Four missing Linemen are the major difference from last to this year's Teams.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Four missing Linemen are the major difference from last to this year's Teams.

The loss of DEs Carter and Andersen along with Light and Waters are the big difference.  The former DEs put enough pressure on to allow the rest of the Defense to play well enough to win games.  The former OLinemen allowed Tom enough time to make ALL of his reads and make better decisions to make plays and also blocked better in the running game.  Until the current Linemen play as well as the former guys from last year, we won't be able to beat the better Teams in the NFL.  A little simplified maybe but this is what I see on the field of play. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Four missing Linemen are the major difference from last to this year's Teams.

Pats O-line voted best in the NFL by Coldhardfootballfacts.com....yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Re: Four missing Linemen are the major difference from last to this year's Teams.

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then why can't we pick up a damn first down when we need to close out a game?  There must be some really poor OLines out there this year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hear you but blaming an O-line that is playing without its 2 starting guards is kind of a cop out. Brady is under center again for the 1st time in a long time and imo we announce our plays still by only using Ridley in rushing plays and only using Woodhead in passing plays.

Seems to obvious but watch defense's crowd the box when Rdiely is in there and drop back when Woody is in. I wish we would throw the ball to our Rb's and use Vareen as much as Woody....because Vareen looks better at doing both then Rid and Woody(as in running and catching).

By using a guy that can run for 4 yards or catch a check down we force the D to pay attention to more then just our typical 4 options(WW,Lloyd,Gronk,Hern) and btw I think Ridley is more then capable to doing this but McD just hasn't done it yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh that's awesome!! Glad the same football web site that called Merriweather the second best safety in the AFC is now calling our offensive line the best in the NFL. That's good. I believe the guys that run the site are from Mass and were also on record as saying we won't win a super bowl with our pass defense being so poor - they said that last year, so I imagine their outlook this season is worse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Clay73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The loss of DEs Carter and Andersen along with Light and Waters are the big difference.  The former DEs put enough pressure on to allow the rest of the Defense to play well enough to win games.  The former OLinemen allowed Tom enough time to make ALL of his reads and make better decisions to make plays and also blocked better in the running game.  Until the current Linemen play as well as the former guys from last year, we won't be able to beat the better Teams in the NFL.  A little simplified maybe but this is what I see on the field of play. 

[/QUOTE]

I think there is some truth to this, although in the long run Jones may end up being better for us than Carter was. That still doesn't make up for the loss of Anderson though (and I know he is doing nothing in Bufallo - it's just that he did something here). I do think the offensive line has done better than expected this season, however they were better last year and Brady had more time at the end of games to look the field over. And I will say that in my opinion they ran blocked better last year, but we didn't have a runner that could take advantage of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think there is some truth to this, although in the long run Jones may end up being better for us than Carter was. That still doesn't make up for the loss of Anderson though (and I know he is doing nothing in Bufallo - it's just that he did something here). I do think the offensive line has done better than expected this season, however they were better last year and Brady had more time at the end of games to look the field over. And I will say that in my opinion they ran blocked better last year, but we didn't have a runner that could take advantage of it.

[/QUOTE]

They ran for 500 yards in 2 games....but they "ran blocked better last year" perfect. Oh that's right you think that website is bogus as it differs with your ever panicking opinion that the Pats O-line is "going to get Brady killed" Just perfect.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then why can't we pick up a damn first down when we need to close out a game?  There must be some really poor OLines out there this year!!

[/QUOTE]

The offense has a new coordinator, many more moving parts than last year..and frankly, they do not know how to use the running game yet.

It is taking longer than usual for the offesne to get streamlined...and TB offesnes rely on precision, people running routes a specific way.  Llyod is having trouble adjusting but he is moving along better than ocho. Hernandez out then back has not helped this. Having 4 running backs is tough due to consistency.

I think this and much more inconsistency in the secondary is a big reason but glad to hear another viewpoint based on those 4 players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

light missing is a plus