Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

sort of out of topic...did the Saints got in trouble with this bounty stuff...hitting players?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You must not believe in anything that is not black and white. Clear and concise. Karma doesn't exist. Nor does luck. Anything that isn't seen, touched, heard...isn't real...correct? Not to pile on but anyone who fails to see that some athletes are truly more prone to being injured for whatever reason is clearly either narrow minded or biased. I don't care if he gets stepped on by an elephant doing a halftime show on the field. Some people are just always in the wrong place at the wrong moment. It doesn't mean he sucks, it doesn't mean he is weak, it doesn't mean he isn't talented. It is what it is. Maybes it's simply his style of play, maybe it's something about his body control, maybe it's his fearless attitude. Heck, maybe it's some cosmic energy...I don't know. But I ask you --what do you call a guy like him if not injury prone?   Unlucky? Same thing.most every one on this board has know someone in there life who just always seemed to have two left feet, always breaking an arm in a freak accident or throwing out there back opening pickles or catching some mysterious bird virus while in Tanzania...we have all said..."yep, leave it to(fill in the blank) to do that." How much more proof do you need to call a spade a spade?

[/QUOTE]

I've known plenty of people with two left feet, were injury prone or always sick.  None of them even so much as sniffed a proffesional sports field or court, let alone played on one.  Those people don't make it to this level.  Now I'll grant you, some people have injuries that never heal correctly and they just can't shake them, or just have a bad run of luck.  But do I believe either of those issues came into play when he took a direct and deliberate helmet to the head?  No. 

[/QUOTE]

Wrong place wrong time. It could have been any receiver on the team. It wasn't though. It was Danny. How he was injured doesn't mean a hill of beans. It's the fact that in some way shape or form injury found him...again.unless you feel it was on level with intentional malicious assault with charges coming  than I'm not sure I follow you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's Bustchise.  Just so you know.  Phat Virgin, etc. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, I've used all of my other names to show what a fool you are all day, but now have come in under Bustchise to really show what a fool you are.  God, FiffyK, you are a flippin moron.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Bustchise, shall we confuse Harvey some more?  Dayum, I have to stop replying to myself.

[/QUOTE]

psycho!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I'm afraid if Austin Collins plays later on the season  like he did today ...it will be another diamond in the ruff from BB and possible a replacement if Amendola keeps being injuried.

But I am still giving a chance since we are playing the "Saints".  You know bountygate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

He should be wearing the Revo Speed helmet.  I watched some other game highlights today and there were a few hits like this, but nobody knocked out.  Decker from the bronco's took the same exact hit today wearing the Revo Speed and he jumped up like nothing happened.

I think this guy just doesn't know how to avoid, prepare or role with the hits.  He is injury prone. No arguments about it.  Doesn't matter if pulled hamstring or if it's a concussion, something is with this guy.  Bad decision to get him.  He wasn't doing anything in this game anyway.  He has one torn adductor from the bone, the other is 3/4 and now this.  Put him away until the playoffs maybe he can be ready to contribute then.  As of now, what a mistake it was to bring him in and count on him.  And there are people here who actually thought he would be good for us?  Shows how much some of you really don't know.  3

How much did we spend on this guy anyway?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should be wearing the Revo Speed helmet.  I watched some other game highlights today and there were a few hits like this, but nobody knocked out.  Decker from the bronco's took the same exact hit today wearing the Revo Speed and he jumped up like nothing happened.

I think this guy just doesn't know how to avoid, prepare or role with the hits.  He is injury prone. No arguments about it.  Doesn't matter if pulled hamstring or if it's a concussion, something is with this guy.  Bad decision to get him.  He wasn't doing anything in this game anyway.  He has one torn adductor from the bone, the other is 3/4 and now this.  Put him away until the playoffs maybe he can be ready to contribute then.  As of now, what a mistake it was to bring him in and count on him.  And there are people here who actually thought he would be good for us?  Shows how much some of you really don't know.  3

How much did we spend on this guy anyway?

