FORK trade...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

FORK trade...?

Seeing how fork is not on the field and the patriots just drafted leaveage and DL galore in the draft do you think the patriots will extend Seymour, trade fork to a team like GreenBay....

i think we could get another first and second by trading fork and greenbay is way iunder there cap

do you think we could put Brace right in and man up at 80% of the forks ability and get more picks on the back end

Or, we sign fork put too much money into the DL and lose Light, Koppen and Mankins

what do think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: FORK trade...?

Personally, I liked the Brace pick but don't think you can consider him as an adequate replacement for Wilfork before he has even stepped on the practice field.  He will have to learn the intricacies of the pro game and switch from a 4-3 tackle to the nose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No way we trade Wilfork, this is a dumb question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

Trade to greenbay who just drafted BJ Raji...probably not.

Anyways patriots definately don't want to see wilfork go! He's the best  just give him 7 mill a year and shut him up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

GB doesn't need a nose they just got Raji.

I think Brace will be great someday.

But (if) until that prediction is realized, it would be a suicidal act to get rid of Wilfork.

What I wouldn't rule out is one more tag and trade next off-season before they fix that loop-hole, if they think Brace can do the same job. It would give them control of where he goes and ensure some compensation.

But even then, I think they would rather keep Fork around, just on their terms not his.

I still think the "correct" thing to do would have been to give him a slight raise as a measure fo good faith until the negotiating period. That would have fostered good will, while keeping a lower profile than simply re-upping him outright now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Not trading Wilfork.....period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Well so much for all the people (cough ... Taz) who were saying what a great team player Wilfork is and how he's not interested in getting a huge contract and he wants to play for the Pats.  I say scr3w him.  He's under contract and if he doesn't like it he can sit on the bench all season or get traded to the highest bidder. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

that is because he is a team player and he does not need Albert Haynsworth type money Mighty. He will get his new deal and rightfully so i am not worried one bit about this. He wont be traded and he wont ride the bench, both of those are dumb suggestions. He is our best D linemen and the ancher of the entire front 7, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Seeing how fork is not on the field and the patriots just drafted leaveage and DL galore in the draft do you think the patriots will extend Seymour, trade fork to a team like GreenBay.... i think we could get another first and second by trading fork and greenbay is way iunder there cap do you think we could put Brace right in and man up at 80% of the forks ability and get more picks on the back end Or, we sign fork put too much money into the DL and lose Light, Koppen and Mankins what do think
    Posted by tagandtrade

A first and seconD??? Dream on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommiller4025. Show tommiller4025's posts

I think a trade is a great idea - for more draft choices.  Fork will outprice himself and the rest of the team (TEAM) will suffer.  This is a team not about one individual.  If he wants to continue to win, he will downplay his demands or be traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I love how people here get all agitated and start taking sides in contract disputes without even knowing what is being offered or asked for!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Well so much for all the people (cough ... Taz) who were saying what a great team player Wilfork is and how he's not interested in getting a huge contract and he wants to play for the Pats.  I say scr3w him.  He's under contract and if he doesn't like it he can sit on the bench all season or get traded to the highest bidder. 
    Posted by themightypatriots

This is why I can't stand Sey.  You know, that other great Patriot type Player.  Who held us for ransom and has under performed (always hurt) since getting paid.

I say let them wilt on the vine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Blowhard Bob if the Patriots decided to trade The Fork they'ld get a 1rst,second,and a third he's that good!!! We aren't talking Cassels type player,we are talking one of the top NT's in the game in the prime of his career.Just think what Denver would give to get a nose tackle to play in the 3-4,ditto for K.C.,and every other 3-4 team in the league.With that being said he's going to have to wait to get his money,there are presently 90 guys on the payroll and they don't have any spare change to throw around,if he and his agent act stupid will trade him and it won't be somewhere's where he wants to go to,can you say welcome to Detroit......Thats where I would send all malcontents followed closely by trips to Oakland and Cincinnatti not exactly where you go to reach super star status.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If I'm the other team I'm waiting for him to hit the free market.  I'm not going to trade for a guy and risk having him walk after one year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Vince isn't going anywhere. Those who mentioned that the Pats have all the leverage are right on the money. Vince will be taken care of once the team knows what to expect next year and not before hand.
    I don't see him getting traded at all. He wants to stay here but he wants a little more money. That will happen but he'll have to wait until summer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Vince is great, and won't be traded this year.  However, if Brace develops well this season, and shows that he is capable of being a very good nose tackle, it would be prudent of the team to save the money and let Wilfork walk.  It would definitely be hard to see him go, but what's the point of having 2 starting quality nose tackles and zero starting quality ends for Seymour's spot, as he would probably have to be let go to keep Wilfork?

