For what it's worth.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

For what it's worth.....

We allowed 310 yards per game in '04.

We all know what happened that year.

The thing with Belichick's defense is this:

Yardage given-up isn't high on his list. It's all about points - can you prevent the other team from scoring points.

We didn't do a great job of that today, but when it mattered, we kept the Bills off the scoreboard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: For what it's worth.....

In Response to For what it's worth.....:
    We allowed 310 yards per game in '04. We all know what happened that year. The thing with Belichick's defense is this: Yardage given-up isn't high on his list. It's all about points - can you prevent the other team from scoring points. We didn't do a great job of that today, but when it mattered, we kept the Bills off the scoreboard.
    Posted by vertigho

pretty much what happened. hopefully by palyoff time the team will have matured enough. they did a have a few bright spots today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Cool stat the D strapped down and only allowed 7 points in that second half. You know why? Because the offense complimented the defense and thats how it has to be. Brady today stepped up and his execution was other worldly today. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: For what it's worth.....:
    Cool stat the D strapped down and only allowed 7 points in that second half. You know why? Because the offense complimented the defense and thats how it has to be. Brady today stepped up and his execution was other worldly today. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Amen.

Allowing 7 points in the second half and getting 2 turnovers is a huge plus.

I think it's safe to say that some halftime adjustments were made, and those being good halftime adjustments.

I think everyone is overblowing our defensive issues.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by Pancakespwn

good postive words

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to For what it's worth..... : pretty much what happened. hopefully by palyoff time the team will have matured enough. they did a have a few bright spots today
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I hope you are right but a lot of people were posting that same thing last year about the defense being ready come play off time and look what happened. This defense appears worse this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southendboy. Show southendboy's posts

Its a win.....Ill take it.....next!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet

Next....loss in Miami

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: For what it's worth..... : I hope you are right but a lot of people were posting that same thing last year about the defense being ready come play off time and look what happened. This defense appears worse this year
    Posted by Brad34

Brad, how does this D appear worse than last years' ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

young defense came up big when it really mattered... gave up 23 point in the game but chung had the pick in the endzone and meriweather had the pick to seal up the win.  the only stat that matters in football is the number in the WINS column. and we added 1 to that number today.

btw... i missed the spiller kickoff return, and only saw the highlight on NFL.com, but was there an illegal block in the back on that one? just curious... did anyone else see that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southendboy. Show southendboy's posts

In Response to Re: For what it's worth..... : Amen. Allowing 7 points in the second half and getting 2 turnovers is a huge plus. I think it's safe to say that some halftime adjustments were made, and those being good halftime adjustments. I think everyone is overblowing our defensive issues.
    Posted by vertigho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

...the spiller kickoff return, and only saw the highlight on NFL.com, but was there an illegal block in the back on that one? just curious... did anyone else see that?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Yes Fowler, and the announcers mentioned it but then shut up when it was obvious that nothing would be done about it.

If that had decided the game, I would be bitter. However I will keep this chip and even put it on my shulder if and when that becomes necessary.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southendboy. Show southendboy's posts

young defense came up big when it really mattered... gave up 23 point in the game but chung had the pick in the endzone and meriweather had the pick to seal up the win.  the only stat that matters in football is the number in the WINS column. and we added 1 to that number today. btw... i missed the spiller kickoff return, and only saw the highlight on NFL.com, but was there an illegal block in the back on that one? just curious... did anyone else see that?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southendboy. Show southendboy's posts

young defense came up big when it really mattered... gave up 23 point in the game but chung had the pick in the endzone and meriweather had the pick to seal up the win.  the only stat that matters in football is the number in the WINS column. and we added 1 to that number today. btw... i missed the spiller kickoff return, and only saw the highlight on NFL.com, but was there an illegal block in the back on that one? just curious... did anyone else see that?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: For what it's worth..... : Brad, how does this D appear worse than last years' ?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Secondary is a lot worse than last year.

Sections
Shortcuts