For us rational thinkers...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

For us rational thinkers...

Might be typing this just as much for myself in an attempt to put my thoughts down on paper, but maybe others will see some truth as well.

The Good:

It's early in the season. 

We lost to an out of conference opponent.

The defense looks really solid.

Despite how terrible we played, we still had a chance to win.

The Steelers, Jets, and Ravens are all 1-1. 

The rest of the AFC East is 1-1.

The Bad:

Hernandez being out for any extended period of time doesn't bode well. It makes this offense much more one-dimensional.

We play the Ravens in Baltimore next week.

I'm worried about Gostkowski. Once you miss one of those it can haunt you for the rest of your career.

All things considered, this loss isn't all that bad. Despite how terrible the team played, they still had a chance at the end to pull a win out of their a--. The defense continued to look really good, and it's much better to lose to an NFC opponent, especially early in the year. Seeing that the Jets and Ravens lost today, the playoff implications this week are basically a wash. I would have liked to have seen a Texans loss, and a Broncos loss tonight would be nice, but you can't always get what you want. Most importantly, New England is still tied for the lead atop the division.

While losing Hernandez certainly hurts, especially before playing the Ravens, I think this team will be just fine. 

I'd much rather have a stout defense and an inconsistent offense than the opposite. I think that this defense is going to be really good, and if the offense can find their rhythm, this team is going to be special.

An early loss is nothing to get too worked up about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: For us rational thinkers...

A rational thinker? What are you doing here?

PANIC!!! PANIC!!! :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Chandler Jones, despite what nearly EVERYBODY was saying, is a force out there on nearly every snap.  I am really happy about him, Hightower, and Wilson.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I do have to say it looked like they could have called holding on the Cards almost every play! Jones  is a beast so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The defense looked good today. allowed one drive that turned into a TD. not bad.

the defense can't help it when ST's gives them a free 98 yards

offense needs to get they crap togteher. it might make sense to bring in P Burres now that hern is out for 6 weeks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do have to say it looked like they could have called holding on the Cards almost every play! Jones  is a beast so far.

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

These losses, as you have perfectly mentioned, is not a bad loss. But there are somethings I personally would need to see corrected over the next few weeks before I feel comfortable about the direction of this offense without Hern.

Defense was very good and I love watching Jones play, he alone helps other lineman out with his penatration abilities. Hightower looks like another typical Patriots solid linebacker, Mayo style.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We lost a game we should have won.

We lost a chance to 1 win up on our divisional rivals as well as the Ravens, and Steelers.

Those non division Cardinals will play all the other teams in our division. Had we beat them and they beat the Bills and jets that would be one more against our division rivals.

Worst of all we ruined a great effort by our young defense who did everything but score TDs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

More Good:

Jets Lost

Brady at least got fired up there at the end.

Lloyd got in a better rythm for stretches near the end and looks like he will become integrated into the offense and develop a chemistry with Brady.

More Bad:

The patriots actually looked good on about 3 drives and then Josh McD called strange drive killing plays and forced them to punt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This isn't a real big deal. It takes 5-6 games to figure out what you are in this league. I like the D so far. I'm starting to see dropped passes as a major problem looming. That has to stop. We seem to be getting twice as many as the norm. And at very inappropriate times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just kind of shocked they lost the home opener like that to be honest and to make matters worse - I wouldn't call Arizona a good team - I don't care if they do have a good front...their offense stinks.

The good news is that Hernandez should come back at some point and our offensive line should get better as the year goes on. I'm not worried and I did see some good things in the loss. Something that concerns me is that Welker came out and said that they had a bad week of practice. Did the win last week go to their heads already? It's a real young team...I imagine it could of. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This isn't a real big deal. It takes 5-6 games to figure out what you are in this league. I like the D so far. I'm starting to see dropped passes as a major problem looming. That has to stop. We seem to be getting twice as many as the norm. And at very inappropriate times.

[/QUOTE]

According to Rusty that is Brady's fault...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think everyone here knows that the defense played very well again and that the offense stunk today. I don't think that the offense is all on brady though, guys were dropping passes and he was sacked 4 times. 

The defense is going to be great by seasons end. Every year under BB they improve and play their best down the stretch. Imagine this defense getting even better? I'll take a great defense and an average offense in the playoffs any day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me ask you this:

Is anything Brady does his fault?  This club walks into Baltimore next week and I'd bet money some of you will already cook up excuses for him next week, somehow spinning it on to the D for effect.

[/QUOTE]

You really think that?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

according to the experts here pats were gonna win by 30

Ya, ya, Jips fan, sometimes chit happens.  Just like your loss to the girls.

Actually, all the experts had them winning by about 14.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

according to the experts here pats were gonna win by 30

Ya, ya, Jips fan, sometimes chit happens.  Just like your loss to the girls.

Actually, all the experts had them winning by about 14.

[/QUOTE]

Jips?

[/QUOTE]

•  

Verb: To take unfairly, to rob. Alternate Spellings: Gyp, Gip, Jyp. Shortening of the word Gypsie, as Gypsies were believed to be thieves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, which is why I am so annoyed at the call on gronk at the end of the game. Refs werent bad, they were inconsistant...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was thinking at least the Patriots will be P'd off coming in against the Ravens.... then the Ravens lose today.  I guess they may be a little P'd off too now.

It wouldnt be a bad thing to see the Patriots get everything solved and hit their stride towards the end of the season.. kind of like some other team we know about.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts