Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

What else can you say ?  This is just a complete waste of 30 milion dollars. My grandmother is more durable than this guy. This has to rank up there as one of the worst aquisitions in team history. The whole " they should have kept Welker" story will never go away as long as this bum keeps getting injured.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

he is injury prone but not a bum. They should have kept WW who took many hits and still bounced up.

Gronk is also injury prone. How long he lasts is another ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !! helmit'

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What else can you say ?  This is just a complete waste of 30 milion dollars. My grandmother is more durable than this guy. This has to rank up there as one of the worst aquisitions in team history. The whole " they should have kept Welker" story will never go away as long as this bum keeps getting injured.

[/QUOTE]

Finding negative after a big win... shame on you.  Not sure many could take a helmit to helmit hit like that, and be OK...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he is injury prone but not a bum. They should have kept WW who took many hits and still bounced up.

Gronk is also injury prone. How long he lasts is another ?

[/QUOTE]

Who even knows when Gronk is going to come back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'm definately frustrated too but you can't blame head injuries on being injury prone. Those are tough and it will be a joke if he's playing next week. He was definately concussed. No doubt about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Finding negative after a big win... shame on you.  Not sure many could take a helmit to helmit hit like that, and be OK...

[/QUOTE]

I am estatic with the win, just bitterly disappointed in the whole Amendola situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB17JM16. Show TB17JM16's posts

He played great in week 1 with a bad groin, helped us beat buffalo, since then worthless, very frustrating because he gets open and can catch it too but he has the bad luck injury bug, he does seem fragile to me at this point and looked out of sync 2 weeks in a row b4 the head injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

If he went out there and pulled a hammy or something, I might share your venomous feelings.  However, he got KTFO.  Seriously, he was unconcious before he hit the turf after taking a major blow to the head.  I can't blame conditioning or fragility on that.  That could have easily been anyone, but sadly it was him.  Refuse to hate on him because of that, but rather just hope he's ok and can help us again very soon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he went out there and pulled a hammy or something, I might share your venomous feelings.  However, he got KTFO.  Seriously, he was unconcious before he hit the turf after taking a major blow to the head.  I can't blame conditioning or fragility on that.  That could have easily been anyone, but sadly it was him.  Refuse to hate on him because of that, but rather just hope he's ok and can help us again very soon. 

[/QUOTE]

well said...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said...

[/QUOTE]

1+

And  to jobs maybe you'd should get hit in the head , maybe your grand ma is tougher than you?or better yet go back to hockey, we have a great team win and you just bittch. I mean really what is the matter with you that you can't just enjoy a win. 

so tired of spoiled doom and bloomersbloomers 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well said...

[/QUOTE]

+1 , but seeing him lying on the turf like that and then all wobbly after on the side lines, " very soon " might be 2-4 weeks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

i hope he is okay. We need him regardless that he is easily injurny prone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are blaming today's injury, whatever it may be, on Amendola??!!!  For cripes sake, he was mashed by 2-3 defenders on that play!!!!  Let's see you take that hit and get up all bright eyed and bushy tailed!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just hope he's OK.

He looked really dazed on the sideline.

He's had some bad luck so far.  That's all it is.  I'm not a believer in the injury-prone thing.

It's a violent game these guys play.  Injuries are part of it. 

Gronk 

Talib 

Connolly

Mayo

Wilfork

Amendola

Kelly 

Vereen

Ridley and Bolden both missed games.

The Pats 5-1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a loser this guy is.  Taking cheap shots on hardworking players after a dirty and illegal hit?

Go back to the B's board and whack off to Jacobs.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree that calling a guy fragile because of a concussion on a head to head hit is pathetic.

Truly, I think Amendola's biggest enemy is Amendola. He is fearless, takes on tacklers, generally plays reckless. Welker mostly avoided unnecessary contact. He got hit plenty, but he didn't often initiate contact and he went down when the play was done.  

Faced with that same situation, Welker would have run out of bounds or would have gone down before contact occurred and lived to play another play. Amendola doesn't have that instinct. He takes hellacious hits, a lot of them unnecessary. 

I'm not sure about the dirty/illegal part. Both players lowered their heads. As I understand it, ballcarriers are just as guilty as tacklers, or at least they're supposed to be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude. Serisously. That was NOT on Amendola. The Saints are headhunters ... and they tried at Edelman ... but got Amendola.