If the team had drafted Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert instead of Brace, I would say the same thing the other way around.  I would just hate to see the team with two very good nose tackles and nobody to play Seymour's spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

The Pats learned their lesson when they let Samuel walk for a third round compensatory pick. Rest assured that Wilfork will be traded if he can't be signed especially with the proliferation of 3-4 teams including KC and Denver who need a nose tackle now or after this season and have cap space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

He would, unquestionably, be the best player the Pats let get away this decade.

While like likely, the concept is interesting.  The Pats could easily obtain Julius Peppers and possibly a pick for Wilfork or couple of first rounders.  I don't see it happening but you could argue nothing is out of the realm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Unfortunately, the Pats have come to a...Fork in the road.  I believe that they should fix this, and the rest of us should just...shut the Fork up. Laughing

Done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

The Players always seem to win in there's situations.  Branch wanted a trade and he got it.  Asante wanted a no Franchise agreement and got it.  Sey held us for ransom and got paid.

Am I missing any other notable hold outs in the BB era?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

The Pats learned their lesson when they let Samuel walk for a third round compensatory pick. Rest assured that Wilfork will be traded if he can't be signed especially with the proliferation of 3-4 teams including KC and Denver who need a nose tackle now or after this season and have cap space.
    Posted by flasox

and the compensatory pick wrenches a knee and is out for the year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maseda17. Show maseda17's posts

You are showing your sports ignorance if you side with the team exclusively in situations like this.  First of all teams abuse the purpose of the franchise tag which was always intended to be a method of extending the negotiation window with a player entering free agency.  It was NOT meant to allow a team to just receive one or two more years of a player's prime seasons at a minimal risk to themselves.  Granted this is an exploitation that Gene Upshaw didn't take into account when it was agreed upon.  That doesn't mean Wilfork and other such players who have taken this approach are selfish or bad people.  The Patriots have showed a willingness to back down off their high horse with regards to Seymour, giving him a restructured deal and also Samuel who they agreed they would not franchise tag in a second consecutive year.  Tell Wilfork today you won't franchise him at the end of the year and he will be there today it is that simple.  Anyone that downplays his value to this defense based on stats is a complete idiot.  He is the premier nose in football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

" Anyone that downplays his value to this defense based on stats is a complete idiot."

Thanks for the insightful input.  Now step away from your mom's computer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

You are showing your sports ignorance if you side with the team exclusively in situations like this.  First of all teams abuse the purpose of the franchise tag which was always intended to be a method of extending the negotiation window with a player entering free agency.  It was NOT meant to allow a team to just receive one or two more years of a player's prime seasons at a minimal risk to themselves.  Granted this is an exploitation that Gene Upshaw didn't take into account when it was agreed upon.  That doesn't mean Wilfork and other such players who have taken this approach are selfish or bad people.  The Patriots have showed a willingness to back down off their high horse with regards to Seymour, giving him a restructured deal and also Samuel who they agreed they would not franchise tag in a second consecutive year.  Tell Wilfork today you won't franchise him at the end of the year and he will be there today it is that simple.  Anyone that downplays his value to this defense based on stats is a complete idiot.  He is the premier nose in football.
    Posted by maseda17
    Right now Wilfolk is under contract and I do not see any reason for the Pats not to franchise tag him next year. As they have shown with Cassel, they are not going to let a top player walk for nothing especially to a rival team like the Browns or fish who would be prime candidates for him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Vince is great, and won't be traded this year.  However, if Brace develops well this season, and shows that he is capable of being a very good nose tackle, it would be prudent of the team to save the money and let Wilfork walk.  It would definitely be hard to see him go, but what's the point of having 2 starting quality nose tackles and zero starting quality ends for Seymour's spot, as he would probably have to be let go to keep Wilfork? If the team had drafted Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert instead of Brace, I would say the same thing the other way around.  I would just hate to see the team with two very good nose tackles and nobody to play Seymour's spot.
    Posted by pyegian

Sections
Shortcuts