Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery

from PhiladelphiaEagles .com:

Eagles' cornerback and kickoff returner Ellis Hobbs is headed to the season-ending Injured Reserve list with a neck injury he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

Head coach Andy Reid said a trio that includes second-year man Quintin Demps and rookies Jeremy Maclin and Macho Harris will work in at kick returner. Demps right now has a sore ankle.

Meanwhile, Hobbs will have surgery on his neck which doctors believe will allow him to continue his playing career.

"They think they can go in and fix it, where he would have an opportunity to continue his career," Reid said. "It's one of those things. It's too bad. He's done a nice job for us.

"We'll move on and other guys will have an opportunity to step up and play."

Hobbs was acquired from the New England Patriots during the 2009 draft for a pair of fifth-round draft picks. Hobbs spent his first four years with the Patriots. He had been rotating at both cornerback positions in the base defense and was averaging 24.1 yards per kick return.

To replace Hobbs' spot on the roster, the Eagles have signed cornerback Ramzee Robinson. Robinson was drafted with the last pick of the 2007 draft by the Detroit Lions, earning the moniker Mr. Irrelevant, and split time between the Lions' active roster and practice squad throughout his rookie season. In 2008, he played in 13 games, mostly on special teams, and recorded 20 tackles. He was released by the Lions prior to the 2009 season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery

I always liked Hobbs even when other hated on him. He was a tough SOB who played hurt all the time. I hope this doesnt end his career the way that knee injury ended David Givens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I hope all goes well for him. He was a good player for the Pats and he's good for the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Hobbs was the man.  I'm sick of all the hate he gets on here.  The first half of 2005, before he began to start at CB, our defense was the worst it's been all decade.  Once he and Asante started together, from the end of 2005 through 2007, our secondary and our defense were terrific.  He was shut down in the 2006 playoffs against then top-offenses San Diego and Indianapolis.  He got injured returning kicks and we had no depth behind him in 2007 and 2008.

And his smack talk was awesome.  Always honest and on point.  Unlike Maroney's "I'm gonna run hard next week" BS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Yah, He will be missed.

By opposing QB's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery:
    [QUOTE]Yah, He will be missed. By opposing QB's.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I personally don't care that "Toast" is injured for the year. He plays for the Eagles now and he is their baggage now. What waste of a draft pick he was. Good riddance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well he was a tough SOB and a good returner.  He would be at or near the bottom of the depth chart on this team though.  While I liked the guy for his toughness and frank speak, except for a few games of glory he did nothing.  He was a good returner who should have been a nickel back, but wasn't a starter.  It looks like BB agreed with that.  It also looks like the Eagles agreed with that.  He wasn't close to cracking the starting lineup with them either.  In fact, wasn't he near the bottom of the depth chart?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

yes he will and last i heard he was talking bout how he didn't enjoy playing for the pats... hope he's alright but i prefer darius butler he's got one whale of an upside

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

"Once he and Asante started together, from the end of 2005 through 2007, our secondary and our defense were terrific."

What about the 2nd half of the Colts AFC Championship game?  That was a worse performance than the man-on-man with Plaxico.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I liked him. He wasn't the greatest CB to ever play the game, but he wasn't terrible. He was great on special teams though. He played hard and through injuries. We could have had a lot worse than Hobbs. He was a decent 3rd string CB, but a great kickoff returner who had heart.

I feel bad for the guy. It's too bad players get injured (unless it's the murderer Ray Lewis). Hopefully he the surgery is successful so he can return again to play.

Still, he'll always be in my dreams.... haunting me with the coverage on Burress in the SB. It's a love/hate sorta thing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgolden13. Show mgolden13's posts

Not to make excuses for Hobbs, but I do believe he played that Super Bowl with an injured groin muscle...but I do be believe a healthy hobbs probably gets out jumped for that ball any way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Hobbs should have never been a corner. He should have been dedicated to Special teams and punt and kick-off returns and used as a reserve corner!
    Wish him well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Work of caution to Wilfork--don't leave the Patriots , your career could be in jeporady!

Sorry Hobbs I like your grit and hard play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Good luck man I wish you the best and hope your surgery goes well.

BTW, he should have never been solo covering Plaxico Burress in that final play in the SB. That complete A-Hole Plax should have been double covered. He had like a 10 inch hight advantage. Ridiculous.

