Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......

Going after Wallace would be way too costly for the Pats....the money they would have to give & the 1st round tenderd pick to the Steelers just wouldn't be worth it... I say cut Chad & Branch & go hard after both Meachem & Lloyd for Brady to have to exploit defenses, I bet between the money the Pats would save after cutting Branch & Chad they would be able to pull off the major score & totally open up the Patriots offense for the next 4-5 years with the youth & speed they would be adding......

If Welker won't sign (& I hope he does sign) a 3 year deal for 6 mill a year & a 2 million dollar signing bonus, the Pats should let him walk & develope Edelman in the slot....6 million a year with the bonus is VERY fair for the position Welker plays...Is Edelman as good as Welker, probably not, but he's no slouch either & with Meachem & Lioyd added to the fold I say he'd be good enough!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......

dmc~

That's precisely what I'd do...  Austin Collie or Robert Meachem=period.  Both very smart players who will be only 26 and 27 years old through the course of next season, whom have just enough experience in the pros that I want (3 years and 4 years, respectively thus far), 2 Guys with the size that appears to bode well in NE's general wideout schemes (6'0 and 200lbs/6'2 and 220lbs) <Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten were all those moderate-(hedging a bit towards the smaller, especially in the current NFL standards)-sized WRs whom based their successes (and sorta had to) more off of things like playbook knowledge, film study, QB chemistry, and personal committment, Much more than some 6'4 230lb wideout stud straight outta the SEC, whom casually runs 4.2 40's while leaping over tall buildings in a single bound.  Both have certain added proven extra qualities while being pro wideouts thus far:  Meachem has survived on a team (NO's) with a very exacting/demanding Offensive juggernaut with a pretty d#mn deep & competitive group of guys vying for starting time specifically within NO's wideout corp.  While Collie himself proved this past year, that his receiving skills were good enough to even transcend whichever Pizza Hut Employee that Indy placed behind the line in order to feign being an actual "NFL Quarterback" in 2012.  2 much overlooked intangibles, which very often, Is more than enough to hamstring even the best wideouts at times & if someone else at this spot was forced to deal with factors such as these here...  I want Vet experience, but I want the BAREST of minimum vet experience right here at this spot:  3-4 years where you've proven you can operate and fully belong in the pros, Yet it can be readily surmized that'cha still might reach an even higher output level (you haven't utterly blown the world away in production...and therefore inevitably=Price Tag), ALONG with that bare minimum of just enough pro proven quality wherein you still have years left on your body's wear & tear, while at the same time, ya haven't been largely force-fed the same offensive system, surrounded by the same set of guys, in the exact same & only single franchise for 8 or more years (i.e. your entire & lengthy career), Until it becomes a much more trying matter in any subsequent attempt whenever a different team, coach, QB, and operating system, has to spend 3X as long in their attempts to get you on this different franchise's "same page" <see Ocho />.

Collie or Meachem=Garnering 1 of these 2 guys would be Priority #1 for me...

Mohammed Sanu out of Rutgers=Selecting Sanu with NE's 31st Pick would be my MUST-DO, second act-  In the same way that I generally like targeting my Offensive Line Prospects outta the upper midwest Div 1 schools, I tend to grade both wideouts and cornerbacks from Big East Schools (Mid Atlantic on up through NE).  For O-Linemen, BOTH for some reason- those schools such as Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan- Appear to really covet and place a higher priority on nabbing the very top echelon of HS O-Linemen to sign to their programs...  YET, unlike some high-powered passing Southern School playing on astro turf every game in ideal weather conditions, I GOTTA know that these O-linemen are true beasts of burden, who've played and suffered in mud, cold, muck, hot & muggy summers, freezing solid winters (sorta tougher transition goin' from sunny, exciting, southern school, playing conditions & style, fans themselves, & exciting nightlife of Miami Florida- To=New England (even worse, Foxboro).  I feel the same RE: Targeting Both Wide Receivers and Cornerbacks from those mid-atlantic to NE Schools, Conferences, and Individual Programs (I'd say the same IF N-East Programs placed the same emphasis on O-Linemen as those Upper Midwest Programs do...but they currently do not).  These programs within just under the past 10 years or so, HAVE started churning out exceptionally successful wideouts and Cbs as of late...  Revis, Rutgers with McCourty (1 of the added reasons that I liked him as the best CB of his class 2 years ago now)- With CB and WR, it's the same deal- I NEED to know that you STILL can offer those exceptional skills that you're showing while playing in cold, hard, mucky muddy grass with 1/2 the number of fans watching you as elsewhere, rather than "hoping" that your skills while playing 90% of your time in the most ideal conditions one could ever conjure up (astro turf, sun 24-7, boosters & study aides in droves & scores, etc..).  From a Southern School, you'll get Asante Samuel...you'll get a guy who wants to pick-off passes but never get his shirt dirty at CB.  From a NorthEast school, you'll get Revis and McCourty...Guys who understand and trully believe in offering a much more total game package (ANSWER: probably because they had too).

