Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE +VOLLMER will be the DIFFERENCE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE +VOLLMER will be the DIFFERENCE!

bla bla.. once I heard that Vollmer would be perfectly healthy, I formally placed my bet on the Pats. WE can overcome a gimpy 70% Gronk, ditto with a Raven-like TB (minus the INTs). WE can throw in Solder as the extra TE. If you saw the first game and have followed the jints all year, its clear we would be able to run on them at will. Even more so if Ridley is on the roster with Ocho. I could care less about Och as a WR, check out who's on the field on virtually every 20+ yard run for the Pats blocking his buttt off... yeah, that's one #85. That's the part of his game and success with the Pats that has been severely underrated that could be the difference on Sunday. His blocking is why he will get at least 30 snaps and be on the roster. Surprise MVPs could be BJE and Ridley along with one Mr. Branch. OUr run must set up the pass as opposed to the other way around as it has been since 2007. That's your big adjustment. WE must go back to the 1990 Giants and 2001 Pats style as the defense steps up.

If we run the ball and win the war in the trenches, the rest will take care of itself. TB could throw 3 TDs from the red zone and the defense will more easily step up in a rested, less panicky way playing with a lead all game. Eli is due for a bad game, he's a better Tebow, in that like TT he's usually very average (far less pathetic than TT) for the first 3 quarters than comes back with the great 4th quarter comeback. I simply do not think he will get the opportunity to be Mr. Clutch for the lead will be too insurmountable entering the 4th. He may cut it to 10 points but the jints will fall due to the other side of the ELI!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE will be the DIFFERENCE!

I too was pleased to hear Vollmer will most likely play and thought tht would free up Solder as a TE at times and let Gronk play when he can.

Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE will be the DIFFERENCE!

Best Idea Ive heard so far.

All week all Ive heard about is the GRonk injury. Its basically, "what will the pats do if GRonk isnt 100 %"  "will they show up"

HELLO, there are other players on the team, namely some guy named Wes who had over 100 catches.

I cant believe that everyone thinks Gronk is the only weapon we have.

Truth is, if the Line doesnt block, it dont matter what weapons we have.

We have to establish ourselves in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Pass, Pass.

Whatever, just block the front 4 and lets get outta Indy with another Trophy.

The 3 main guys I look for to atone for the loss in 07' are Brady, Light, Mankins.

Those are 3 guys that played very subpar games and who havent forgot.

Good news is our Line has met all comers ALL year.

Lets hope They Dont decide to have a bad game sunday..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I have a hard time crediting Ocho for any real part in the team's success so far. Hopefully that can change a bit in the final game of the year. BUT your point about the O-line is one I completely agree with. It's the most under-rated part of the team's success. I think the Pats have arguably the best offensive line in the league right now and they define teamwork with the way they substitute for each other without any perceptible drop off in performance. Dante gets a huge amount of credit for that and I never hear him in front of a microphone. Wonderful chemistry between these guys as well. Brian Waters was an awesome addition. I think the Giants defensive linemen are going to be a little bit surprised by the stiffness of the resistance they will encounter Sunday evening. Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE will be the DIFFERENCE!:
    [QUOTE]Best Idea Ive heard so far. All week all Ive heard about is the GRonk injury. Its basically, "what will the pats do if GRonk isnt 100 %"  "will they show up" HELLO, there are other players on the team, namely some guy named Wes who had over 100 catches. I cant believe that everyone thinks Gronk is the only weapon we have. Truth is, if the Line doesnt block, it dont matter what weapons we have. We have to establish ourselves in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Pass, Pass. Whatever, just block the front 4 and lets get outta Indy with another Trophy. The 3 main guys I look for to atone for the loss in 07' are Brady, Light, Mankins. Those are 3 guys that played very subpar games and who havent forgot. Good news is our Line has met all comers ALL year. Lets hope They Dont decide to have a bad game sunday..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    taking the rusty double space approach i see?  i agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

first play the o-line needs to knock those cocky little jackwagons on their butt, it would set the tempo for the game and just like t-fizzle last week, that could check them out of the game mentally....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

When the O-line is healthy, they have days when a fearsome pass rush like Indianapolis simply doesn't get anything done all day.  Furthermore, they have days when the opponent puts a nickel on the field and then the Pats successfully run, and run, and run until either the defenders take the nickel off or else the defense collapses and the game is over. 