But he always played hurt and was one hell of a kick returner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

I have his autograph and I met him......He's no bigger than I am but I got the impression he was stuck up. And the thing that drove me nuts about him (besides the blown coverage on the infamous SB toss) was the fact that he felt the need to celebrate FOR DOING HIS JOB! If he made a tackle he was dancin around the field like he just broke a record or something with that stupid fist pump. Even if he gave up 10 yards and a first down. Give me a break. He was not a shutdown corner and he couldn't cover man to man. Heck he couldn't cover zone and he is a HUGE reason we went 18-1. The pic K-max posted says it all. And why shouldn't he have been covering Plex? He is a cornerback. That's his job! He didn't even contest Plex. You gotta get a jam on him off the line. Make him earn his TD catch. It's called playing MAN TO MAN...BE PHYSICAL!....instead Hobbs stood there like a nitwit and got cooked.

At any rate I don't wish injury on anyone and I hope he makes it back and can play again........for Philly that is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

K-max do you condone rape and home invasion?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I bet after he has the surgery he gets up and does a dance on the opperating table. The guy was an awful corner. Sure he was a good kick returner but he adds zero value besides that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

K-max do you condone rape and home invasion?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery : K-max do you condone rape and home invasion?
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]

Come on Harley you do realize that's a movie scene from a very famous 1971 Stanley Kubrick movie A Clockwork Orange being portrayed by actors.  It's not real.

The movie and 1962 Novel by Anthony Burgess have been viewed and enjoyed by 10's of millions of people over the years.  To think or suggest myself or any one else who enjoyed that movie or any movie/book/periodical that contains violence or a rape scene condones such actions is crazy.

It would be like me assuming that because you like motorcycles that you condone Murder, rape, assault, drug trafficking and other illegal activities that other motorcycle riders such as:

The Hells Angles
    Comanchero
    Mongols
    Devils Deciples
    Vagos
    Outlaws
    Diablos
    and Pagans take part in.  I don't.  You seem to be a good man so I wouldn't even make that leap.

So, I'm not sure why your asking but of course I don't condone Rape or Home Invasion.  Just in case, I do have a loaded Glock 17 under my mattress.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

K-max it's a poor choice for signature statement, movie or not. I belong to the Warthogs MC www.warhogsmc.com. Go there you'll see why I feel that way about the movie. Obviously you can chose anything want and I won't tell you that you can't, I just feel in public forum that it's a poor choice. You seem like a good person so I'll just let it go, and also all bikers are not like the groups you listed> I can not count the number of rides for charity that I've taken part it in, nor count the amount of money we've raised. Please don't stereotype me, I've never broken the law other than a speeding ticket. You're judging me by my avatar and name so I'm judging you by what you put as your signature, say something to change my mind. And I'll take my Remington 870p to your glock any day.....peace :^) 
    HRK

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

I have a bike (as you can see by my sig pic), I don't belong to a group and I typically prefer to ride alone. I was never caught up with the need to "fit in". I can't stand waiting on people and getting into long drawn out discussions about where to ride, where to stop, and for how long. When I want to ride, I get on and go. I don't have a gun, abide by the law and that's it. I love Harleys but not the typical lifestyle one might think of. I don't like huge crowds so I don't go to bike weeks. I also love the Grateful Dead but I'm not living the hardcore hippie lifestyle either. But that's just me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]K-max it's a poor choice for signature statement, movie or not. I belong to the Warthogs MC www.warhogsmc.com . Go there you'll see why I feel that way about the movie. Obviously you can chose anything want and I won't tell you that you can't, I just feel in public forum that it's a poor choice. You seem like a good person so I'll just let it go, and also all bikers are not like the groups you listed /> I can not count the number of rides for charity that I've taken part it in, nor count the amount of money we've raised. Please don't stereotype me, I've never broken the law other than a speeding ticket. You're judging me by my avatar and name so I'm judging you by what you put as your signature, say something to change my mind. And I'll take my Remington 870p to your glock any day.....peace :^)  HRK
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]

Harley, noted and changed. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I hope and Pray all goes well for him but honestly he is not a starting quality CB, he was a Nickle/Dime CB that was also a great return man.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Former Pat Ellis Hobbs placed on IR for neck surgery : Harley, noted and changed.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Thank you K-max that is a very big gesture. Nothing for nothing I think SKs Space Odessey and The Shinning were better movies.