Collie or Meachem
    Mohammed Sanu WR out of Rutgers
    Andre Branch DE/OLB out of Clemson
    <these 2, unless DeCastro (OG) and/or Konz (OC) slips somehow or someway to be just close enough in NE's grasp that it won't cost much or anything extra- these 2 O-Linemen=As great a chance for sure-fire studs at their 2 positions, than you will likely, EVER see...they slip down, and it throws the gameplan off />
    Rd #2
    Audie Cole (ILB, OLB/DE- super positional 'tweener).
    DT (Still narrowing it down some)
    Rd #3 & Rd #4
    1 trade into Rd #2 next year, and 1 trade down into 2 #5's <considering after NE's 4th rder, they got nuthin' else...unless such a high, perfectly fitting positional needed prospect slips offers them an ideal no-brainer, and no-trade-down, opportunity.  Odds are that this last one WOULD be for me, Either a CB (first, b/c the CB position in 2012 isn't as totally bleak as Safety), Or Free Safety draftee themself <This Safety/CB along WITH a Free Agent Safety...1 thing I ain't doin' in a million years however, is drafting a mearly <and not by much in terms of overall production /> Strong Safety...in Round #1...in a positional crop of fellow Safeties who've never looked as bad in 1 single draft class, as they are in this one...A guy WITH a big history of Injury Issues (pectoral tear, double hernia-currently, which might keep him outta the combine, etc.)...a VERY average player, with average production, benefitted by college's #1 defensive program, and playing a position <SS...because he cannot and will not be able to transfer the degree of skills he HAS shown, to the position which I currently need-i.e. free safety>
         ~I believe you draft guys know who I'm refering to...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I think lloyd is going to be too much money too. Theyll settle with Wayne. But I do like meachem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I rather go after Wallace , a much better player then both of them. Meachem has been a big disappointment since entering the league. He might have size , not much skill. Now he's a one trick pony if I ever saw one. And he's not even that great at that one thing. He's an afterthought on NO for a reason. As for Lloyd , again id rather go after the better player in Wallace. It amazes me how you can say Wallace wants big money , but you think you'll sign Lloyd on the cheap. The guy has been looking to get paid since entering the league. Sign the younger , better , more versatile player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Wallace wants top 3 money & he'd cost a first round pick...Floyd can probably be had for 6 mill a year & Meachum for about 4....thats less than what Wallace  is looking for or just about the same & we wouldn't have to give up a first rounder....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Wallace costs #31 and a 6 year contract worth about 55 million.
    2012 Base salary about 8 million, signing bonus 2.5 million other bonuses 1.5 million. This is a deal that Pittsburgh can not touch because they cant get this under their cap without totally killing their cap which is already in purgatory this year and even more on future years even with expansion from new tv deal coming in 2014. Conversely the Patriots have tons of room this year and even more in future years.

