For Wilbur, Byrnes, Mazz, Felger, and all of you who insist on 'blaming' someone for the loss...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

For Wilbur, Byrnes, Mazz, Felger, and all of you who insist on 'blaming' someone for the loss...

Great piece by Rick Reilly

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7553934/being-too-hard-patriots

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Re: For Wilbur, Byrnes, Mazz, Felger, and all of you who insist on 'blaming' someone for the loss...

Great article ... thanks for sharing.

Am I disappointed we lost ... Absolutely ... but I am also really proud of the team and the way our players conduct themselves.

We have four picks in the first two rounds ... Can't wait to root for them next year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: For Wilbur, Byrnes, Mazz, Felger, and all of you who insist on 'blaming' someone for the loss...

I insist on blaming Felger, Mazz and Shaughnessy for the loss. They should be blamed for a lot of things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koot. Show Koot's posts

I usually don't like Rick Reilly, but he's absolutely right.  There are too many spoiled fans who don't seem to understand that it's difficult to get to the Super Bowl.  They were a good team that played great to get to the Super Bowl, and they had some big things break their way to make it (Denver knocking off Pittsburgh, the end of the Ravens game).  It was tough to see them lose the Super Bowl, but, it's hard to not be proud of how they played to get there.  Especially after watching the Red Sox season end the way it did (and followed by all the disgusting dirty laundry afterward).

I'd love to see this heartbreaking loss end up weeding out all the obnoxious know-nothing fans who think a Super Bowl loss isn't good enough for them and means its time to clean house.

The media is a whole different story.... they should know better.  It's tough because the NY media is just as obnoxious as the Boston media, but, they generally support their teams, whereas the Boston media can't wait to trash their own teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: For Wilbur, Byrnes, Mazz, Felger, and all of you who insist on 'blaming' someone for the loss...:
    [QUOTE]I insist on blaming Felger, Mazz and Shaughnessy for the loss. They should be blamed for a lot of things.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!!..... WHO did those seers pick to win S.B AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course the media and the fans are mostly idiots. The D lost the endgame just like they have been doing for years. This isn't a deep dark secret. It's obvious. They are what they have been. Hopefully that changes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Rick Reilly is wrong. The Super Bowl is a zero-sum game. In fact, the whole season is comes down to it. There is a Champion and there are 31 other teams. Teams that fail to win Super Bowl multiple times do end up getting credit for being there.  Instead, the are specifically remember for their inability to win the big game (70's Vikings, early 80's Dolphins, late 80's Broncos, early 90's Bills).

I agree that people who want to get rid of Brady, Belichick, or Welker are out of their minds, but that does not change that they nearly lost AFC Championship game and did lose the Super Bowl for reasons that had made a lot of people question how far this team could go: was the offense more flash than substance (they piled on stats and points in high scoring games, but struggled to score in lower scoring grind-them-out contest) and the defense allowing tons of yards and not being able to stop teams when it counted.

The near Hail Mary at the end of the game will go down with Kevin Dyson getting tackled at the 1 yard-line, a simple footnote in the annals of Super Bowl history. The Manningham catch, like the Tyree catch will be the play shown and remembered forever.