Ford released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ford released

waiting for practice to start and team announced Ford is released. I thought he was in the running, but Fells and Hooman have looked very good, and Sudfeld is already on the team.

This is probably good news for TT

Wonder if it means anything regarding Gronks health (good news if Ford is released)...of course the team wont say anything regarding injury, so may as well speculate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Ford released

Wonder if his injury is of a serious nature. 

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Can't make the club from the tub.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Doesn't this up the odds Ballard makes the team? He looked good the other night blocking on the line, too.

Seemed to move well.

Fells, Ballard, Sudfeld, and Hooman all make the team. Gronk back week # 7. IMO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What was Ballard in for 9 plays?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I know you were high on him rkarp, but you nailed the assessment of Sudfeld...at least it appears you did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I know you were high on him rkarp, but you nailed the assessment of Sudfeld...at least it appears you did.

he needs to stay healthy and on the field the entire preseason...he has skills...

to tell you the truth, I was looking at the TE's with the mind set that Gronk would replace Hern. He has all the needed skills to be better than Hern. It would also save wear and tear on Gronks body. Watching Sudfeld, what struck me was he was skinny. Then I focused on Ballard. Obviously could be the in line blocking TE...but to my eye he was limping (still). It must have been obvious to the coaching staff as well, as Sudfeld got more and more snaps, and he impressed more and more. It was pretty easy to spot, even some one like myself could see the piotential with this guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

he needs to stay healthy and on the field the entire preseason...he has skills...

to tell you the truth, I was looking at the TE's with the mind set that Gronk would replace Hern. He has all the needed skills to be better than Hern. It would also save wear and tear on Gronks body. Watching Sudfeld, what struck me was he was skinny. Then I focused on Ballard. Obviously could be the in line blocking TE...but to my eye he was limping (still). It must have been obvious to the coaching staff as well, as Sudfeld got more and more snaps, and he impressed more and more. It was pretty easy to spot, even some one like myself could see the piotential with this guy

I'd take a healthy gronk over a healthy Hern any day - to me he is one of a handfull of guys that can't be covered in the NFL.

I haven't seen much of Sudfeld, but he looks like he can run a little bit. He looks too thin to me, but everything I've read says he's a good blocker. You're right health is going to be the big key with him, he fell because of that. I just want to see him run up field 12 yards, turn around and sit in that spot between a safety and a linebacker and catch the thing...take a hit and hold onto it. If he can do that he's going to help, because let's face it, those young guys on the outside are going to struggle at times and Brady is going to need to be able to throw it towards the middle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You must not have seen my assessment of Sudfeld then!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

lol, who the hecj is ford? seriously... who is he? thought of saying.. ford's released, but te new GM trucks are awesome... the toyatos are humming!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I thought the same thing! BWAAAAAAAAAAAA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You must not have seen my assessment of Sudfeld then!

You too? Good for you, good call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not this Ford?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-fTJf5o1OM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm-fTJf5o1OM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think the Pats will make the final decision on TE's until the last minute. They will want to evaluate Ballards in line blocking in game action, not practice. He played minimal snaps last week, but played well. I can see an Alge Crumpler role for Ballard, especially early on if Gronk is out. I do feel Sudfeld is on the team, as is Hooman...he simply does too many things for the team....comes down to Ballard and Fells if Gronk is healthy...or Pats could go 7 OL, 4 RB and 5 TE's?

I have also been told that the Jets would take any of the TE's cut imediately, so maybe there will be some game manship to wait until the very last minute on the decision

Sections
Shortcuts