Wallace is Y O U N G! His best years are his next 5 or 6 so this contract will be worth it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......": [QUOTE]Wallace wants top 3 money & he'd cost a first round pick...Floyd can probably be had for 6 mill a year & Meachum for about 5....thats less than what Wallace  is looking for or just about the same & we wouldn't have to give up a first rounder.... Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE] That's just your opinion , where did you hear he wants top three money? I'm sorry but you don't make any sense. Lloyd will get six and Meachem give? Lloyd is twice the player but will basically get the same money per year? Why would you want to pay Lloyd six per year when he's been a guy that can disappear at times. He's had major attitude problems in the past , he's older and not as good as Wallace. And why in the world would you want to pay Meachem five per when he hasn't done anything yet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......:
    [QUOTE]Wallace costs #31 and a 6 year contract worth about 55 million. 2012 Base salary about 8 million, signing bonus 2.5 million other bonuses 1.5 million. This is a deal that Pittsburgh can not touch because they cant get this under their cap without totally killing their cap which is already in purgatory this year and even more on future years even with expansion from new tv deal coming in 2014. Conversely the Patriots have tons of room this year and even more in future years. Wallace is Y O U N G! His best years are his next 5 or 6 so this contract will be worth it.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Why would Wallace sign a contract like that? you are basically only guaranteeing him 2.5mil which is only slightly more the the tender offer he'll get. The rest of the contract isn't guaranteed? To players it's all about guaranteed money, not about size of the contract (though size is more for image).

If you want Wallace you are looking closer to 20-25mil signing bonus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

Where would Lloyd and Meachem play?  One would be a starter, but how often would the other guy even play?  You figure the Pats will play out of the 2TE 2WR set most of the time, meaning that one of these guys sits except when they empty the backfield.  Seems like a lot of money to pay Meachem to come in 10 plays a game and be the 5th option in the passing game.  Also, there's good reason he's the 5th option in New Orleans.  Don't let the fact he was drafted in the first round fool you.   I would rather sign Lloyd and resign Branch to a small contract.  Branch knows the system and can play in a pinch if Lloyd were to get injured and at the end of the day give you the same production you could expect from Meachem at 1/4 the price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......": That's just your opinion , where did you hear he wants top three money? I'm sorry but you don't make any sense. Lloyd will get six and Meachem give? Lloyd is twice the player but will basically get the same money per year? Why would you want to pay Lloyd six per year when he's been a guy that can disappear at times. He's had major attitude problems in the past , he's older and not as good as Wallace. And why in the world would you want to pay Meachem five per when he hasn't done anything yet?
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

Wallace's agent is on record stating "top 3 WR money". He's worth it.

Lloyd is I believe 4/3 years older than Meachem, that's why they will get very comparable contracts. A younger, hasn't reched his potential WR, or a guy that bounced around the league for 5 years (himself being labelled a bust) before finally figuring something out. Take your choice, they're very comparable money-wise. I wouldn't be surprised if they both got around that, and at that money I'd consider Lloyd, I'm still thinking some goof will throw 7 a year at him, at which point I'll just sit back and laugh.

Meachem is someone I'd take a shot on. He got lost on a very deep NO team, but certainly showed flashes over the past 2 years. I'd take a long look at his former teammate, Colston, as well. If I could get Colston or meachem for the money they paid Ocho, I'd do it. And I'd feal better from the start than giving Ocho 6 mil. Colston's probably looking at close to 8 though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I'd spend a little more money and go after Pierre Garcon.  He'd be a perfect fit for this offense.  He's young and has been in a complicated offense.  I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about him coming to NE.  No way the Colts franchise him because it would be way too much money for someone like Garcon.  He has potential to be a pro bowl receiver.  He had over 900 yards this year with a horrible quarterback situation. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I'd spend a little more money and go after Pierre Garcon.  He'd be a perfect fit for this offense.  He's young and has been in a complicated offense.  I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about him coming to NE.  No way the Colts franchise him because it would be way too much money for someone like Garcon.  He has potential to be a pro bowl receiver.  He had over 900 yards this year with a horrible quarterback situation. 
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

Those are all good points.

Is he a RFA? I wonder what kind of money he's going to get.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem.......:
    [QUOTE]Going after Wallace would be way too costly for the Pats....the money they would have to give & the 1st round tenderd pick to the Steelers just wouldn't be worth it... I say cut Chad & Branch & go hard after both Meachem & Lloyd for Brady to have to exploit defenses, I bet between the money the Pats would save after cutting Branch & Chad they would be able to pull off the major score & totally open up the Patriots offense for the next 4-5 years with the youth & speed they would be adding...... If Welker won't sign (& I hope he does sign) a 3 year deal for 6 mill a year & a 2 million dollar signing bonus, the Pats should let him walk & develope Edelman in the slot....6 million a year with the bonus is VERY fair for the position Welker plays...Is Edelman as good as Welker, probably not, but he's no slouch either & with Meachem & Lioyd added to the fold I say he'd be good enough!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]
    Just like that, Edelman is as good as Welker? So, Edelman's going to lead the NFL in catches if we just plug him in there? Get real.

