In response to russgriswold's comment:
In response to UD6's comment:
Got to admit that Rusty can make a person hate the patriots all by himself. Anyone who thinks Belichick is smug, hasn't visited this forum and seen Rusty's antics.
Sounds great, troll. "Gotta admit", I love pointing out hypocrites especially in the media.
Today I was lectured by a Jets troll that I shouldn't be starting any non Pats threads even if it can be related to the Pats or an AFC threads. That's rich, too, Underpants.
Now, TFB12 starts one, I make many points that show the media ignoring a rash of MAJOR issues in Denver with a 38 year old QB and a bad neck to protect, PED tests, DUIs left and right, brand new LBs, crappy Safeties, old men at CB and somehow I am trolling, huh?
Mind you, you're a Colts troll.
The irony is so thick it's ridiculous.
Me pointing out facts that the media doesn't with other teams as they ignore positive facts of our own is what is "arrogant".
All this, and I've been right all along talking about teams in cap hell, drafting, player development, etc, what do we have here? Hmmm?
We have BB, who has been bashed for 3 years+ here, doing it the right way, not ignoring the new CBA, and getting his ducks in a row, so no one really knows how loaded this team is right now unless you're dumb or don't want to know.
Cripes - this is exactly what I mean.
Koppen just blew his knee today. Apparently, you thought ESPN should have interrupted the Brickyard with the news. what a joke.
I'll reiterate points I've made before regarding the pats attention they get:
- They are on the East Coast.
- They are in one of the largest markets in the country.
- They've been successful for a long period of time.
- They are media savvy.
- They employ a mantra (the patriot way), that has been challenged recently.
- As it relates to ESPN, ESPN has created "local" sites for 5 markets in this country. Those markets get more exposure from ESPN than all others. Boston is one of them.
Finally, its clear that you never recognize positive comments from the media about the pats. All you hear is the negative. Sorry, Russ. Not everything about the pats is positive, and currently they face more questions both on and off the field than they have in years.
There's no hypocrisy in pointing that out.
1. The Patriot Way was a term coined by the media to describe how BB coaches and what he expects from his players. Selfelssness, being humble, play as a team, no ego, etc. BB, Kraft, no Patriot has even uttered the words before, and if they have, it wasn't while in a Pats uni.
So, you're wrong there.
2. Every team has questions, ours included, but why is it that other AFC teams with as many or more, don't get the same sensationalized coverage.
Finally, your goofy Midwest insecurity is a joke. Who cares what coast our team plays on?