Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday....

November 29, 2011, 9:51 PM ET
    Coach asked Tim Tebow to talk to 'mates...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7296591/john-fox-asked-tim-tebow-talk-denver-broncos-saturday

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," rookie linebacker Von Miller told The Post. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday....

I thought it was a good speech.  The guy is clearly an inspiration and a leader.  He gives them hope.

And he doesn't turn the ball over.  Good complementary football with their punter Colquitt and their defense.

Certain teams will expose their shortcomings, but they have a good shot at winning the West.  But regardless it will be for their football, not their religion.  I'm sick of hearing about Tebow as Jesus.  Tebow is what he is. 

I just hope he learns to pass better the next couple years because I hate the cl*st*rf*ck with a passion, and God does, too or else he wouldn't strike it out of the league after three or four weeks every time a team tries to use it (Miami, Cleveland, NYJ, and now Denver will have to keep improving too or I think their time running the gimmick offense will also run out)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Amen, Nick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What is there not to like about this kid? Seriously. He's not an egomaniac like most high profile players. He believes what he believes and so be it. He's a great motivator, rallies his troops and uses his limited skill set the best he can.

His style of play may turn stomachs because it's not what we want nor expect per se out of the QB position, but it seems to get the job done regardless of style points.

Going into the season, I really didn't care too much for Tebow. After watching him inspire and lead, I have a new respect for this kid. And, I want him to succeed...as long as it isn't against the Pats of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebows message.. Football is a team sport and by the way your Mother is burning in hell because she doesn't worship God the way I like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday....:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was a good speech.  The guy is clearly an inspiration and a leader.  He gives them hope. And he doesn't turn the ball over.  Good complementary football with their punter Colquitt and their defense. Certain teams will expose their shortcomings, but they have a good shot at winning the West.  But regardless it will be for their football, not their religion.  I'm sick of hearing about Tebow as Jesus.  Tebow is what he is.  I just hope he learns to pass better the next couple years because I hate the cl*st*rf*ck with a passion, and God does, too or else he wouldn't strike it out of the league after three or four weeks every time a team tries to use it (Miami, Cleveland, NYJ, and now Denver will have to keep improving too or I think their time running the gimmick offense will also run out)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a complete and total moron. You can say "Hello!" to your compadres on Ignore Land.

Obvious you can't get over yourself. But, no loss to mankind.

ADIOS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE] Tebows message.. Football is a team sport and by the way your Mother is burning in hell because she doesn't worship God the way I like.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

You're showing your limited ability to rationalize with this drivel. Quote the time AND words Tebow used re: "your Mother", or SHF up.
    Ball's in your court... we'll wait for the quote.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]What is there not to like about this kid? Seriously. He's not an egomaniac like most high profile players. He believes what he believes and so be it. He's a great motivator, rallies his troops and uses his limited skill set the best he can. His style of play may turn stomachs because it's not what we want nor expect per se out of the QB position, but it seems to get the job done regardless of style points. Going into the season, I really didn't care too much for Tebow. After watching him inspire and lead, I have a new respect for this kid. And, I want him to succeed...as long as it isn't against the Pats of course.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Good point... Tebow is doing MUCH more with his "limited skill sets" than all of his haters combined are doing with theirs. AND it shows!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday.... : Sad thing about this statement? You actually do believe it to be true.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

It's hard for some people to believe that you can actually draw inspiration from god. That's where Tebow gets his from and that's why he can pass it on to the rest of his team. Using goodness to motivate is a lot stronger than using anger and hate. That's why we won World War II.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"A lion must feel more secure that God is on his side than the gazelle." -Santayana

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tim Tebow and his type are the ones who believe you will burn in hell for all eternity if you don't do what they say.....................Personaly I don't think their is a God, but people are free to make up their own mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

[QUOTE]"A lion must feel more secure that God is on his side than the gazelle." -Santayana
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

When the lion goes hunting he knows he only has to be faster then the slowest gazzele order to eat... ......The gazzle knows he must be faster then the fastest lion in order to live.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

[QUOTE]"A lion must feel more secure that God is on his side than the gazelle." -Santayana
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

That's good that you worship Santayana

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

[QUOTE]   Tim Tebow and his type are the ones who believe you will burn in hell for all eternity if you don't do what they say.....................Personaly I don't think their is a God, but people are free to make up their own mind.

For somebody who doesn't believe in god you sure talk a lot about him and are bothered by people that do believe. Maybe you should examine your own life before judging others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Did Tebow make up the word Hail Mary Pass? Just win, everything else is up to God.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday....:
    [QUOTE]November 29, 2011, 9:51 PM ET Coach asked Tim Tebow to talk to 'mates... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7296591/john-fox-asked-tim-tebow-talk-denver-broncos-saturday "He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," rookie linebacker Von Miller told The Post. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I just thought it was whetstone.  You could use specifically designed certain grits of sandpaper too, I think.  Steel...  Right?  I believe steel can be used to sharpen iron.  I'm pretty sure the whole deal revolves around using a elementally harder substance (or groupings thereof- i.e. grains of sand), in order to sharpen a metal of weaker tensile strength. 

