Fox to add musical soundtracks to NFL broadcasts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Fox to add musical soundtracks to NFL broadcasts

okay this has to be the worst idea fox has ever had. i cant think of anything that would make me click mute faster. its bad enough they make us listen to joe buck but now music tracks durring the game?? thankfully most of the pats games are on CBS.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/18/musical-soundtracks-coming-to-nfl-broadcasts/

Background music is such an ingrained part of movies and TV that we hardly even notice it. But a football game?

Michael Hiestand of USA Today reports that FOX has begun adding music to televised NFL games. The network actually started it, unannounced, with last week’s Seahawks-49ers game, and this weekend they’ve announced they’re doing it again for the Cardinals-49ers game.

A sample of the way it was used in the Seahawks-49ers game is here. I think it sounds a little goofy and adds nothing to the broadcast, but FOX Sports President Eric Shanks thinks otherwise.

“This is all in the execution,” Shanks said. “Just like music in movies, you have to use it at the right times. And imagine trying to score a movie the first time you’re seeing it.”

Shanks calls using music during the Super Bowl “a possibility.” I hope FOX thinks better of it. It’s not that football and music can’t go together — those symphonic scores are a big part of why fans love NFL Films — but during a live game it feels like a distraction from the action on the field.

direct link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQu0ynlNtbg&feature=player_embedded

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Fox to add musical soundtracks to NFL broadcasts

i saw that and hated it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh GAWD!!!  Is Fox trying to make an NFL game sound like a movie?  It would be amusing, though, to have the Jaws soundtrack play when the Pats are on offense, or a Three Stooges jingle when the Jets are playing?  There could be some interesting matchups of sound tracks to teams. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

FOX = MORONS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

+1 for the Benny Hill reference.
    I'll turn the sound off a lot and play my own tunes. Christmas tunes this time of year for the family...tunes for me when others not around. Better than most of the commentary. Most on here complain about announcers anyway..and claim to know as much football. I mean ..what would an ex player know about anything ? 
    I just don't don't want Fox picking the tunes. And I think that roboty thing on Fox is the worst. It may appeal to the meatheads out there..but I'm not sure.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Benny Hill definitely works.

hope Fox has the rights to "turn out the lights...".
    They could pay that during Jets games

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Leave it to FOX to continue trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I felt sure I would never see anything more ridiculous than the dancing Transformers.

Wrong again.

Undecided

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Maybe they could have theme songs for teams. The Jets could be Steve Miller's The Joker for Rex Ryan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I might put on Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare and shut down the volume on the TV.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jeopardy music playing in the background while plays are challenged or QB's talking it over on the sidelines with the coach would just kill it for me.

Or get this, the Brady Bunch theme song as Tom Brady and the Patriots are in the huddle and then as they line up to the ball followed by the Superman theme as Brady gets the snap and drops back to pass throwing for a touchdown pass.

Wow, this could get pretty dopey quickly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

Fox's next "Glowing Puck"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

benny hill would work good for the end of that giants game