[/QUOTE]

How much did we spend on this guy anyway

Who is we moron, your Jets are terrible!!!  Go away!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What a P#SSY! How dare he not have a harder head with a more tightly secured brain canal to shield his brain from a player that has about 40-60 pounds on him running at full speed who makes direct head contact with him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Much as I was dismayed (and am still) by the Pats' effort in re-signing Welker, I find this post attacking Amendola's durability unfair and somewhat trollish. That was a vicious and illegal hit to the head, helmet to helmet, at full speed. Any player at the receiving end will feel that. I am sure the Saints player who delivered that hit will be fined.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What else can you say ?  This is just a complete waste of 30 milion dollars. My grandmother is more durable than this guy. This has to rank up there as one of the worst aquisitions in team history. The whole " they should have kept Welker" story will never go away as long as this bum keeps getting injured.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he tries to get hurt he is just fragile -- I would put the ONUS on BB for getting involved in an EGO war with Wes Welker and breaking up the Best QB/WR tandom in the NFL and all for a million or so a year---  compare WWs contract to DAs contract -- it was'nt far off!!! Pride is a bmother---fukker!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I am estatic with the win, just bitterly disappointed in the whole Amendola situation."

Well first off he may be a bit injury prone but it's pretty unfair to expect a guy to not get hurt on a borderline thug helmet hit like that. That Saints were gunning for us. 

It's far too early to write off Amendola and his contract. But in the meantime, think about it this way: as long as Edelman and/or Amendola can play, we have largely replaced Welker. Not perfectly (I thought Welker would have been more effective against Cincy), but we have one loss. 

Getting Talib and Mayo back on the field is more the story to watch right now. 

That said - awesome awesome win

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think, in his original post, Muzz pretty much nailed it.  DA plays with a reckless disregard for his own body and its limitations.  I like him, injuries or no.

With respect to the shot he took: that was major league.  Don't know if it was illegal; do know that I doubt any  NFL ball carrier could have taken what he took and not had the lights go out.

Finally, to suggest that DA is fragile because of this particular injury is, to say the least, silly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

That was a nasty helmet to helmet hit. I saw at least 3 times they were head hunting. Suxed that they did not call it and to rub salt into the wound they call us for a penalty on the other side of the field. If I took a shot like like my wife would be making my final arrangements this morning. I hope Amendola can shake it off quickly.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

With that helmet to helmet hit no one gets up from that so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one... He's not Superman and you got to give him a break...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dude. Serisously. That was NOT on Amendola. The Saints are headhunters ... and they tried at Edelman ... but got Amendola.

It's a shame.... it's not on him.

[/QUOTE]

Agree Z. Apparently Mr Payton hasn't learned from his suspension last year. their defense plays to maim and injure. I am surprised they don't get more 15 yard penalties. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Dude. Serisously. That was NOT on Amendola. The Saints are headhunters ... and they tried at Edelman ... but got Amendola.

[/QUOTE]

And.,.did you see Payton's face on the sideline yesterday? he looks like he's been breaking into the teams medical supplies lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And.,.did you see Payton's face on the sideline yesterday? he looks like he's been breaking into the teams medical supplies lately.

[/QUOTE]

Not as funny as Rob Ryan's face. That was priceless

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I'm frustrated with Amendola's injuries myself.  Call me an idiot if you like.  He's like the guy Joe #^&^%$#@$%^% in L'il Abner, the hobo who wandered around with the thundercloud over his head.  He just can't stay on the field.  He'll probably be out for the next week or 2 and end up playing 9 games this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not as funny as Rob Ryan's face. That was priceless

[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. I am glad some posters here captured it. I rewatched it about 20 times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

What else can you say ?  This is just a complete waste of 30 milion dollars. My grandmother is more durable than this guy. This has to rank up there as one of the worst aquisitions in team history. The whole " they should have kept Welker" story will never go away as long as this bum keeps getting injured.

[/QUOTE]

You sound like those Houston fans who were cheering Schaub's injury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he went out there and pulled a hammy or something, I might share your venomous feelings.  However, he got KTFO.  Seriously, he was unconcious before he hit the turf after taking a major blow to the head.  I can't blame conditioning or fragility on that.  That could have easily been anyone, but sadly it was him.  Refuse to hate on him because of that, but rather just hope he's ok and can help us again very soon. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's see you take a shot to the head and go to your regular job tomorrow. Some people...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree that Amendola is not to blame for getting hurt on a hit where the defender caved in his head with a helmet-to-helmet hit.  I think the guy is one tough hombre for sure, but his career is such that he is a magnet for injuries.  He clearly is a difference maker, but are we gonna see him play 8 games a year?  I guess we'll have to take what we can get because he's a good WR.

Sections
Shortcuts