Forget Bowe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Forget Bowe

Chiefs re-signed WR Dwayne Bowe to a five-year contract.

The sides finalized the deal just ahead of Monday's 4PM franchise-tag deadline. Financials aren't in yet, but we suspect Bowe received roughly $11 million annually. He's now under Kansas City's control through his age-33 season. Appearing in 13 games last season, Bowe racked up 59 catches for 801 yards and three touchdowns. He's three seasons removed from a career-best 72/1,162/15 line, but has obviously been adversely affected by poor quarterback play. Alex Smith is at least competent and should help Bowe re-ascend to WR2 value in 2013.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Forget Bowe

I never liked Bowe or Wallace for the Pats, and never thought either one was ever considered by the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Never wanted him anyways.  Always wondered why people thought so much of him, he never impressed me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

didn't care for him either....just updating the news

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Financials aren't in yet, but we suspect Bowe received roughly $11 million annually. He's now under Kansas City's control through his age-33 season. Appearing in 13 games last season, Bowe racked up 59 catches for 801 yards and three touchdowns. He's three seasons removed from a career-best 72/1,162/15 line, but has obviously been adversely affected by poor quarterback play. Alex Smith is at least competent and should help Bowe re-ascend to WR2 value in 2013.

If Bowe is getting that kind of money with that kind of production, the Patriots have to come up with a reasonable offer for Wes Welker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bowe not worth the money they are paying him, $11 million for him is way over paid.  THe only bad thing about this is it could drive up the price for Welker.  While I want Welker to stay a Patriot, I don't want him breaking the Patriots cap bank.  $9 million range is being reported for Welker.  I would like to see a deal in the $8 to $9 million range, no higher. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Still like Hartline from Miami.  I think he is a young Wes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For the right price I would have liked to have Bowe but really I'll take Boldin (once released) or Nelson. Hartline would be a very nice addition too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

forgotten

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

Because he's white? Hartline is more a young David Givens...not Wes Welker. -_-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to msteven's comment:

Because he's white? Hartline is more a young David Givens...not Wes Welker. -_-

I agree, Hartline is an outside WR like Givens was. Amendola is closer to Wes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Bowe not worth the money they are paying him, $11 million for him is way over paid.  THe only bad thing about this is it could drive up the price for Welker.  While I want Welker to stay a Patriot, I don't want him breaking the Patriots cap bank.  $9 million range is being reported for Welker.  I would like to see a deal in the $8 to $9 million range, no higher. 

Oh? You don't think the Pats should ratain Welker at all cost?