Also, if we were to simply cut ocho, we'd by smacked with a $3 mil hit on the salary cap this year.

I agree with your reasoning about wallace though. I don't understand why people are so eager to give up a #1 draft pick for this guy when there are plenty of guys who have 80-90% of Wallace's ability, who'd play for 40% of his salary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I like Garcon but I don't know what his story is.  Rumor has it is that he rejected a 5 year 35 million dollar contract with Indy.  Is it because he thinks he's worth more than that or does he just want out of Indy that bad?  If he just wants out of Indy and is willing to take less than 7 mil a year then I'm on board, but if he thinks he's worth more than 7mil in this market then someone else can pay him that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

My take on a WR for Pats O:

This O under Brady requires a player to make the same read as Brady and to do it quickly enough to run the play that way. It is MORE important thatn speed. If a player is not on the same page as Brady he will not get thrown to and will eventually never make the field.

This being understood, there are 2 possible scenarios for a WR here:
    1. a burner who is a part time player and will rin deep routes 80-90% of the plays he is on the field. This sort of a player will not need to be as keen at reading as he is on the field for a specific purpose and only a PART TIME PLAYER. He needs speed, some ability to get separation by how he runs the routes and his speed, ability to adjust to the ball in the air (Brady is only average in his deep ball accuracy) and enough toughness to make a strong play on the ball. And, also, the mindset that he is a specialty player, a spot player.

2. A WR on the field a lot. He would be on the field instead of Branch. He would have to be able to be on the same page as Brady. He would have to be an upgrade to Branch. He should be a deep threat.

Here is the problem in a nutshell: Most guys with speed rely on their atheleticism and not their brains. This person must have a quick, sharp brain first, and the talent second. But both are required. Brady will not tolerate less intellectually. Maybe it would be nice if they could adjust the passing game to be a little more forgiving but it is what it is right now.

So whether it is Meacham who I like but dont know how well he would fit, or Wallace ($), or Lloyd (dont know how well he would fit), or another flier on a rookie (you can't just give up folks...) the staff needs to evaluate the brain first. Hope they have figured that out for themselves by now...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Just a little perspective, I get a kick out of people saying we can get this guy or that guy for Cheap Money - Only 3 Million.  That is a Baaaagan.   LMAO