It's a shame.... it's not on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must not believe in anything that is not black and white. Clear and concise. Karma doesn't exist. Nor does luck. Anything that isn't seen, touched, heard...isn't real...correct? Not to pile on but anyone who fails to see that some athletes are truly more prone to being injured for whatever reason is clearly either narrow minded or biased. I don't care if he gets stepped on by an elephant doing a halftime show on the field. Some people are just always in the wrong place at the wrong moment. It doesn't mean he sucks, it doesn't mean he is weak, it doesn't mean he isn't talented. It is what it is. Maybes it's simply his style of play, maybe it's something about his body control, maybe it's his fearless attitude. Heck, maybe it's some cosmic energy...I don't know. But I ask you --what do you call a guy like him if not injury prone?   Unlucky? Same thing.most every one on this board has know someone in there life who just always seemed to have two left feet, always breaking an arm in a freak accident or throwing out there back opening pickles or catching some mysterious bird virus while in Tanzania...we have all said..."yep, leave it to(fill in the blank) to do that." How much more proof do you need to call a spade a spade?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What a loser this guy is.  Taking cheap shots on hardworking players after a dirty and illegal hit?

Go back to the B's board and whack off to Jacobs.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree that calling a guy fragile because of a concussion on a head to head hit is pathetic.

Truly, I think Amendola's biggest enemy is Amendola. He is fearless, takes on tacklers, generally plays reckless. Welker mostly avoided unnecessary contact. He got hit plenty, but he didn't often initiate contact and he went down when the play was done.  

Faced with that same situation, Welker would have run out of bounds or would have gone down before contact occurred and lived to play another play. Amendola doesn't have that instinct. He takes hellacious hits, a lot of them unnecessary. 

I'm not sure about the dirty/illegal part. Both players lowered their heads. As I understand it, ballcarriers are just as guilty as tacklers, or at least they're supposed to be.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, WW would have ducked out of bounds as DA should have, he never had to take that hit. Is WW that much tougher or just smarter?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+-----------------------------------------

Flustration is one thing but it's more than a little tacky to speak that way of a guy wearning the Patriots uniform after he took a brutal hit trying to help the team win the game.  Pain and injuries aren't abstractions, part of the price they pay to entertain us.  Have a little respect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+-----------------------------------------

Flustration is one thing but it's more than a little tacky to speak that way of a guy wearning the Patriots uniform after he took a brutal hit trying to help the team win the game.  Pain and injuries aren't abstractions, part of the price they pay to entertain us.  Have a little respect.

[/QUOTE]

Tacky?   How about punklike?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Just don't like to see a player get seriously injured to the point where it may effect his quality of life later.

It's scary to see a guy walking around in a daze like DA was doing when he first got up from that hit.

Again, just hope he's OK.  I don't care if he doesn't play another down this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You must not believe in anything that is not black and white. Clear and concise. Karma doesn't exist. Nor does luck. Anything that isn't seen, touched, heard...isn't real...correct? Not to pile on but anyone who fails to see that some athletes are truly more prone to being injured for whatever reason is clearly either narrow minded or biased. I don't care if he gets stepped on by an elephant doing a halftime show on the field. Some people are just always in the wrong place at the wrong moment. It doesn't mean he sucks, it doesn't mean he is weak, it doesn't mean he isn't talented. It is what it is. Maybes it's simply his style of play, maybe it's something about his body control, maybe it's his fearless attitude. Heck, maybe it's some cosmic energy...I don't know. But I ask you --what do you call a guy like him if not injury prone?   Unlucky? Same thing.most every one on this board has know someone in there life who just always seemed to have two left feet, always breaking an arm in a freak accident or throwing out there back opening pickles or catching some mysterious bird virus while in Tanzania...we have all said..."yep, leave it to(fill in the blank) to do that." How much more proof do you need to call a spade a spade?

[/QUOTE]

I've known plenty of people with two left feet, were injury prone or always sick.  None of them even so much as sniffed a proffesional sports field or court, let alone played on one.  Those people don't make it to this level.  Now I'll grant you, some people have injuries that never heal correctly and they just can't shake them, or just have a bad run of luck.  But do I believe either of those issues came into play when he took a direct and deliberate helmet to the head?  No. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. The guy who hit him in the head and lunged with his head was the second tackler and Amendola nearing the sideline. It's not like it was an open field bang/bang play.

[/QUOTE]

Could be, I'll have to look at it again. Let's see what the league does. 

Still wish DA would avoid that situation altogether. There's no upside to lowering your head there. Just go out of bounds or go down. The kid can play, that's why it sucks so much.

I actually think he's a far better athlete than Welker. Bigger and faster, more versatile, better body control. Welker wouldn't have been able to pull off that play, doesn't have the speed.  We should probably stop comparing them, they're really not that alike, just play the same position.  

Just hope he and Gronk are playing at the end of the season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrule55. Show patsrule55's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was at the game and it was a brutal hit.  The nfl will fine the saints player for this.  Danny looked strong on many plays before he was hurt.  

Sections
Shortcuts