FORK trade...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Re: FORK trade...?

Richard Seymour is now expendable. They did just fine with him out of the lineup and he's now injury prone and on the backside of his career. They should pay Wilfork and just see what happens. There's still a lot of quality vets that would love to escape to NE and have a chance at a ring. I think Seymour will be hurt in at least 4 games this year and Wilfork never gets hurt. From the interviews I've seen with Wilfork he's a really proud guy who I think has no intentions of taking a home town discount and he'll sit out everything until September.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Richard Seymour is now expendable. They did just fine with him out of the lineup and he's now injury prone and on the backside of his career. They should pay Wilfork and just see what happens. There's still a lot of quality vets that would love to escape to NE and have a chance at a ring. I think Seymour will be hurt in at least 4 games this year and Wilfork never gets hurt. From the interviews I've seen with Wilfork he's a really proud guy who I think has no intentions of taking a home town discount and he'll sit out everything until September.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]I beliueve the Pats will attempt to negotiate a deal comparable to what Jenkins and the other top nose tackles are getting. If that doesn't work then you are more likely to see a Deion Branch resolution than an Assante Samuel resolution. Keep in mind he is still under contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Vince is great, and won't be traded this year.  However, if Brace develops well this season, and shows that he is capable of being a very good nose tackle, it would be prudent of the team to save the money and let Wilfork walk.  It would definitely be hard to see him go, but what's the point of having 2 starting quality nose tackles and zero starting quality ends for Seymour's spot, as he would probably have to be let go to keep Wilfork? If the team had drafted Ziggy Hood or Jarron Gilbert instead of Brace, I would say the same thing the other way around.  I would just hate to see the team with two very good nose tackles and nobody to play Seymour's spot.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]
    Bingo! I believe that's exactly the thinking of BB and company. We'll develop Brace alongside Fork and at least a year, maybe two. If he has what it takes to step into the nose position then, Fork becomes expendable and Brace does the job for maybe $1 million per year instead of the $7-8 millon we'd have to be paying Fork 
    If the pats sign Fork for 1-2 years, that will be confirmation of this plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

My feeling is, if the team leader is at work, Brady. And Wilfork doesn't show up, yes I'd consider starting trade talks with someone. That shows me he is selfish and not dedicated to the Patriot Way. Brady forsakes a big salary so he get get great players arround him to win the prize. I haven't liked Wilfork since he made that dumb comment after the Super Bowl about I'd a rather been 9-7 and won it than 16-0 and lost it. Do him like Cutler

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I think brace was brought in to replace seymore not wilfork. They know they cant resign both these guys, but wilfork is the priority IMO. wilfork resigns, seymore sadly signs with someone else.........lets say washington.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

[QUOTE]Right now Wilfolk is under contract and I do not see any reason for the Pats not to franchise tag him next year. As they have shown with Cassel, they are not going to let a top player walk for nothing especially to a rival team like the Browns or fish who would be prime candidates for him
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

The reason that Wilfork is holding out now w/the 1 yr left on his rookie deal is just like Seymour did he didn't want to be franchised after his rookie deal was done.  Agents & players know how the Pats work & this is the only way to avoid the franchise tag.  It worked for Seymour by getting a few extra Mil his last yr of his rookie deal & then the next deal began the next yr instead of voiding the rookie deal.  A*sante would have done the same thing, but he got hurt before his last yr, so the last yr of his rookie deal he had to go out & prove himself & he did w/great #'s & b/c he didn't have the leverage to hold out before his last yr. he had to play out his last yr. of the deal & then b/c his value went up the Pats franchised him & then he threatened to hold out during the season unless the refused to franch. him again & w/contract incentives that he meet the Pats couldn't.  It seems the most impt. players on the Pats are the QB, & the Top 3 guys on the DL & everyone else just falls into line after that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"& then the next deal began the next yr instead of voiding the rookie deal. "

Len, are you sure about this?  For some reason, and I could be wrong,  I kinda remember $ey (the quintessential Patriot Type Player) was able to get his final year of the rookie contract voided.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]You are showing your sports ignorance if you side with the team exclusively in situations like this.  First of all teams abuse the purpose of the franchise tag which was always intended to be a method of extending the negotiation window with a player entering free agency.  It was NOT meant to allow a team to just receive one or two more years of a player's prime seasons at a minimal risk to themselves.  Granted this is an exploitation that Gene Upshaw didn't take into account when it was agreed upon.  That doesn't mean Wilfork and other such players who have taken this approach are selfish or bad people.  The Patriots have showed a willingness to back down off their high horse with regards to Seymour, giving him a restructured deal and also Samuel who they agreed they would not franchise tag in a second consecutive year.  Tell Wilfork today you won't franchise him at the end of the year and he will be there today it is that simple.  Anyone that downplays his value to this defense based on stats is a complete idiot.  He is the premier nose in football.
    Posted by maseda17[/QUOTE] The nose tackle is key to any 3-4 defense. If any of you really think Brace is going to step in and replace Wilfork, you are nuts. Get him in camp now and let's end this "situation."