels does what O'Brien did last year, we ain't winning a SB.

So far, it's been better this year (even though the Seattle game was major red flag that they over-think things similar to the disastrous 2011 games), but it's CLEAR he started this thread to again make it seem like Brady was handcuffed in the SB last year. BALONEY.

This whole attitude of you need to be in his club and earn his trust is a crock. An absolute crock. You have to play the guys on the roster to get to that point. If you never do, it will never happen.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone right now who loved the Ridley draft pick and realizes how important BJGE was in 2010 after the Moss trade.  Keep it up, kiddies.

[/QUOTE]

You have Zero clue.  OB caved into what selfish TB wanted?    BB had no say in that matter?

Is this a fact or a twisted agenda of  a TB hatin troll?   Which is more likely?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not selfishness, it's what you want for you to be comfortable and play well. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't favor the delicate sensibilities of Brady over what works. Yes.  That's correct.  O'Brien also called a stupid play action on 1st down with Brady in the end zone which is a no-no. It's clear O'Brien didn't have control over Brady. VERY CLEAR.  O'Brien was jettisoned into a hole and is not in the NFL anymore.

But, yes, it DOESN'T WORK.  Do you really want to walk into New Orleans this year and see that kind of offense again? Really?

How come you haven't taken the wager I've offered too? Hmmm? Care to answer that, Mr. Tough Guy? 

Spineless. 

[/QUOTE]

Ummmm. you have called it selfish and wanting to pad stats,  many, many times!

Do you deny this?

I have no idea what your foolish wager is, nor do I care.  I did see you make a wager before and welch on it though, as have we all.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ...you have some good point from time to time, but this whole thing about Brady controlling personnel, who gets on the field, ob jettisoned out of the nfl, etc is a bit off the deep end. I am sure Brady has a say, but I don't believe for a second that he decides who plays and who doesn't. That is just crazy. And, on the oB thing...oB accepted a position with PSU ...how is that jettisoned? 

I am lost for words and can't think what your agenda is here...you love BB the coach and gm regardless of what he does, the good and the bad...seem to hate Brady and thinks he is the downfall of this team, and prop up a defense that has been suspect over the past 4-5 years. You also seme to blame Brady for the defenses woes, etc, etc..with that, is it hard to understand why everyone calls you out on this board? Could you be the only voice of reason, everyone else being trolls, or whatever else you call them? At some point in the day, I got to think you might for 1 second reflect on this insanity..no?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

PatsLifer,

It's like saying Dean Pees wasn't fired. He was.  Just because the Pats don;t come out and make a big statement about who they fired, it doesn't mean they weren't let go to improve a situation.

What NFL team brings in a future OC DURING THE PLAYOFFS? NO TEAM DOES.  BB could have easily called McDaniels and said "I am looking forward to having you back when our season is done." He didn't.

How can you be this blind? If I am O'Brien, I am moritified that McDaniels is sitting in the meeting rooms as the future OC while I am the OC currently.

You can spin it all day long and however you want, but you can't change reality.  Also, Bill O;'Brien being a default choice at PSU is nothing to brag about. I am sure he got a raise, which is good for him, but let's not pretend the PSU job was even competed for or a hot job to go after.

Please stop.

As for Brady, he's the QB of my team. But, he's not above the team.  This is where I disiagree with the Ballwashers, who believe he is above reproach regardless of what he does in games, because of his past accomplishments. I just want him to play well in the postseason again. If you can't see this, I can't help you. This is why a 45-7 pasting of the weak Rams D or the weak Eagles D last year means jack squat. Jack squat.

I want the Brady that MEANS it when he says "it's about the next one" (getting the next ring).

He's going to get another chance this postseason.  It's literally all up to him and how he runs the offense during the game.  He's the QB. It's the most important position in sports, arguably.   Just like last year I know BB will have this D ready and playing to their utmost level, I wonder about the offense agains the good Ds and if Brady/McDaniels stay patient.  The question is about how Brady will play at 20 mil per and being our best player.

The better question for you  is, why do you and some others here care more about stats in the regular season as if it matters in January or February? It's the weakest argument ever as to why me as a diehard fan has to be overly-enamored to be able to post here in peace.

This is like a Brady Lover Clique Board for fantasy football fans and kids with video game controllers in their hands.  That's what it is.

You should be asking those people and maybe yourself why you don't appreciate the masterful rebuild on the fly to provide this landscape for all the players to thrive in, including Tom Brady.

I called this 2-3 years ago. All of it. I said to just be patient and wait because when he's done you're going to really like what you see. But, we have a bunch of morons who take the anti-media bait (go read any recent mazz, gasper, etc, piece), and use that as their reaction.

We actually have people here taking the Felger cue about how the cap doesn't matter and we see him praising the Jets for these last 2-3 years, yet you know see why he's a moron and why the Jets are done for years to come. LMAO

This is the person I am going to agree with? A sensationalist, flaming radio head who has little minions running around here on this board? Really?

Again, I am one of the few here who gets it.  The cap doesn't go up until 2015 and BB has the youngest and cheapest D in the league, while he invests more so in the offensive side of the ball in an offensive era.  Yet, these same fans here mock BB and then are overly critical of the D while simultanelously ignoring issues on the offense?

How does that make sense?

Look, I hope they get on a major roll here and I think they can, but my concerns remain that McDaniels is not much different than O'Brien when fishing through the playbook during games. We'll see.  But, we all know what this is about and it's why you all are so sensitive about it.

If Brady and the offense he leads played better in SB 42 and especially SB 46 where they dictated the game for the majority of it but failed to score more in the second half, we aren't having pissing matches on this board right now.

The Ballwashers just can't admit it. They can't. It's pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Crusty, everone is cuckoo except you.  We get it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not selfishness, it's what you want for you to be comfortable and play well. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't favor the delicate sensibilities of Brady over what works. Yes.  That's correct.  O'Brien also called a stupid play action on 1st down with Brady in the end zone which is a no-no. It's clear O'Brien didn't have control over Brady. VERY CLEAR.  O'Brien was jettisoned into a hole and is not in the NFL anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure that is accurate... O'Brien left to become a college head coach. That was how Charlie Weis left the Patriots. Was he "jettisoned into a hole"?

Sections
Shortcuts