BB typically spares no expense in getting exactly his type of guys up on the line.  Mankins is a first round pick.  Vollmer is a mid-second round pick.  Solder is a first round pick, a rare #17 for the Pats (they had to trade for something that high).  Gronk is a mid-second round pick, but he had a bad back in college and no one else wanted to give him a try as a first rounder.  Too bad.  The same is true of rookie Marcus Cannon, who had chemotherapy for leukemia in June, but he's still blossoming.

BB doesn't look for sheer strength.  He wants nimble tackles who can cover the fastest defensive ends, and he wants guards who are quick enough to pull.  He likes aggressive players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'm thinking the biggest differance from this SB and #42 is Mike Strahan is gone and we have a healthy Brian Waters  and Matt light.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

"the oline will be the difference" may be the most objective statement made in the last 10 days. Pats need to slow down the front 4 of the Gaints because they just get weaker as the defense moves back. They are 29th against the pass kinda balancing the Pats 31st. Works the other way as well. With Carter out, pats front 4 is weaker. But after the beating the newly self appointed elite QBI of the Giants took last week, do not count out Vince and his friends coming up big again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

This could allow them to rest Gronk and use him in the red zone only. That way he would be more able to have an impact should they need him to come on late in the game for a game winning drive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

fish, I am thinking the same thing. Have Gronk in there to block early, esp. in the run game.

IN the 2nd half, when the defense starts getting gassed, you unleash the Gronk in the passing game.

Dont risk him getting re-injured early in the game. We do still have Hernandez who cant be covered one on one.

He can work the middle. It wont be the seam routes that Gronk runs, but he actually can run good routes and get open in the middle vs backers or even cb's.

I still like Deion to get open vs their # 2 cb. I respect Webster and he can make plays but not really anyone else.

Woodhead is a mismatch with Boley or Blackburn.

Wes will get open vs whoever if its single coverage.

The biggest thing to me is either running the ball or throwing outside. 2 things the pats dont feature much but will have to try as the Gmen will have the middle of the field flooded with defenders IMO.  If they put out more db's then you run, if they flood the middle with backers, throw it outside the hashes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I forgot to add. We have two healthy RTs instead of Nick Kaczur with his bad back wearing a huge flack jacket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

This is a better group the what the Giants have they will be the difference. I been saying this all week

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Really good point.

They are more diverse.

They can run on the Giants.

But will they resist their first tendency to pass pass pass?

Remember running  pays off  slowly as the game goes on, passing can be instant gratification. What will they do?

(Personally, I think they will play hard nose old fashioned football and smack the Giants in the mouth and make them wonder why anyone called NE an finess team)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

AGREED.  Our Dline and Oline win it.  Tom is going to be a clock manager working within the offense, just like the good ol' days. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

And a healthy TFB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: Forget Gronk, Forget Brady, Forget everything...Our OLINE will be the DIFFERENCE!:
    [QUOTE] I forgot to add. We have two healthy RTs instead of Nick Kaczur with his bad back wearing a huge flack jacket.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]this was my point. none is saying it. fact is our OLINE is superior to the 2007 team and the jints d-line is not as good. compare koppen-always gimpy neal-and the bad back-pillpopping and very limited kaczur. kour right side of the oline was very weak, always the weak link. jints kept attacking it. koppen always had issues with smaller speed rushers up the gut. connolly is BETTER. loved neal back in 2003 and 2004 but his play really declined. clearly waters had been BETTER.

VOLLMER OR SOLDER TO KACZUR IS LIKE shooting a bullet or throwing a bullet, not even close. even matt light 2011 is BETTER than matt light 2007.. yes, BETTER. MANKINS HAS SLIPPED JUST A SMIDGE BUT Its not really detectable.