I love Welker but I hope he doesn't feel slighted with a 9 Million Franchise Offer.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]dmc ~ That's precisely what I'd do...  Austin Collie or Robert Meachem=period.  Both very smart players who will be only 26 and 27 years old through the course of next season, whom have just enough experience in the pros that I want (3 years and 4 years, respectively thus far), 2 Guys with the size that appears to bode well in NE's general wideout schemes (6'0 and 200lbs/6'2 and 220lbs) <Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten were all those moderate-(hedging a bit towards the smaller, especially in the current NFL standards)-sized WRs whom based their successes (and sorta had to) more off of things like playbook knowledge, film study, QB chemistry, and personal committment, Much more than some 6'4 230lb wideout stud straight outta the SEC, whom casually runs 4.2 40's while leaping over tall buildings in a single bound.  Both have certain added proven extra qualities while being pro wideouts thus far:  Meachem has survived on a team (NO's) with a very exacting/demanding Offensive juggernaut with a pretty d#mn deep & competitive group of guys vying for starting time specifically within NO's wideout corp.  While Collie himself proved this past year, that his receiving skills were good enough to even transcend whichever Pizza Hut Employee that Indy placed behind the line in order to feign being an actual "NFL Quarterback" in 2012.  2 much overlooked intangibles, which very often, Is more than enough to hamstring even the best wideouts at times & if someone else at this spot was forced to deal with factors such as these here...  I want Vet experience, but I want the BAREST of minimum vet experience right here at this spot:  3-4 years where you've proven you can operate and fully belong in the pros, Yet it can be readily surmized that'cha still might reach an even higher output level (you haven't utterly blown the world away in production...and therefore inevitably=Price Tag), ALONG with that bare minimum of just enough pro proven quality wherein you still have years left on your body's wear & tear, while at the same time, ya haven't been largely force-fed the same offensive system, surrounded by the same set of guys, in the exact same & only single franchise for 8 or more years (i.e. your entire & lengthy career), Until it becomes a much more trying matter in any subsequent attempt whenever a different team, coach, QB, and operating system, has to spend 3X as long in their attempts to get you on this different franchise's "same page" <see Ocho />. Collie or Meachem=Garnering 1 of these 2 guys would be Priority #1 for me... Mohammed Sanu out of Rutgers=Selecting Sanu with NE's 31st Pick would be my MUST-DO, second act-  In the same way that I generally like targeting my Offensive Line Prospects outta the upper midwest Div 1 schools, I tend to grade both wideouts and cornerbacks from Big East Schools (Mid Atlantic on up through NE).  For O-Linemen, BOTH for some reason- those schools such as Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan- Appear to really covet and place a higher priority on nabbing the very top echelon of HS O-Linemen to sign to their programs...  YET, unlike some high-powered passing Southern School playing on astro turf every game in ideal weather conditions, I GOTTA know that these O-linemen are true beasts of burden, who've played and suffered in mud, cold, muck, hot & muggy summers, freezing solid winters (sorta tougher transition goin' from sunny, exciting, southern school, playing conditions & style, fans themselves, & exciting nightlife of Miami Florida- To=New England (even worse, Foxboro).  I feel the same RE: Targeting Both Wide Receivers and Cornerbacks from those mid-atlantic to NE Schools, Conferences, and Individual Programs (I'd say the same IF N-East Programs placed the same emphasis on O-Linemen as those Upper Midwest Programs do...but they currently do not).  These programs within just under the past 10 years or so, HAVE started churning out exceptionally successful wideouts and Cbs as of late...  Revis, Rutgers with McCourty (1 of the added reasons that I liked him as the best CB of his class 2 years ago now)- With CB and WR, it's the same deal- I NEED to know that you STILL can offer those exceptional skills that you're showing while playing in cold, hard, mucky muddy grass with 1/2 the number of fans watching you as elsewhere, rather than "hoping" that your skills while playing 90% of your time in the most ideal conditions one could ever conjure up (astro turf, sun 24-7, boosters & study aides in droves & scores, etc..).  From a Southern School, you'll get Asante Samuel...you'll get a guy who wants to pick-off passes but never get his shirt dirty at CB.  From a NorthEast school, you'll get Revis and McCourty...Guys who understand and trully believe in offering a much more total game package (ANSWER: probably because they had too). Collie or Meachem Mohammed Sanu WR out of Rutgers Andre Branch DE/OLB out of Clemson <these 2, unless DeCastro (OG) and/or Konz (OC) slips somehow or someway to be just close enough in NE's grasp that it won't cost much or anything extra- these 2 O-Linemen=As great a chance for sure-fire studs at their 2 positions, than you will likely, EVER see...they slip down, and it throws the gameplan off /> Rd #2 Audie Cole (ILB, OLB/DE- super positional 'tweener). DT (Still narrowing it down some) Rd #3 & Rd #4 1 trade into Rd #2 next year, and 1 trade down into 2 #5's <considering after NE's 4th rder, they got nuthin' else...unless such a high, perfectly fitting positional needed prospect slips offers them an ideal no-brainer, and no-trade-down, opportunity.  Odds are that this last one WOULD be for me, Either a CB (first, b/c the CB position in 2012 isn't as totally bleak as Safety), Or Free Safety draftee themself <This Safety/CB along WITH a Free Agent Safety...1 thing I ain't doin' in a million years however, is drafting a mearly <and not by much in terms of overall production /> Strong Safety...in Round #1...in a positional crop of fellow Safeties who've never looked as bad in 1 single draft class, as they are in this one...A guy WITH a big history of Injury Issues (pectoral tear, double hernia-currently, which might keep him outta the combine, etc.)...a VERY average player, with average production, benefitted by college's #1 defensive program, and playing a position <SS...because he cannot and will not be able to transfer the degree of skills he HAS shown, to the position which I currently need-i.e. free safety />      ~I believe you draft guys know who I'm refering to...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Collie is a guy that is kind of flying under the radar and so is Meachem, but they're both guys that have size, speed and experience. I think Sunu is going to come in and help someone next year (despite his awful 40 time). I actually think our receiver position was poor last year - of course Welker is the exception, but he's limited in what he can do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem....... : Those are all good points. Is he a RFA? I wonder what kind of money he's going to get.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

