Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Fragile Amendola Is A Complete Joke !!

Anyone who thinks DA is fragile (because of a hit like that) is purely clueless. Would love to see any of the classless naysayers on this thread take a hit like that and get up. Some truly pathetic posts here....he's lucky to not come away with a serious neck/spinal injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like Amendola, I think he's a good player and if healthy will help the team, but he's injury prone...point blank...no doubt about it. When he caught that ball and those guys were closing in, I thought...he'll be in Aruba before his body hits the ground and sure enough he was. The shot Thompkins took was pretty bad as well, if that was Amendola he would of broke in half...instead Thompkins gets right back up. Some people are not made to play professional football - it's not their fault - Amendola is one of them. Bottom line is we went out and signed the most injury prone player in football to replace the most durable and reliable...Amendola will not be here next season...at least without taking a big pay cut. Guaranteed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Anyone who thinks DA is fragile (because of a hit like that) is purely clueless. Would love to see any of the classless naysayers on this thread take a hit like that and get up. Some truly pathetic posts here....he's lucky to not come away with a serious neck/spinal injury.

I don't think anyone is saying he is fragile because of a hit like that, they are just saying he is fragile...because of years of getting injured. That's it. As for the hit, yeah it was bad, but believe it or not there are some guys who would of survived that hit, or avoided it enough to not get injured. These things happen every week in football...20 minutes earlier Thompkins got absolutely crushed over the middle right in the head, but the guy is built different than Amendola...he got right up like nothing happened. The Saints were trying to injure guys - no doubt, but that happens in football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I like Amendola, I think he's a good player and if healthy will help the team, but he's injury prone...point blank...no doubt about it. When he caught that ball and those guys were closing in, I thought...he'll be in Aruba before his body hits the ground and sure enough he was. The shot Thompkins took was pretty bad as well, if that was Amendola he would of broke in half...instead Thompkins gets right back up. Some people are not made to play professional football - it's not their fault - Amendola is one of them. Bottom line is we went out and signed the most injury prone player in football to replace the most durable and reliable...Amendola will not be here next season...at least without taking a big pay cut. Guaranteed.

Very welL put. You couldn't be more correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

There is a monumental difference between fragile and injury prone. You are right in saying that hit would have knocked out anyone. My point is not every player would take that hit in the first place.  For some reason if there is a sprain, tear, bump, bruise, break, twist or thump to be found on the field...DA will find it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

There is a monumental difference between fragile and injury prone. You are right in saying that hit would have knocked out anyone. My point is not every player would take that hit in the first place.  For some reason if there is a sprain, tear, bump, bruise, break, twist or thump to be found on the field...DA will find it.

Exactly and it's not like he's not tough, it's just he's not made for this. Did you notice while they were walking him off that he looked like he was trying to go back out on the field? I mean the guy is tough...it's just that he is an injury waiting to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Exactly and it's not like he's not tough, it's just he's not made for this. Did you notice while they were walking him off that he looked like he was trying to go back out on the field? I mean the guy is tough...it's just that he is an injury waiting to happen.

Yes I did notice that. He has heart and desire for sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

It was a clean hit, Danny A was the ball carrier, he needs to learn to protect himself better.  He put his head down and kept going instead of maybe getting out of bounds.  I am not sure if we can get a solid 3 full game stretch from this guy at any one time during the season.  Put him on the shelf and save him for the playoffs. Or I guess until Collie leaves with a head injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

What else can you say ?  This is just a complete waste of 30 milion dollars. My grandmother is more durable than this guy. This has to rank up there as one of the worst aquisitions in team history. The whole " they should have kept Welker" story will never go away as long as this bum keeps getting injured.

Is Danny the joke? Or, is BB the General Manager? He's the one who signed Danny to the big money...while letting the dependable, durable Wes Welker leave for the Pats' top competition in Denver. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He's fragile, but not on that hit.  That was crazy. 

But imo it's unwise to miss the forest for the trees. The larger point revolves around the FO not paying Welker.  Given what was out there at the time, it's not like people freaked out about the Amendola signing.  Like they said last night, Brady was quoted as saying Amendola would have about 130 catches per year if he could stay healthy.  Incredibly talented, underappreciated receiver when he stays healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Instead of labeling him fragile, we could say he is unlucky. Either way, he is unable to contribute on the field. I like players who can be relied upon to be on the field and contribute.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

First off, hope Amendola is OK!  Is he injury prone? Yes, we knew this , the pats knew this, before singing him!  No secrets here, this is what our GM/coach signed up for! Their healthiest guy is playing in a different time zone now! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

And.,.did you see Payton's face on the sideline yesterday? he looks like he's been breaking into the teams medical supplies lately.

LOL, Payton seemed to have his lips puckering all the time like a fish.  I couldn't find the right picture but perhaps this one will do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don't agree. The guy who hit him in the head and lunged with his head was the second tackler and Amendola nearing the sideline. It's not like it was an open field bang/bang play.

Could be, I'll have to look at it again. Let's see what the league does. 

Still wish DA would avoid that situation altogether. There's no upside to lowering your head there. Just go out of bounds or go down. The kid can play, that's why it sucks so much.

I actually think he's a far better athlete than Welker. Bigger and faster, more versatile, better body control. Welker wouldn't have been able to pull off that play, doesn't have the speed.  We should probably stop comparing them, they're really not that alike, just play the same position.  

Just hope he and Gronk are playing at the end of the season. 

There are alot of players "bigger and faster" than Welker but none of them has caught over 100 passes each year for the last 6 years. I also might quibble with the "better body control comment" because he surely has a knack for catching the passes and avoid the injury-producing hits.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Instead of blaming DA for the hit that knocked him from the game, how about blaming the NO DB who delivered the illegal hit which the zebras missed altogether. DA was doing his job and any head hit requires the player and medical staff to go through a checklist which made it impossible for him to return.

I think we need to lay off the kid and enjoy him when he plays.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

Regardless of the injury amenDola had last night, he is a injury prone wide receiver. He has been his entire career. Hope he is ok and gets back on the field.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don't agree. The guy who hit him in the head and lunged with his head was the second tackler and Amendola nearing the sideline. It's not like it was an open field bang/bang play.

Could be, I'll have to look at it again. Let's see what the league does. 

Still wish DA would avoid that situation altogether. There's no upside to lowering your head there. Just go out of bounds or go down. The kid can play, that's why it sucks so much.

I actually think he's a far better athlete than Welker. Bigger and faster, more versatile, better body control. Welker wouldn't have been able to pull off that play, doesn't have the speed.  We should probably stop comparing them, they're really not that alike, just play the same position.  

Just hope he and Gronk are playing at the end of the season. 

There are alot of players "bigger and faster" than Welker but none of them has caught over 100 passes each year for the last 6 years. I also might quibble with the "better body control comment" because he surely has a knack for catching the passes and avoid the injury-producing hits.

potential doesnot mean anything in the nfl. A lot of players are bigger, faster, more athletic, and stronger than welker. But not half as good. comparing welker to amendola is just plain out dumb. Welker is and has been one of the most productive receivers in the league the last 5years. Amendola not so much.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

psycho!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO.  You need to look up the word gullible. You bought crusty's lie hook, line, and sinker.  Considering his reputation for lies, I'm surprised. But then again.....if the shoe fits.

Look...it's Bustchise  and his little persona Phat Virgin...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Aerola, er a I mean Amendola is as fragile and vunerable as a stale rye crisp.  He looks like he is smaller than Danny Woodhead...

• Sections
    Shortcuts