Iron on iron though...  I mean, it's in the bible though, So I guess those big rules say it should be right...it's just not right.  Also, you could heat up the iron the instrument, and then bang-it out into a thinner edge with another iron instrument, in this case An Iron Hammer (not a bad superhero name either, right?).  But in TERMS of actually sharpening it into a fine blade...?   Nope (the iron-iron thingey).

People though, yup- Good point right there.  People should try to lift, raise, and (ready?)="sharpen" other people's spirits.  I like that.  I do.  Just- well, God or Jesus or whoever wrote it, trully coulda done a better job at expressing this point.  Tebow though...I bet he's st#pid.  He sounds st#pid.  I don't think he's neccesarily crazy however...  He might be, I don't know him personally.  Chances are, he IS st#pid though.  That's probably a safe bet.  He does play excellent, smart mistake-free football.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I can't believe what this board is turning into, over one man!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]What is there not to like about this kid? Seriously. He's not an egomaniac like most high profile players. He believes what he believes and so be it. He's a great motivator, rallies his troops and uses his limited skill set the best he can. His style of play may turn stomachs because it's not what we want nor expect per se out of the QB position, but it seems to get the job done regardless of style points. Going into the season, I really didn't care too much for Tebow. After watching him inspire and lead, I have a new respect for this kid. And, I want him to succeed...as long as it isn't against the Pats of course.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Well he did mention that parents should have their kids should look up to him like a role model. Though I agree he is a role model it is egocentric to say you are one. Not to mention how he mentions what a good person he is for building the hospital. Again he is a good person for doing it but shows he is egocentric by having to prop himself up talking about what a good person he is when he wasn't asked about it.

That being said I don't care if he does have a self inflated ego because he is a great human and does do a lot for so many others so let him be a bit egotistic. I'd rather have an egotistic person who does good for others then an egotistic person who only helps themselves any day.

Thing is Tebow is a great leader but not much of a football QB. I'd actually put Sanchez (I feel really dirty) slightly ahead of Tebow as the better QB. Frankly Tebow's been flying on inspiration, energy, a new QB gimmick, and playing against weak O's for the last 6 weeks. Unfortunately the NFL will eventually compensate for the gimmick, he'll have to face O's that can put up 21+ points consistently, and the energy eventually wears down. Leadership might keep him a float for longer then most but leadership will eventually fail too once the team starts to lose again. We see it all time in the NFL. A new QB with a ton of energy and a new gimmick comes into the league and when the league catches up the wheels come off the wagon. Then the Wonder QB is no longer the wonder boy which is what I believe Elway already knows. Elway is already seeing the backlash from the fan base coming and he doesn't want to be painted into a corner because his hands are forced to play Tebow and not go after a true franchise QB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday.... : I just thought it was whetstone.  You could use specifically designed certain grits of sandpaper too, I think.  Steel...  Right?  I believe steel can be used to sharpen iron.  I'm pretty sure the whole deal revolves around using a elementally harder substance (or groupings thereof- i.e. grains of sand), in order to sharpen a metal of weaker tensile strength.  Iron on iron though...  I mean, it's in the bible though, So I guess those big rules say it should be right...it's just not right.  Also, you could heat up the iron the instrument, and then bang-it out into a thinner edge with another iron instrument, in this case An Iron Hammer (not a bad superhero name either, right?).  But in TERMS of actually sharpening it into a fine blade...?   Nope (the iron-iron thingey). People though, yup- Good point right there.  People should try to lift, raise, and (ready?)="sharpen" other people's spirits.  I like that.  I do.  Just- well, God or Jesus or whoever wrote it, trully coulda done a better job at expressing this point.  Tebow though...I bet he's st#pid.  He sounds st#pid.  I don't think he's neccesarily crazy however...  He might be, I don't know him personally.  Chances are, he IS st#pid though.  That's probably a safe bet.  He does play excellent, smart mistake-free football.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Ahh you bring up a great point Laz. You can't sharpen pig iron with rot iron and you can't sharpen cast iron with soft steel (which is infact cast iron slightly phase shifted and looked in phase wiht a slightly higher carbon content).

Sharpening can actually be performed with a less dense material too. Pumice for instance is a rock with such a low density it floats in water but has been used for years to sharpen blades.