From what I heard he is a unrestricted free agent.  Not sure what kind of money he's looking for but it would be worth it to look into him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]I like Garcon but I don't know what his story is.  Rumor has it is that he rejected a 5 year 35 million dollar contract with Indy.  Is it because he thinks he's worth more than that or does he just want out of Indy that bad?  If he just wants out of Indy and is willing to take less than 7 mil a year then I'm on board, but if he thinks he's worth more than 7mil in this market then someone else can pay him that.
    Posted by paularnold[/QUOTE]

I heard he rejected an offer also but I didn't hear what the deal was.  I heard he wasn't interested in rebuilding with the Colts on NFL Network.  I agree if it's a 7 million a year contract I'd pass but he's worth checking into.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]Wallace costs #31 and a 6 year contract worth about 55 million. 2012 Base salary about 8 million, signing bonus 2.5 million other bonuses 1.5 million. This is a deal that Pittsburgh can not touch because they cant get this under their cap without totally killing their cap which is already in purgatory this year and even more on future years even with expansion from new tv deal coming in 2014. Conversely the Patriots have tons of room this year and even more in future years. Wallace is Y O U N G! His best years are his next 5 or 6 so this contract will be worth it.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]
    ...and this will happen because Bill Belichick has a history of giving up first round draft picks while handing out top dollar contracts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget Wallace...Go After Lloyd & Meachem....... : ...and this will happen because Bill Belichick has a history of giving up first round draft picks while handing out top dollar contracts.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is not lost, but the fact is just when anyone thinks they've figured out how BB operates on draft day....something comes out of left field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Neither of them.

We need V Jack, or Colston

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Wallace should be the target. Look at his production. It'gets better every year. He's a game changer. We all know about his speed. He catches everything. He's 25. I cannot imagine rolling the dice on a draftee with the 31st pick when you can acquire a talent like Mike Wallace whose career is just starting. The very reason BB trades draft pick so often is to be in a position of leverage. He's in it again and when you are fortunate enough to have a player this dynamic and young sitting right in front of you, you pull the trigger. They still have the 27th pick and two seconds to address the defense. They also have plenty of cap space. Did I mention BB's affinity for Mr. Wallace? He likes him. A lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

My suggested contract guarantees 27 million over the first 3 years... I didn't spell the whole thing out but it is based on the deal Calvin Johnson got which was a 6 year 55.5 million dollar contract which included just over 27 million guaranteed. It is totally a deal the Patriots can absorb w/o hurting their ability to go out and get all their rookies signed and still have money for a couple more high end free agents and the rest of the guys they will bring in to round out the roster.

As for Belichick not doing this sort of deal... You have to be joking?! Belichick is all about doing what makes sense at that moment for the teams present and future.

Just for example "they" said he would never draft a Olineman in the first round then he drafts Mankins. I do not ever say BB will never do it cause it is then that he does it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Keeping tabs on Brandon Lloyd

March, 3, 2012
    M
    By Mike Reiss
    The Patriots have been linked with free-agent-to-be wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, based on a combination of need and Lloyd's past connection with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. 

Lloyd previously touched on the possibility himself

One line of thinking was that the Rams might consider placing the franchise tag on Lloyd, which would all but end the Patriots' potential pursuit. But veteran beat reporter Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted today that isn't likely. 

Said Thomas, via @jhtom1"Franchise tags flying throughout NFL, but Rams haven't used theirs on WR Brandon Lloyd and aren't expected to do so." 

While the possibility exists that the Rams and Lloyd could come to an agreement after Monday's franchise tag deadline and the start of free agency March 13, the Rams not placing the franchise tag alters the equation and makes it more likely, from this perspective, that Lloyd will hit the open market. 

That's good news for the Patriots