Makes you wonder if Fox ever went to a HS science class

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox asked Tebow to speak to Broncos Saturday.... : For somebody who doesn't believe in god you sure talk a lot about him and are bothered by people that do believe. Maybe you should examine your own life before judging others.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

Don't persicute me for my beliefs...  I'm not the one who thinks eveyone who isn't a Baptist is going to burn in hell forever.......... It is Tebow and his weird familiy who go to poor countries where they pick up children  off the street in order to brain wash them..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If anyone has an iron knife take an iron file to it I'll bet it sharpens nicely

I think this thread has been Tebow!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone has an iron knife take an iron file to it I'll bet it sharpens nicely I think this thread has been Tebow!
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

No see, I bet it won't.  Certainly not "nicely."  I think PatsEng nailed this one by placing the criterion for adequate sharpening of metals, in a much better light.  I believe it's gonna be mostly all about the 2 substances temper, and their density in relation to each other.  Of course, there's gonna be minutely just a bit higher or just a bit lower grades of density/strength, even amidst the same substances, such as 2 pieces of iron.  BUT now, in terms of "sharpening" one piece WITH another, I'm assuming the process would work infinitely better with one of them having a much greater span of difference in that one's temper, verses the other one.

And as PatsEng notes, I don't think it's completely requisite that the sharpener metal be a stronger & much denser material than that of the instrument you're attempting to actually sharpen.  Although, in most cases, it probably IS the case of having the sharpener as a stronger forge of metal, or ideally, a stronger/denser metal/stone instead.  So I believe now, one could get away with having a much weaker tempered/less dense material to use to sharpen, SO long as the friction attributes it can create was exceptionally good.

But an iron file to an iron blade...  No.  Probably not, right?  Chances are you'd come away with getting a super sharp edge in some parts, a super sharp but MUCH thicker overall edge in other parts, and a buncha tiny dull areas along the edge all over.  Just sayin', you'd probably do much more in terms of weakening the overall material that you attempted to sharpen...  

I got these decent brushed nickel knives on sale.  And I like 'em.  I don't wanna break them.  X-mas gift.  Last year.

And again, I am FAR from an expert in Iron Age metalurgy.  I don't know all the in's and out's.  I DO know that it was either King Solomon or King David- Quick Q:  Were they the same guy?  I know these guys changed their names up a bunch, like Ochocinco does (something about success).  -BUT I KNOW it was 1 a'these fellas who were all p#ssed about those d#mn Philistines having all that sweet iron age technology for some time.  The Jewish guys had to keep bringing their axes and h#es down to the philistine settlements, in order for those guys to sharpen them.  Ya need that technology, 'cause it's just a monumental waste of money (insert: Philistine tight-wad with wallet joke here).

So yea, Either Jesus, or Tim Tebow, or Yahweh, or King James, or maybe even those 4 guy jewish writers of the Old Testament (they joined forces into some sorta 4 capital letter acronyme, but I forget...it's not NASA- it'll come to me)- Anyway, ALL these guys got it wrong.  At least accurately & descriptively.  

Same can be said for humans- "Iron sharpens iron."  NOT really the full picture.  I woulda said it much better, like:  "Just as certain things can sharpen other things, depending on the tempered strength of both, and taking into account basic fricative qualities which become dependant & must be individualized due to basic density of both materials at play....MAN too, can sharpen other men." 

~See, now that too me, just sounds much better.  Ya know- Ain't gonna wanna learn how to boost a car from some dude in your own crew, and one who you KNOW, just like you, Has NEVER j#cked a hot ride before.  Just like you, he dooesn't know which wires to tie together.  No.  Ya need a QUALIFIED car thief.  
         Same as Heaven, as Earth.  Maybe it's- Same as Heaven as in ON Earth.  Somethin' like that...  Metal too.  ALL is one:  Heaven, Metal, and Earth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]   Tim Tebow and his type are the ones who believe you will burn in hell for all eternity if you don't do what they say.....................Personaly I don't think their is a God, but people are free to make up their own mind.

Make up their minds, or make stuff up, as you have blatantly done?
    Your punishment is a waterfront residence in Ignore Land. There's absolutely nothing you can say that gives you any credibility after this drivel about Tebow.
    Your admittance of not believing in God shows your ignorance by lack of tolerance for those that do.

Typical for non-believers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

This thread has finally found a little salvation, constructive comments about sharpening stones.

So it's clear now to me that Tebow was saying, anything's possible.  Although iron is not the go to sure thing sharpening substance for iron, that there are harder and denser materials one can use for a more likely and more efficient result of success, it's still possible for iron to sharpen iron.  in other words, the speech was all about him.  Since he's not the ideal QB, the "Brady steel" that they'll need to put up 20 or more points on average, they're going to need to accept the fact that he's only iron as a QB.  

Hey, for those guys on Denver it seems like a lost season has been salvaged, good for them.  

Bye the way, i think Solomon was the son of David and one of David's mistresses.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I can see why you like Tebow. Your just like him.

Sections
Shortcuts